The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

WK69

The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

Post by WK69 »

Some who attended the "Path to Financial Freedom" workshop did not register for the seminars because they felt that the total investment for the 3 seminars (i.e.Secrets to Investing in Stocks+Secretes to Investing in Property+How to Save and Accumulate $1m) was too high. They were not convinced that the "downside" is only $1,796 (or $1,696 if they enrol for all 3 seminars as "buddies") while the upside is unlimited, or at least $3K if you learn only one thing, i.e. how to cut down your insurance premium by $3K per year. There were others who were sceptical when told that some graduates of the Stocks seminar had made returns that were many times over the investment for the seminar. One attendee who did not register for the seminars told me that she felt offended when Dennis said that you must have the mindset of the rich to be rich.

Dennis was just being frank in his usual unpretentious self. The $1,796 may be a "cost" for someone with a poor mindset but "investment" for someone with a rich mindset. Put in another way, a person with a rich mindset looks at things from a cost-benefit perspective and does not just focus solely on the cost. If the benefit is much higher than the cost, then he or she will still proceed with the investment. In this case, assuming that one only learn how to cut down one's insurance premium by $3K per year, the $3K savings on the insurance premium alone for one year would more than make up for the total investment for all 3 seminars.

What is the value of Dennis seminars?

The value of Dennis seminars really depends on the individual. As an example, Dennis had shared with us that a person who had attended the $1M seminar had told him that she was a victim of a UK land scam. For this person, the cost of NOT attending Dennis seminar is $100K, which is the loss that she had incurred. This is because Dennis had cautioned those who had attended his seminar earlier to be beware of UK land scam. This person would not have suffered the loss had she attended the seminar earlier and heeded Dennis advice.

In fact, the Return on Investment (ROI) of Dennis seminars is unlimited or infinite (your total investment is Nil if you only learn how to cut down your annual insurance premium by $3K), while the ROI will continue to increase as the knowledge that you gain will stay with you and can even change your life.

One of the key differences between seminars by Dennis and other seminars is that Dennis teaches you "how to fish" instead of "giving you the fish". I would like to share a real-life experience of a friend to illustrate the importance of learning "how to fish" rather than "be given fishes."

My friend is a multi-millionaire, having earned his fortune from his business. He also invests in stocks, property, bonds and other investments, and would share with me the investments that he made from time to time. One of his investments was in a China company listed in Singapore which is in the agricultural business (this is one of the companies covered in the "Path to Financial Freedom" workshop). The share price had dropped steadily from $0.50 cents to $0.30 over a few months towards the end of last year. Before the steady decline of the share price, the company was quite well covered by some broking firms. One broking house had issued a report in Oct'09 (when the share price was around $0.48) recommending a BUY with a target price of $0.64 on the back of the company's "promising prospects" in the long term. This was despite the company's deteriorating financial performance over the last two years. According to the report, the company had net cash (i.e. zero gearing as its cash and cash equivalent was more than its borrowings) and a book value of $0.64 per share. My friend had bought when the share price was around $0.40. By Dec'09, the share price had fallen to around $0.30 after hitting a low of $0.27 in Dec'09. It was then that his broker asked him to buy more shares to average down. Many investors would think that if the shares was a BUY with a target price of $0.64 based on analyst recommendation, then it must be a steal at $0.30, as the upside was double the downside. Hence, my friend bought more of the shares in Dec'09 based on the advice of his broker. In early Jan 2010, shortly after my friend had bought more shares to average down, the share price plunged on heavy volume. It eventually turned out that the company was having some difficulty in repaying on certain bonds that it had issued. The company's shares had since been suspended.

I had gone to great lengths to recount the above incident to highlight the folly of "getting your fish" from the supposedly experts rather than to "learn to fish" yourself. I had thought that my friend, a multi-millionaire, was a savvy investor based on the success stories that he had shared with me for some of his investments. As a HNWI, he had several private bankers who are supposed to have given him good investment advice. Hence, I was quite surprised that he had lost $50K just from this episode, although the amount was nothing compared to his wealth.

