Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the recognition. But I still feel I am very new and raw since I graduated only in Apr 2011.

I will continue to learn and hope can contribute more and share with what I know. :)
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

zipink wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the recognition. But I still feel I am very new and raw since I graduated only in Apr 2011.

I will continue to learn and hope can contribute more and share with what I know. :)
Hi zipink,
no worries, based on your postings, I think you have grasped many of the concepts shared in the seminar very well.

Of course, it does NOT mean that an investing mentor cannot ask questions, so do NOT be burdened by the title, I just want to acknowledge those who I think can help mentor other seminar graduates in one way or another.

As the next initiative I intend to start is to have regular (monthly) Mentoring Sessions where each session will be led by an Investing Mentor (on a Voluntary duty roster basis).

To make the creation of the S$100 million Charitable Foundation a reality in 5 years' time, all of us need to strive and work hard for the next 5 years, first in improving our financial lives, so that we can then each donate at least S$10,000 to help create this Charitable Foundation.

We also need to educate and warn as many people as possible on the up-coming Global Financial Crisis, time is running out...
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Congratulations to the 5 new mentors. Your expertise and selfless sharing are recognized.

Hi Dennis,

I am supportive of your monthly "Meet the Mentor" session (sounds like "Meet the MP" or "Meet the Parents/Teacher" session). This is also what I have in mind in the past, forumers need to meet more often for instant 2-way knowledge sharing (ask questions and also answer some questions), for networking (making new friends), as well as encouragement to one another to achive financial freedom.

Each mentor could chair a monthly session, but usually their expertise or interest may be on a few areas but forumers may like to discuss all types of topics. There are 3 possible ways of running the monthly get-together session:

1) Fixed a main topic (depending on mentor who chair the session) of investment, give announcement in advance, eg. stock, property, etc. This way, only forumers who are interested need to consider. The mentor may give a personal sharing on this topic, then following by a discussion forum with the attendees. It is possible for the topic to be extended into other areas, depending on the interest of attendees.

2) No fixed topic, anything under the sun of investment. Mentor's role will be mainly to facilitate the discussion, esp for new topics beyond his knowledge. So, it will be great if we can have seniors in each investment area to join and share.

3) Mix of 1 & 2. Begin with a topic but discussions later may be off topic, depending on the interactions and interest of forumers.

Personally I am in favor of mode 3. I may spend some time to prepare a few topics (some materials may already have been shared in the forum, but not yet summarized systematically) for future sessions, could be
- theory/lecture style (TA/FA, esp those learned from past seminars),
- hands-on style (each bring a laptop, analyze some common stocks together using chartnexus or shareinvestor.com - discuss the reasons),
- interactive style (using whiteboard, write down points of discussions, free flow of thoughts), reviewing/discussing each strategy learned (including Dennis and others), talking about the current economy/political situations, etc.

Eventually, these materials may evolve into a more structured course, depending on the needs and inputs of forumers. Perhaps one condition should be applied for forumers who attend the monthly session ... no silent participant, each one must be prepared to ask, answer or discuss during the session.

There are areas relatively new to me too, eg. property, forex, wine, landbanking, only learned from past seminars, hope there are mentors or seniors who can share their personal experience in these areas. Forumers who attend the monthly session may also register a few more specific interest groups, sharing contacts with one another, anyone from the group may organize some personal group activities in future, eg. viewing new property together, attending a seminar together, etc.

I will attend your property seminar on this coming Sat (registered 9 months ago), we can chat further then. My wife and son will attend your Sep 3 seminar (school holidays, only time they are free), I believe they will benefit from your sharing.

Forumers .... keep the passion burning!
kklok
Investing Mentor

Post by kklok »

I will be looking forward for the "Meet the Mentor" session if there is any ;-). It will be really useful for such session.
roychen
Senior Forum Member

Post by roychen »

I'm very interested in participating in such sessions as well.
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Hi All,

This mentoring session (Meet the Mentor) starting to sparks interest...

Just to try to add value, beside sharing the investment knowledge, perhaps the session topic can be mixed in between with personal development sharing.

In the past one year working more closely with Dennis as Wealth Educator, we do not just learn about investment knowledge... we learn from him many other things including personal development...
All of the graduates should know the CBA, Conceive, Believe and Achieve...
"The more you share, the more you receive", etc.etc. ...

I got to know one of the best book "Master Plan to Success" by Napoleon Hill, also from him.
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
patng8
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by patng8 »

Hi All

I am so looking forward to the Meet the mentor session.

ein55 wrote:Congratulations to the 5 new mentors. Your expertise and selfless sharing are recognized.

Hi Dennis,

I am supportive of your monthly "Meet the Mentor" session (sounds like "Meet the MP" or "Meet the Parents/Teacher" session). This is also what I have in mind in the past, forumers need to meet more often for instant 2-way knowledge sharing (ask questions and also answer some questions), for networking (making new friends), as well as encouragement to one another to achive financial freedom.

Each mentor could chair a monthly session, but usually their expertise or interest may be on a few areas but forumers may like to discuss all types of topics. There are 3 possible ways of running the monthly get-together session:

1) Fixed a main topic (depending on mentor who chair the session) of investment, give announcement in advance, eg. stock, property, etc. This way, only forumers who are interested need to consider. The mentor may give a personal sharing on this topic, then following by a discussion forum with the attendees. It is possible for the topic to be extended into other areas, depending on the interest of attendees.

2) No fixed topic, anything under the sun of investment. Mentor's role will be mainly to facilitate the discussion, esp for new topics beyond his knowledge. So, it will be great if we can have seniors in each investment area to join and share.

3) Mix of 1 & 2. Begin with a topic but discussions later may be off topic, depending on the interactions and interest of forumers.

