Get Dennis' New Book "Why Money Always Not Enough?"

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Get Dennis' New Book "Why Money Always Not Enough?"

Post by Dennis Ng »

My 2nd book entitled "Why Money Always Not Enough" <为什么钱总是不够用?> will be officially launched at Popular Book Fest 13 Dec 2010.

This book's content is 100% in Chinese.

Now you can Order this book, usual price S$23.90 at a Special 25% Discount at S$17.90 at our website link: http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

The physical book will be mailed to you (NO mailing charges) within 14 days after payment for book. 这本书在书局的售价是 S$23.90。在此你可以以特价S$17.90 购得,包括免费邮寄到
任何新加坡的地址。外国地址不包括。

为何会大多数人会觉得钱不够用呢? 根据理财专家吴加万的观察,这是因为大多数人不善于理财,对理财与生财有一些错误的观念。

要致富,你必须学会富人的思维。除了思维,你也必须学习实用的理财与生财的窍门。

2008 年的一场全球金融海啸终于过去了。但是,2011年中国与美国的“货币争执”可能升温,甚至有可能引爆货币“战争”。其实作者更担心的是美国经济可能再次疲弱。当众人意识到美国经济在“二度注资”后,还无法强劲复苏,到时可能因“信心下跌”而引起继2008年后的第二次全球金融风暴。身为小投资者,我们无法控制或避免任何金融风暴的发生,但我们可以未雨绸缪。

当大部分人因金融风暴而惊慌失措时, 你却因为已做好准备,而能够将危机变成转机,不但能保住你的资金,而且能够进一步增加你的财富。

继“如何做个理财掌门人”一书后,新加坡知名理财专家吴加万再次出击,以深入浅出,浅白易懂的文笔,继续与你分享“理财与生财”的多年心得,敬请万勿错过!
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Why is Money Always Not Enough? How to go from struggling to make ends meet to reaching Financial Freedom?

Find out the answer in this talk (in Mandarin) by me at Book Fest 7 pm to 8 pm today at Suntec City Convention Hall 601 to 603.

At 8 pm, this book (my 2nd book and this book is 100% in Chinese) will be officially launched! Admission is FREE!
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
richin
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by richin »

Hi Dennis,

Congrats on the launch of your new book!
Yesterday, I was at the book fair looking for your book. But their staff couldn't find your 2nd book on their database.

cheers.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

richin wrote:Hi Dennis,

Congrats on the launch of your new book!
Yesterday, I was at the book fair looking for your book. But their staff couldn't find your 2nd book on their database.

cheers.
they are only displaying the book after my Talk today. Becos my book is only officially launched at 8 pm today. I was there at the book fair yesterday as well.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

you can add me as a friend in facebook, to read my updates and comments in facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DennisNgKW
Cheers!

jeffreychua
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by jeffreychua »

Dennis,

Will there be an English version of the book?

Regards.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

jeffreychua wrote:Dennis,

Will there be an English version of the book?

Regards.
Hi Jeffrey,
yes, I'll be coming out a 100% English Version of the book probably in Feb 2011.

However, with China rising, I think it is a good idea for people to brush up their Chinese, and one way is to Read Chinese books.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

People ask me why I wrote a Personal Finance book in Chinese?

The main reason is there is a lack of content and books on Personal Finance written in Chinese, especially one written in Singapore context, so I wrote it to benefit those who mainly read Chinese only.

Another reason is it is Obvious to me that China will rise to be a Great Nation. As Singaporeans, our KEY advantage is we are "bilingual", we know both English and Chinese. So writing the book in Chinese forces me to practise my Chinese, as our language skills will be lost if we don't use it.

Many people in Singapore cannot even read Chinese books. I really urge you to try to learn to Read. It's the least you can do, since I even write in Chinese.

Daily Bell: Explain why you are so attracted to China?

Jim Rogers: It is not that I am attracted to China. It is that I see what is happening in China. I see the enormous changes that are taking place in China. I hope I would have thought that I would have seen the same sort of promise in Britain in 1807 – and seen that the UK was going to emerge on the world scene in a big way. I would hope I'd have detected the same promise in 1907 as regards America. Few people saw anything in the UK in 1807. Few people saw anything happening in America in 1907. The country was bankrupt in 1907, totally corrupt – Wall Street, Washington, everywhere. Yet, in fact, America was on the verge of becoming the greatest success of the 20th century.

Again, things change. If you study history you can see that. China has had recurring periods of greatness three or four times in the last few thousand years. Britain was great once, Egypt was great once, and Rome was great once. China has been great three or four times. It's a resilient country, and we can see that now. For 300 years China was in decline. In fact, a few hundred years ago, China's Emperor destroyed all the big sailing ships. They had vessels that had been to America, to Africa. They were sailing around the world long before Columbus. And yet the Emperor decided the China was not going to travel across seas anymore. He destroyed all the ships, destroyed all the maps, destroyed the records, destroyed everything. China, as could be expected, went into decline.

