Are there Secrets to Success in Business?

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Dennis,

I will be the first one to enroll if you have the seminar on Secret to Success in Business!
Dennis Ng wrote:Many years ago one of my multi-millionaire sifus said to me:

Are you in business?

Dennis: yes, I'm in my own business.

Millionaire sifu: if you are not in office for 1 week, anyone call the office, who answers the call?

Dennis: I answer the calls, calls will divert to my mobile phone.

Millionaire sifu: so if you're NOT working for 1 month and does not come to office for 1 month, what will your business earn?

Dennis: if I stop working, I stop earning.

Millionaire sifu: Dennis, you are NOT in business, you're just self-employed.

Dennis: ...(yes, now I realised this).

Millionaire sifu: do you know what is a business?

Dennis: an enterprise that makes money?

Millionaire sifu: a Business is an Enterprise that makes money WHETHER the Business owner is around or not, whether the business owner is working or not working...

It is an enterprise that works without the business owner.

This is what you should aim to build your business.

4 years ago, in year 2007, we had only 2 staff. My wife and I were in Hong Kong Disney Land enjoying our holiday with our 2 young children....then suddenly, I received a call from my Singapore office

Staff: Dennis, we can't handle the situation, you need to take this call, the client insist that you assist him immediately over the phone...

I answered the phone, spent the next 10 minutes helping the client resolve some issue.

After that, when I put down the phone, I told my wife:"looks like we still do NOT have a business yet..."

Recently, we went to Taiwan for 7 days holiday. Throughout the 7 days, we didn't receive even 1 call or SMS from office. Basically, our business works without our presence and I know that NOW we truly are in business and we are business owner and not self-employed.

So anyone thinking of starting a business, do you think you would gain alot by learning from me, that by doing so, you can avoid many pitfalls in business, many mistakes that can be costly both in Time and Money?

Or do you think you're better off trying to figure out how to Start and run a business successfully by Trial and Error?

I am still considering whether should I teach all these knowledge/experience I gained in 11 years of business...as some of these are very precious experience and tips that maybe used by competitors...
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Are there Secrets to Success in Business?

Post by Dennis Ng »

Entrepreneur vs Employee: http://vimeo.com/4529121
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all, Great News!

Last year, MasterYourFinance.com Pte Ltd won the Inaugural SME1 Asia Award for Emerging Entrepreneur category.

This year, in Aug 2012, we'll be officially awarded the Promising SME 500 Year 2012 Platinum Award by Small Medium Business Association.

This award won't be possible without the dedication and support of all of you.

Here's the certificate we just received from them:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

good news!

We are likely to launch the First 2-full Day Secrets to Making Money in Business Seminar probably in July 2012.

This seminar will be jointly conducted by myself and Andy Ng,

This seminar is Unique and different from other Business Seminars out there becos it is the ONLY Seminar conducted by experienced entrepreneur and experienced Business Coach.

Note: I own 3 companies and 12 years in business) with my strength in Wealth Creation and Business Idea Creation and Implementation and an Experienced Business Coach, Andy Ng, with 11 years of Business Coaching experience. Andy has personally coached over 137 bosses.

It'll also be the only Seminar that offers the Option for continuous Business Coaching after the seminar, something which all existing Business Seminars are NOT providing.

We are now working very hard on the 2-day Course Content, but I get so excited about this and cannot help to share with you some info now.

For anyone who may think or plan to start a business in future, I think this is the Best investment you make before you start a business. 80% of businesses failed in 2 years, so without attending this seminar, you are likely to be among the 80%. For those who are already in business, you would also learn Valuable things/Strategies/Concepts that you can straightaway apply in your business.

We only teach what works and NOT theory, and we know what works becos we have applied what we are teaching you and they worked. Many years ago, when another company started conducting Business Seminars, the 2 Trainers did NOT have any successful business they started before that, in fact, the training company providing Business Seminar is their first business that succeeds...(so are they teaching you what made them Rich or are they getting Rich from teaching you?)