The above incident shows that it takes more than money to make one rich. Even if one is rich, one needs to have the right mindset to stay rich. Otherwise, it would only be a matter of time before he or she parts company with his or her wealth.

Instead of relying upon free advice from your broker (whom some said is a person who makes you go broke) and analyst (whom some said is one who looks at things from the rear view to extrapolate the future) recommendations, had my client attended Dennis seminar, he would have avoided his investment loss. It bears to remember that the most EXPENSIVE advice is FREE.

Most of us tend to blame our losses on bad luck or analysts rather than ourselves. We then go on to repeat our mistakes in other stocks, continue to chalk up losses and wonder why we are not as successful as some of those around us. Losing money is not important, what is more important is to learn from one's losses so that one can avoid making the same mistakes. The best way to do that is not to be given the fish but to learn "how to fish" from Dennis who had succeeded and is willing to share and teach.

Which is a better investment - stocks or property?

Some attendees at the workshop asked "Is stocks or property a better investment? Is it too risky to invest in stocks and property now since the markets have gone up so much and are already so high? Should I wait for the markets to fall before registering for the seminars?"

To these people, I would strongly urge you to make the wisest decision for yourself to register for the seminars TODAY AND NOW. The best investment is NOT stocks or property or forex or options. It is to invest in yourself and be financially educated. Do not procastinate or delay further because you never know when the knowledge that you gain will become useful. Only then can you avoid becoming easy preys for conman who are ever ingenious in coming out with all types of scams to rob you off your hard-earned money, or be fooled by your brokers, analysts, financial planners, property agents, etc. who may have their own hidden agendas when they push to sell you the next BIG or HOT investment.

For those who have registered for the seminars, I would like to congratulate you for taking the first step in your financial learning journey as you embark on the Path to Financial Freedom.

Cheers!
WK69
alvin
Investing Mentor

Post by alvin »

Nice sharing by wk69!
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
lootster
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lootster »

Well said, have enroll for the coming seminar! Personally has lost a lot of money due to ignorance, thus now investing in "myself" first before making money. Thanks for sharing!
JIMMYKKL
Investing Mentor

Post by JIMMYKKL »

Like to "chi cha" a bit here:

I was with WallStraits few years back and noticed Dennis when he appeared but not teaching yet.

Never really get to know him as first thought to mind was these "gurus' must be old man retiring and wanted to earn old age money doing advising work.

After all, had already chalked up enough bad experiences with "GURU's" advise to become very sceptic about if one is so good why would he want to tell you how he made it? ( i always like to say Nobody owes u a living and certainly cannot imagine there is any person will pull u by your hand especially when money concern)

This March or so, i finally met him in person and sized him as quite sincere and really want to pass on. (had he appeared earlier or i met someone like him 20 years before, my life will be totally different today)

like he always said the teacher will appear when the time is right. and we learned from experience that in life many things cannot be "force wish" (translate from Mandarin)

guess better late than never, huh. of course i attended his seminar and can vouch that it is something i never saw before in the past.

so i urge newbies, dun be too stingy and "kay kiang" thinking u knows. it is not a big price to pay for the stuffs that Denny pack in for u. and there is after sales service some more....

wah, talk so much.. pai seh pai seh, no intention to spoil ur weekend.

wish everybodies a good & prosperous weekend.

CHEERS!
----------------------------------------------
just sharing, not advising
Stradlinz
Investing Mentor

Post by Stradlinz »

Nice sharing by JIMMY.. I also 1st noticed Dennis from Wallstraits.. Was lost quite a bit after he stopped sharing there. So was very happy when he finally decided to teach in seminars and I was one of the 1st batch of graduates.

