Upgrading To EC

Welcome ! As starter, you can discuss anything related to housing loan here, or create your new forum for other topics.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

jfoo2
Platinum Forum Contributor

Upgrading To EC

Post by jfoo2 »

Hi all,

I would like to check with you guys regarding the usage of CPF when I upgrade my HDB flat to a Executive Condominum.

Let say we sell our HDB Flat for $600k and the new EC is $700k. Both our CPF ordinary account adds up to $100k.

If I want to pay off the new EC of $700k in one lump sum, would both me and my wife be able to use our CPF balance (i,e 100k) to pay off the sale of the upgraded EC?

The reason why I am considering paying off one-shot is to be able to take on a 2nd bank loan at 80% for investment purposes. So I like to reserve my cash (and use CPF to clear it)

Is there any CPF minimum sum policy that we need to adhere to?

Thanks
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading To EC

Post by Dennis Ng »

jfoo2 wrote:Hi all,

I would like to check with you guys regarding the usage of CPF when I upgrade my HDB flat to a Executive Condominum.

Let say we sell our HDB Flat for $600k and the new EC is $700k. Both our CPF ordinary account adds up to $100k.

If I want to pay off the new EC of $700k in one lump sum, would both me and my wife be able to use our CPF balance (i,e 100k) to pay off the sale of the upgraded EC?

The reason why I am considering paying off one-shot is to be able to take on a 2nd bank loan at 80% for investment purposes. So I like to reserve my cash (and use CPF to clear it)

Is there any CPF minimum sum policy that we need to adhere to?

Thanks
for your existing property, you can use the full amount in CPF Ordinary account to pay Housing Loan.

If you want to use CPF for 2nd property, need to fulfill Min Sum Cash Component of S$65,500. You can only use CPF In excess of this amount from 1 Jul 2011.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
jfoo2
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by jfoo2 »

thanks a lot.