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

More info about Andy Ng is here: http://www.asiacoachingtraining.com/profile.htm

Yes, if you find him familiar, he is my elder brother (5 years older than me, but some say he looks younger than me, haha). He has total of 24 years of experience. He resigned and strike out on his own in year 2001 (one year after me) and was a Director of Finance (CFO), HR & Admin at Allied Telesyn International (Asia) Pte Ltd, a Management Consultant at KPMG, Financial Analyst at Chase Manhattan Bank and was one of the top remisers at DBS Vickers Securities Some of these successs include adding $8.5 million sales in a mature business with over $200 million sales a year.

As a Coach, Andy has personally coached over 137 bosses, managers and executives to achieve high work performance and higher business profits. Current coaching clients include one whose sales went up by 28% in just 4 months of coaching. Andy also coached with 9 companies adding additional $2.9 million sales and $1.1 million in new profits.

As a Trainer, Andy has trained for Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Singapore Power Limited, Yellow Pages (Singapore) Limited, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, IQPC, NTUC and Baiduri Bank Brunei on a focused range of topics including sales, marketing, planning, team building, people management, customer service and personal development.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Justinlee wrote:I will learn. Glad to learn:). That book I have finished reading. Thank you:) doing my best. I feel assured that I am not a guinea pig.
Hi justinlee,
you have joined not just a seminar, but a Wealth Revolution.

My personal belief is that the Rich Poor Divide can only be narrowed by Financial Education, empowering the average person with Financial Knowledge, on how to Plan, Manage and Grow their money.

The days of study hard, getting a good degree and a good job and your financial future will be taken care of is over. Looking at the high unemployment rate of 24% in Spain, which was once a very powerful country, looking at Greece, which is technically bankrupt which once has its glorious past show us that "Spend More than One Earns" is a sure way and method to head towards Financial Ruin...the Path to Financial Freedom is "Pay Yourself First" (save a portion of your income, at least 10% to 20%) and growing the savings by earning a return higher than Inflation rate is how one can be set on the Path to Financial Freedom and Wealth...
The last 10 days while I was holidaying in Paris and London, my 3 companies continue to run without me and continue to earn an income with/without my presence...of course that (owning Business that works without the business owner) is another thing I plan to teach starting in Aug 2012 in a 2 full-day Secrets to Making Money in Business...

But most people, whether employed, self-employed or own a business, can ALL reach financial freedom simply by spending less than you earn and growing the savings by earning a return higher than inflation rate...that's was how I reached my first million dollars, earning an average household income of S$5,000 a month and having 2 children and a HDB flat Housing Loan instalment to service...("If Yan can cook, so can you") and if Dennis can do it, so can you!
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Andy Ng, a Business Coach I engaged was one of the "Secret Weapons" to my success today. And from Aug 2012, Andy and I would share the Secrets to Making Money in Business, something that I actually took a long time thinking very hard before finally deciding to pass/teach this Invaluable Knowledge/experience both of us accumulated over the last 19 years (for me) and 24 years for Andy Ng.

Similar to Wealth Creation, how to Start and Succeed in Business is something that is not taught in schools but which the Rich (business owners) learned and teach probably only to their own children...I have the Rare Opportunity to learn from many successful business owners becos of me working for 7 years in Corporate Lending in the Bank.

Below is a posting I made on this forum in year 2006, yes, 6 years ago. At that time I only have 1 business and 2 employees, (excluding my wife, who is the COO).

Alot of people are not successful becos they might have this "Something for Nothing" thinking and attitude. The Sad News is their future would NEVER change for the better if they continue holding such a thinking and attitude.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:12 Apr 2006

just received this email from my business coach, Andy. Yes, I do have a business coach, otherwise my business wouldn't be growing as fast as it is.

