How banks qualify the housing loan

Welcome ! As starter, you can discuss anything related to housing loan here, or create your new forum for other topics.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

findleowong
Platinum Forum Contributor

How banks qualify the housing loan

Post by findleowong »

Hi Dennis,

Any idea how the banks qualify the housing loan for the general public?

I heard that they will check the person credit record to determine it.

For this credit record, will it always stay the same? Or whatever debts you had on hand, once you clear it, your credit record will change back to good.

Thanks
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: How banks qualify the housing loan

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:Hi Dennis,

For this credit record, will it always stay the same? Or whatever debts you had on hand, once you clear it, your credit record will change back to good.

Thanks
go to www.creditbureau.com.sg to buy your own Credit Report to check, there might be mistakes and inaccuracies. For instance, I have a client whose record stated that he is divorced, when he is married.

Banks look at 12 month record cycle. If you had a bad record or delay in payments or partial payment (not full payment promptly), then even if you had paid off the debt, the bank would still monitor you for another 12 months before reviewing your Credit Status.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
findleowong
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by findleowong »

Dennis Ng wrote:

Thanks
go to www.creditbureau.com.sg to buy your own Credit Report to check, there might be mistakes and inaccuracies. For instance, I have a client whose record stated that he is divorced, when he is married.

Banks look at 12 month record cycle. If you had a bad record or delay in payments or partial payment (not full payment promptly), then even if you had paid off the debt, the bank would still monitor you for another 12 months before reviewing your Credit Status.
Thanks for the info & sharing Dennis.

I never know there's a website on credit checking. That's interesting.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:
Dennis Ng wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the info & sharing Dennis.

I never know there's a website on credit checking. That's interesting.
Credit Bureau was set up in year 2002 and Credit approval, including credit cards, personal loans, Housing Loans etc, have NOT been the same since...since financial institutions now have more info on borrowers and their loan repayment track record.

Actually, a person with NO borrowing record does not have a Good Credit Record.

Banks want you to borrow and have a good track record of repayment, and with that you're deemed the Best borrower, instead of a person who does not have borrowing history.

This is a misconception that public holds thinking NO borrowing is Good Credit Record.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.