Personally I am in favor of mode 3. I may spend some time to prepare a few topics (some materials may already have been shared in the forum, but not yet summarized systematically) for future sessions, could be
- theory/lecture style (TA/FA, esp those learned from past seminars),
- hands-on style (each bring a laptop, analyze some common stocks together using chartnexus or shareinvestor.com - discuss the reasons),
- interactive style (using whiteboard, write down points of discussions, free flow of thoughts), reviewing/discussing each strategy learned (including Dennis and others), talking about the current economy/political situations, etc.

Eventually, these materials may evolve into a more structured course, depending on the needs and inputs of forumers. Perhaps one condition should be applied for forumers who attend the monthly session ... no silent participant, each one must be prepared to ask, answer or discuss during the session.

There are areas relatively new to me too, eg. property, forex, wine, landbanking, only learned from past seminars, hope there are mentors or seniors who can share their personal experience in these areas. Forumers who attend the monthly session may also register a few more specific interest groups, sharing contacts with one another, anyone from the group may organize some personal group activities in future, eg. viewing new property together, attending a seminar together, etc.

I will attend your property seminar on this coming Sat (registered 9 months ago), we can chat further then. My wife and son will attend your Sep 3 seminar (school holidays, only time they are free), I believe they will benefit from your sharing.

Forumers .... keep the passion burning!
zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

Yeah, I think meet-the-mentor (MTM) will be good.

We can learn from each other, network, make new friends and form a support group. 4 in 1. :)
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Based on their recent postings, I have decided to promote Daniel_cheng, Longdeyan and TieGe to be Investing Mentors.

Basically, Investing Mentors are people I think who have through their postings show that they have some useful knowledge/experience to share.

Each of the Investing Mentors might have a different "edge" (or expertise) that fellow seminar graduates can benefit.

For instance, daniel_cheng is a very experienced Business Owner and can share with seminar graduates many useful/practical experience starting and running a business.

Longdeyan's experience is mainly in Stock Trading, she still needs to learn much on Stock Investing though.

TieGe posted in many different discussion threads, but can see that he has alot of valuable life experience to share.

Please give them a big round of applause. I hope they can visit the forum more often and share their views/comments, so that all seminar graduates can benefit.

The 3 of them will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

To claim their prizes, they just need to email to me at dennis@MasterYourFinance.com with email title "Active Forumer Prize Award" and provide their name, mobile number and address (for us to mail the books to them).

So give and you shall truly receive.

To all the other seminar graduates, what are you waiting for? Start contributing more.

Note: Please note that even if you have won the Active Forum Contribution award before, it is possible that you win again, as the name implies, it is based on Active Contribution. So if you continue to contribute actively, you can win the Award again and again.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Hi Daniel_cheng, Longdeyan and TieGe,

Congratulation ! Thank you so much to all your selfless sharing in this forum.

James Tai
ngtfook
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by ngtfook »

Hello
Daniel_cheng, Longdeyan and TieGe
Congradulation
!

Dennis Ng wrote:Based on their recent postings, I have decided to promote Daniel_cheng, Longdeyan and TieGe to be Investing Mentors.

Basically, Investing Mentors are people I think who have through their postings show that they have some useful knowledge/experience to share.

Each of the Investing Mentors might have a different "edge" (or expertise) that fellow seminar graduates can benefit.

For instance, daniel_cheng is a very experienced Business Owner and can share with seminar graduates many useful/practical experience starting and running a business.

Longdeyan's experience is mainly in Stock Trading, she still needs to learn much on Stock Investing though.

TieGe posted in many different discussion threads, but can see that he has alot of valuable life experience to share.

Please give them a big round of applause. I hope they can visit the forum more often and share their views/comments, so that all seminar graduates can benefit.

The 3 of them will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

To claim their prizes, they just need to email to me at dennis@MasterYourFinance.com with email title "Active Forumer Prize Award" and provide their name, mobile number and address (for us to mail the books to them).

So give and you shall truly receive.

To all the other seminar graduates, what are you waiting for? Start contributing more.

Note: Please note that even if you have won the Active Forum Contribution award before, it is possible that you win again, as the name implies, it is based on Active Contribution. So if you continue to contribute actively, you can win the Award again and again.
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg
TieGe
Investing Mentor

Post by TieGe »

Thank you all!

I came into this forum to learn and also this forum provides me an opportunity to share my experience and view.

Without Dennis and all of you, this forum will not have the value its present today.

Dennis, shared about CBA and it really works. I cannot explain it but I am now sharing this CBA concept to others more.

The A - representing action - is very important and hence this is not day dreaming. FYI My son is also learning CBA.

Tie Ge
danielcheng
Investing Mentor

Post by danielcheng »

Hi Dennis & All,

Thanks. Actually felt i've learnt more from this forum than i've contributed. So i am humbled.

Congrats to Tie Ge & Longdeyan too!

Regards
Daniel
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

danielcheng wrote:Hi Dennis & All,

Thanks. Actually felt i've learnt more from this forum than i've contributed. So i am humbled.

Congrats to Tie Ge & Longdeyan too!

Regards
Daniel
Hi daniel,

the more we learn, the more we share, the more we share, the more we learn...it is a continuous Virtuous Cycle.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

TieGe wrote:Thank you all!

I came into this forum to learn and also this forum provides me an opportunity to share my experience and view.

Without Dennis and all of you, this forum will not have the value its present today.

Dennis, shared about CBA and it really works. I cannot explain it but I am now sharing this CBA concept to others more.

The A - representing action - is very important and hence this is not day dreaming. FYI My son is also learning CBA.

Tie Ge
yes, CBA really works. Share it with more people.

the more we learn, the more we share, the more we share, the more we learn...it is a continuous Virtuous Cycle.
Cheers!