I really hope those sceptics will now realise the VALUE of the seminars after so many testimonials of many graduates. Sometimes I wonder wheher the price is too "cheap" that make ppl sceptical.. as many useless courses outside are charging as high as $3-4k.. To those who have not attended, this is a very small price to make compared to the content of the seminars.. and all these knowledge can potentially saves u the heartache of losing ur hard-earned money when this last train in the stock markets crashed..
JIMMYKKL wrote:Like to "chi cha" a bit here:

I was with WallStraits few years back and noticed Dennis when he appeared but not teaching yet.

Never really get to know him as first thought to mind was these "gurus' must be old man retiring and wanted to earn old age money doing advising work.

After all, had already chalked up enough bad experiences with "GURU's" advise to become very sceptic about if one is so good why would he want to tell you how he made it? ( i always like to say Nobody owes u a living and certainly cannot imagine there is any person will pull u by your hand especially when money concern)

This March or so, i finally met him in person and sized him as quite sincere and really want to pass on. (had he appeared earlier or i met someone like him 20 years before, my life will be totally different today)

like he always said the teacher will appear when the time is right. and we learned from experience that in life many things cannot be "force wish" (translate from Mandarin)

guess better late than never, huh. of course i attended his seminar and can vouch that it is something i never saw before in the past.

so i urge newbies, dun be too stingy and "kay kiang" thinking u knows. it is not a big price to pay for the stuffs that Denny pack in for u. and there is after sales service some more....

wah, talk so much.. pai seh pai seh, no intention to spoil ur weekend.

wish everybodies a good & prosperous weekend.

CHEERS!
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Stradlinz wrote:Nice sharing by JIMMY.. I also 1st noticed Dennis from Wallstraits.. Was lost quite a bit after he stopped sharing there. So was very happy when he finally decided to teach in seminars and I was one of the 1st batch of graduates.

I really hope those sceptics will now realise the VALUE of the seminars after so many testimonials of many graduates. Sometimes I wonder wheher the price is too "cheap" that make ppl sceptical.. as many useless courses outside are charging as high as $3-4k.. To those who have not attended, this is a very small price to make compared to the content of the seminars.. and all these knowledge can potentially saves u the heartache of losing ur hard-earned money when this last train in the stock markets crashed..
Hi Stradlinz,
yes, you might be right, I think the low price of my seminars might be the Cause of the Skepticism.

At current prices, my seminars are about 1/3 of other seminars out there. From Jan 2011, to rectify "this problem" (some perceive that Cheap cannot be Good), we intend to increase the price.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Stradlinz
Investing Mentor

Post by Stradlinz »

Dennis Ng wrote:
Stradlinz wrote:Nice sharing by JIMMY.. I also 1st noticed Dennis from Wallstraits.. Was lost quite a bit after he stopped sharing there. So was very happy when he finally decided to teach in seminars and I was one of the 1st batch of graduates.

Hi Stradlinz,
yes, you might be right, I think the low price of my seminars might be the Cause of the Skepticism.

At current prices, my seminars are about 1/3 of other seminars out there. From Jan 2011, to rectify "this problem" (some perceive that Cheap cannot be Good), we intend to increase the price.
I remembered reading a book by Donald Trump. He was asked how he managed to sell all those unsold stock of high-end apartments in Manhattan at sky-high prices. He replied that it's very simple, by increasing further the already sky-high prices of his high-end apts.. At 1st I found it very funny, but that's how human phycology works.. Many equates high-end to high prices.. and low price to inferior product..
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

danielcheng wrote:
Asia’s growing wealth, particularly from China and India, is slowly making its way into Singapore. More Europeans, too, are parking their money here.

For a glimpse of a Singapore in, say, another 10 or 15 years just take a picture of Monaco or Zurich and superimpose it on this island.

What will emerge is a city of wealth – transient and abiding, a land of personal banking, celebrity-chef dinners, where Bentleys, Lamborghinis and Ferraris ply the street and branded goods will become daily items.

An example of the foreign presence can be gauged at Sentosa Cove, one of Singapore’s most posh and expensive waterfront projects.

More than 3,000 people now live there. They have come from 22 countries, the top five nationalities being Singaporeans (who make up 40%), Australians, Britons, Germans and Chinese.
For the upper class, the story is clear. Last year the number of millionaires jumped by 26%.