I fully agree with what he said. For instance, my company Leverage Holdings provides a "turnkey" system for Financial Planners to get involved in Housing Loans and Business Loans. However, some of them ask if they can "use our company's proprietary platform" for FREE. Well, is it possible? Imagine if you spent 13 years of your adult years culminating in creation of "Leverage Proprietary Platform", so revolutionary and "turnkey" for Financial Planners, is it possible for it to be free? Well, I do volunteer my services for free for charity and benefit of society from time to time. However, is it possible for my "business platform" to be offered to you FREE? Put yourselfs in my shoes again to ask this question and you might realise how ridiculous it sound.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng, http://www.HousingLoanSG.com - we help you get BEST deal in Housing Loans and Business Loans in Singapore!

Something for Nothing
by Andy Ng, Business Coach & Trainer
(32-33) http://www.higherprofitsaction.com

This week's article I learnt from Brian Tracy, read it, take action, and forward this to your boss, clients and friends.

I've 3 quick questions for you:
* Would you like to have 100% increase in your profits without much work?

* Would you like a way to hire & keep good sales people without much work?

* Would you like your boss to give you a raise just like that?

If you answered YES, then you have this mindset called "Something for Nothing".

Something for nothing - this is so seductive and as such many people fell prey to conman who promised big gains without cost or pain.

We all know that something for nothing is just an illusion and does not exist. The reality is that we must pay something to get something.

In business and in life, something for nothing comes in the following common forms which we may not realized:

1. We go for training just because the government SDF give us the subsidy, and as a result we did not gain much from the training because we were not prepared to learn;

2. We go for training, follow what the trainer taught us, apply it for a few weeks, and later abandon it because we think that the method did not work. The reality is that for any method to work, you need to do test and measure, not just work and abandon...

3. We sold to our customers and hope that the customers will refer customers to us. The reality is that unless the customers feel that they are being rewarded, they will not refer customers to you...

4. We made good profits in our business, and thought that with profits we should be able to have money to do more things. The reality is not profit is not the same as cashflow, and more profits may not mean more money unless you know how to manage money.

5. To increase market share, we simply hire more salespeople, set targets, give attractive incentives, and think that our sales will increase proportionately with the increase in salespeople. The reality is that unless you have a winning sales management system, hiring more salespeople will not work...

Come for our seminar "Successful Sales Management" on next Friday 21 April Friday 2 pm to 6 pm. Limited seats are available, and if you register this and this Thursday's 13 April "Win New Customers Effortlessly" seminar, you'll get Brad Sugars' limited edition CD $26.90! Hurry! Register now by reply to this email.

So what can we do to abandon the 'Something for Nothing" wrong mindset?

1. Take personal responsibility for whatever you do. Blame no one. If things are not going well, face it and take corrective action. Move on.

2. Stop envying people that are more successful than you. Envy is the worst negative emotion as it implies that the successful people are there because of luck, i.e., they have something for nothing. Such envy will encourage us to think that it is possible to have something for nothing.

3. Learn from people that have done it before. Whether you are running a department or company, you need to be a more effective leader and manager. Come for our Dynamic Business Coaching Program and you'll start working on things that will improve your business. Each session will have assignments that get you going and abandon something for nothing immediately. The next class is starting on 15 April Sat. 10 am to 12 noon or 19 April Wed. 7 pm to 9.30 pm. It is a 3-month 7-session program that teaches you everything about goal setting, business evaluation, marketing, teambuilding, systems, etc. We have to limit the class size to 5, so register now if you too want to take action. Call Andy at 6225-1784 for details.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

If you want to learn "How to Start and Succeed in a Business?", good news is we'll be launching for the first time 2-day Secrets to Making Money in Business Seminar jointly conducted by Andy Ng (Business Coach for 11 years and formely worked as CFO) and Dennis Ng (yes, that's me, 12 years entrepreneurship journey and owner of 3 businesses and now "retire" from day to day operations of these 3 businesses.