The 20th Century was a disaster for China. Mao Zedong may have been a great guerilla warrior but he ruined the place. It was in total collapse until Deng Xiaoping came along and started reversing what amounted to hundreds of years of decline.
Cheers!

ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Hi Dennis,

Just finish reading your new book during my last CNY trip (3-4 hours). You discussed about term insurance vs life insurance which I agreed. For terms insurance (eg. $500k with decreasing term rider), I recalled you quoted around $800/year. May I know which insurance company you have compared so far, any recommendation? I have compared GE, AIA and Income .... Income has the lowest premium with similar terms, also around $800/year for 20 years terms, depending on age & gender.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

ein55 wrote:Hi Dennis,

Just finish reading your new book during my last CNY trip (3-4 hours). You discussed about term insurance vs life insurance which I agreed. For terms insurance (eg. $500k with decreasing term rider), I recalled you quoted around $800/year. May I know which insurance company you have compared so far, any recommendation? I have compared GE, AIA and Income .... Income has the lowest premium with similar terms, also around $800/year for 20 years terms, depending on age & gender.
Hi ein55,
premiums depends on age and gender.

If you want to compare, simple way is to get an independent Financial Planner who can help you compare insurance plans from about 9 to 10 insurers, excluding AIA, Prudential and Great Eastern though (not distributed through independent Financial Planners).

If anyone needs an Independent Financial Planner to review your insurance/investment portfolio, just email to me at dennis@maseryourfinance.com providing your name, mobile number and I'll ask one of my friends to assist you on a no-obligation basis.

Personally, I no longer help people plan/manage their finances, I have decided to Teach people HOW to plan and manage and grow their money instead through books, seminars and this Discussion Forum.
Cheers!

ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Hi Dennis,

It may be a good idea to engage an independent financial planner, esp to help to get a quotation from various insurance company for the same terms (age, gender, duration, etc). Is there any fee involved?

So far I prefer to gather the info unofficially (through website or email to new insurance agents whom I don't know) because current agents are friends/relatives for many years, very difficult to decline them once you show interest to purchase a plan (sometimes we buy a plan is to "help" them, rather to help ourselves by getting the lowest premium). The easiest and most polite way to decline them if they want to promote any new insurance plan may be "I don't have enough money". There is no problem for me to make a decision but info gathering is a bit tedious now, esp to handle various insurance agents.

To be frank, I receive calls from various banks almost once a week (taking turn), before they start to talk, usually I will say "if it is insurance related, I am not interested". However, they will still keep on talking and I will end the conversation quickly. Their trick is not to share the info in written form, only share verbally, telling you the fee per day is only XX cents (not per year), trying to confuse you to make quick decision. I have very negative impression on this phone promotion method.

After reviewing the life insurance policy, it is quite clear that this kind of insurance + saving plan is another life-long trick, paying from day1 till last day of life. They usually have 12-15 years of breakeven points, the projected profit or "non-guranteed bonus" is usually inaccurate. %return is very low. It is better to buy term insurance for pure insurance protection over a limited period (while we have economical value) and seperate investment to grow the saving, but not to combine them under life saving or investment-linked insurance plan.

Many years ago I was puzzled why "insurance agent" calling themselves "financial planner", but now I can understand better. If they just sell pure insurance plan, the market is limited, but if they also sell investment products (hiding under insurance plans), the potential is unlimited.
jeffreychua
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by jeffreychua »

I also felt Dennis's number ($800/year) is on the low side. Probably the coverage is lesser and the age is much younger.

I went to buy the term insurance after attending Dennis seminar. It costs me around $1600 for $750k coverage based on my age for the next 28 years. This is probably the cheapest in the market for individual unless you qualify for special package such as the active NS man etc.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

jeffreychua wrote:

I also felt Dennis's number ($800/year) is on the low side. Probably the coverage is lesser and the age is much younger.

I went to buy the term insurance after attending Dennis seminar. It costs me around $1600 for $750k coverage based on my age for the next 28 years. This is probably the cheapest in the market for individual unless you qualify for special package such as the active NS man etc.
my numbers were based on Male Age Next Birthday 30, for Reducing Term Insurance, not level Term Insurance.

:D
Cheers!

Albert
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by Albert »

Hi Dennis, which company provide decreasing term insurance?

For what I know, the decreasing term insurance is not sold as an individual product but as a add-on to the life policy.
ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Income has this decreasing term rider. Just go to website, contact any agent listed, asking for a quotation over email. $800/year is about right for 35-40 yo with 20 years decreasing term, $500k sum assured initially, non-smoker, male.

If anyone knows cheaper term insurance by any company, can share here, comparing based on similar condition.