Currently, 11.8% of Singaporean households have at least US$1 mil in investible assets (excluding property) each.

Recently a growing number of foreigners have turned to buying landed properties.

Under the law foreigners, including PRs, cannot buy any property on land or any apartment with fewer than five storeys – except with special approval.

Under its strategy of attracting the wealthy and talented to settle here, the government appears to be loosening the screw.

In the first half of this year, 150 such sales were allowed, most in the prime, rich areas.

Local critics are protesting against such sale of precious landed properties. “It is like selling the country’s Crown Jewels to outsiders,” one blogger wrote.

The influx of foreign wealth is not welcomed by all Singaporeans. Some see their cake becoming smaller and more expensive.

Many of working class citizens living in the heartland do not see much benefit from having so many rich people around – but they feel the pain of rising costs.

A polytechnic student asked: “And what happens to us when they suddenly take their money and go home?”

Now even the newspaper and analyts are finally realising what I said 6 months ago.

Our seminar graduates would know that I'm probably the first person in Singapore saying that a 2-tier property market will develop in Singapore over the next 5 to 10 years in this posting I made on 1 April 2010:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... php?t=1233

I also mentioned in my seminars:
1. in 5 to 10 years' time, Singapore will become Heaven for the Rich, Hell for the Poor, and Sandwiched and Squeezed for the Middleclass.

2. Middleclass and the poor will feel the pain of Rising Cost of Living, what Singaporeans "did to Johor" as our buying power drive up prices in Johor Bahru. Now Rich Foreigners' with the BIG Buying Power are driving up prices, especially High End Properties.

3. Singapore is a Great place to Live, provided you have Money. And I think the minimum required is at least One Million Dollars, to have a decent lifestyle in Singapore.

4. Singapore government realised that most people do NOT have enough money to retire even at age 62, recently hinted might need to up retirement age to 68. Is this the solution? What if in future they realised even age 68 is NOT enough, then what? Extend retirement age to 72? Where will it end?

How come I could reach Financial Freedom at age 39 yet most people cannot even have enough money to retire at age 62? What do I have that most people LACK?

What I have is Financial Knowledge and Investment Knowledge, I know how to make my money Grow and Work for me. I became a Millionaire by growing my money through investing, not through Inheritance or a High Income (I only had an average income of S$6,000 from 1993 to year 2008, or earned total income of S$1.08 million) but managed to reach S$1 million at end of year 2008.

Now in less than 2 years, I have reached S$2 million.

Don't hesitate any more. The good news is if you want to become Financially FREE and join the Millionaire Club, NOW there is finally someone willing to share with you and teach you HOW to Get There.

Of course, another choice is NOT to learn from me, go through your own Trial and Error. Which is a better choice? Which is a Smarter Choice?

I think the answer is clear.

How I wish that when I started my financial education journey in 1998, there was someone like me then, who could teach me everything I need to learn to become a Millionaire through saving and growing my money.

All the details of my seminars are stated here:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

Who do you think will gain the most if you attend my seminars? Me or you? Whether you attend my seminars or not is just less than S$2,000 difference to me, who already have S$2 million.

However, if you attend and truly learn How to Grow and Make Your Money Work For You, this can well be the Turning Point in your life, as many of our seminar graduates have found out, through their own experience.

Make the Right Choice, you owe it to yourself and your family to have better financial future.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

For those who are still undecided on whether it is worthwhile to attend my seminars, here're some comments from Seminar Graduates for your easy reference:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=48

And if you have decided there is NO point to continue waiting and procrastinating, and you are ready to take action, to take the next step towards your Financial Freedom, here are the seminars' details:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

Sharing with you these Words of Wisdom I read somewhere:"If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance."

12 years ago when I was ignorant, when I knew nothing about investing, in 1998's Asian Financial Crisis, I lost half of all my wealth.