Now I truly own my business, instead of the business owning me. To find out the difference between a Self-employed and a Business Owner, please watch the short educational video that SereneLoong has created at her newly created website to educate the public www.reallifetheory.com

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
sereneloong wrote:In May 2009, in the depths of the last financial crisis, I was retrenched from my middle management job in an MNC.

Dennis has been warning us repeatedly that it is possible that the next global financial crisis could be the worst the world has ever seen. In this case, I foresee a retrenchment bloodbath to come.

One of the ways we can protect ourselves is to create employment for ourselves by starting our own business. In fact, for some who cannot find a suitable job, this could be the only resort.But how does one turn this crisis into opportunity where we don't only create employment for ourselves but a well-run commercial enterprise that could even provide jobs for others?

While thinking about an answer for this over the weekend, I created this Real Life Theory video: Do you run a business? Or does it run you?
To watch, click here: http://www.reallifetheory.com/BusinessVideo

Please forward this to anyone whom you think might benefit from it.

Sincerely,
Serene
P.S. I have also started a Facebook Page for Real Life Theory. If you believe it is important to spread financial literacy, please click 'Like' here: http://www.facebook.com/reallifetheory? ... 2544333196
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

How to Start and Succeed In Your Own Business

Are you working hard in your job and not getting anywhere?

Has the "Entrepreneurial bug' bit you and you now feel like wanting to start your own business?

Statistics show that 80% of all businesses that start in this year will fail in 5 years time. In fact, as many as 50% could not even make beyond 1 year.

We all know that it is very easy to start your own business. But it is entirely different to be able to make it and succeed in your own business.

Some people have listened to their friends and took stakes in partnership that never see any profits distributed.

Others have dived into business and realized that they do not have the skills, knowledge and strategies to make it.

Some people are 'smarter' and have paid over $30,000 to enroll in a MBA in Entreprenurialship course.

Yet others know that it is best to learn from people that have started and make it in their own business.

The speaker, Andy Ng, is a Business Coach, he has coached over 167 businesses in 27 industries since 2001,including Human Capital Singapore Pte Ltd, Aegis Law Corporation, C & H Realty Pte Ltd, Teck Seng Enterprises Pte Ltd, Megapac Manufacturing Pte Ltd and Illum Neon & Signcrafts Pte Ltd and many, many others. Andy himself also conduct business & marketing seminars 3 times every week since year 2001.

Like some of the businesses listed above, you can pay Andy $30,000 a year on his 12-month Business Coaching Program. Or come and listen to him for a FREE, enlightening workshop on 11th July 2012, Wednesday 7 pm.

Date: 11 July 2012
Time: 7.30 pm to 10 pm (Registration from 7 pm).
Venue: #13-15, Park Mall Singapore 238459, Wealth Directions office.
Admission: FREE (to seminar graduates and your family and friends).

to register for this seminar, please email your name and mobile number to businessseminar@masteryourfinance.com . Seats are limited, on a first reserve, first confirmed basis.

What You'll Learn from this 2.5 hour session:

1. Why most businesses do not make it and what to do about it
2. Successful Business is about 3Ms and 3Ps - Money Making Model and Passion People Power
- Money is about Cashflow, Measurement and Profits,
- Making is about Profitable Products
- Model is about systems
- Passion is the passion of the founders and key people
- People is to get the right people on bus
- Power is about the ability to Act in all situations
3. Five-Ways Profit Leverage to Profits by 61%: Leads, Conversion, Transactions, Dollar Sale and Margins
4. The Starting is the most difficult: how to Start a Business in just 2 hours
5. The Ultimate in Business Success: Having Your Life.
Cheers!

OCP
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by OCP »

Is the email businessseminar@masteryourfinance.com valid? I try to email but it bounced back.

CP
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

OCP wrote:Is the email businessseminar@masteryourfinance.com valid? I try to email but it bounced back.

CP
my apologies, some technical issues this morning.

Please email again, it should work now.
Cheers!