As I increased my Financial Knowledge, learning from my "sifus" (who are all Multi-Millionaires in Singapore), I increased my Wealth, from having S$55,000 in 1998, to reaching over S$2 million now.

Or you can just read my book as a "baby step" forward:

If you want to Learn how to Make Your Money Work for You in Singapore, here's the book written in Singapore context (with Both Chinese and English Content) in a single book, "Mastering Your Personal Finance", and you can get it at a Special 20% Discount, and at the same time, donate S$6 per book bought to Charity "Make A Wish Foundation, Singapore":

http://www.AsiaSeminarWorkshop.com/101-7.html

Note: http://www.makeawish.org.sg for details of the organisation.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

djwongdj
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by djwongdj »

True...Benjamin Franklin said those words
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

One of my seminar graduates went from being retrenched and feeling hopeless to now (1 year and 4 months later), she can Choose NOT to work, becos her investments are generating her enough Cashflow every month that working becomes an Option.

When she shared this testimonial in a workshop yesterday I almost teared as this is exactly what I hope to achieve through my seminars, helping people becoming Financially Free.
Cheers!

AndrewNg
Gold Forum Contributor

Is additional notes available for early graduates ?

Post by AndrewNg »

Hi Dennis

i would also like to thank you for the seminar in teaching us how to create a safety net before plunging into investment. This alone is worth more than the price i paid for the seminar.

If you happen to add new knowledge in your subsequent seminar, will it be ok to share any additional notes or knowledge through private forums like this to early batches of graduates that attend your seminar ?

regards
Andrew
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

ein55 wrote:Hi James,

No doubt investing is to earn money but I feel the process of learning is equally satisfying, esp when it becomes a personal interest. This forum is not just sharing money-making opportunity, but to share the thinking process. One will gain tremendous satisfaction if earlier judgement is finally proven by the results.
Very well said.

Truly, over time, I realised that it's the Thinking process that I go through in investing that makes it interesting; that the Process is more important than the Outcome for me; as it is OK for us as investors to make mistakes in investing, if the process of making mistakes help to make us better and more experienced investors.

I've not contacted the "sifu" that taught me Invisible Hands for more than 2 years. The good news is that once you learned how to fish, you don't have to rely on the sifu again in your future "fishing trips".

Sometimes I wonder some of these sifus I met (multi-millionaires whom I got to know and get to learn how to invest into Stocks and Property), whether the Main Reason they appeared in my life is so that they can teach me what I need to learn; and then "fade out from my life".

And why did I have the good fortune to meet all these sifus? Is it becos 10 years ago I wrote down that "I want to learn how to master my finances and reach financial freedom; and when I reached financial freedom, I will start teaching others how to master their finances and reach financial freedom."

Is that why the Universe then sent me all these "sifus"? I think it could be.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Just received this testimonial from a seminar graduate who just attended the seminar on 2 and 3 Apr 2011. It's such words of encouragement that give me the "fuel" to continue to teach and share every single day in this forum and in workshops and seminars. Thank you Sua Keong.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

"Secrets to Making Money in Stocks" is the best financial training I have attended.
You have indeed packed alot of pivotal strategies in 2 full days. Respect and Appreciate! "

I would like to contribute a testimonial that you can quote:

" I highly recommend MasterYourFinance workshop for anyone who wants to maximize his/her investment wisely. I have discovered my blindspots in investments and learnt numerous techniques in choosing high yield stocks considering the critical financial, trend and technical analyses. Dennis has delivered many fold over my investment in the course, both time and money. He walked his talk through his authentic and passionate sharing, including what he has been learning from his past experiences, his masters and his proven analyses. Thanks Dennis!

- Ng Sua Keong
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

What are the Warning Signals that can be analysed from a company's Financial Statements?

If you attend my seminar to learn, you would have Avoided losing money in China Hongxing sports, Hongwei Technologies and China Gaoxian, 3 companies that went into trouble and suspended trading recently...

Increasing investment knowledge really can help you Grow Richer and Avoid Losing Money.
Cheers!