Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

Great work guys: Danielcheng, Longdeyan and TieGe...

All of you have different expertise and everyone learn from each other!
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
nishkam
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by nishkam »

Congratulation to all three winners. Looking forward for similar inputs.
valen248
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by valen248 »

Congrats to you, Danielcheng, Longdeyan and TieGe, and thank you for the sharing!

Cheers,
valen248
Ms Tan
Investing Mentor

Post by Ms Tan »

Congrautalations to Daniel, Longdeyan and TieGe!

I'm very new in this Forum but my hubby & I have benefited so much in these 2 - 3 months from Dennis' Seminars and Forum. We are committed to participate in the mentoring sessions as well as the formation of the Charitable Foundation.

While we are not up to mark to share on stock investment, we do have property investment knowledge to share as a member or mentor.

We have become Property Agent cum Investor couple of years back ... don't worry, there are professional, ethnical and non-pushy agents and we are definitely one of those. There won't be any sales pitch as we only want to share our own experience and knowledge as an Invetor.

We have entered two positions and exited one position before the first announcement on Seller Stamp Duty (SSD) on 20-Feb-2010, and didn't proceed with the third investment with loan-to-value limit 60% and 4 years SSD announced on 14-Jan-2011. We started as an average working people and have $2.2M net worth now with CBA plan to achieve $7M by 2016.

Looking forward to our first mentoring session!
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Ms Tan wrote:Congrautalations to Daniel, Longdeyan and TieGe!

I'm very new in this Forum but my hubby & I have benefited so much in these 2 - 3 months from Dennis' Seminars and Forum. We are committed to participate in the mentoring sessions as well as the formation of the Charitable Foundation.

While we are not up to mark to share on stock investment, we do have property investment knowledge to share as a member or mentor.

We have become Property Agent cum Investor couple of years back ... don't worry, there are professional, ethnical and non-pushy agents and we are definitely one of those. There won't be any sales pitch as we only want to share our own experience and knowledge as an Invetor.

We have entered two positions and exited one position before the first announcement on Seller Stamp Duty (SSD) on 20-Feb-2010, and didn't proceed with the third investment with loan-to-value limit 60% and 4 years SSD announced on 14-Jan-2011. We started as an average working people and have $2.2M net worth now with CBA plan to achieve $7M by 2016.

Hi MsTan,
looking forward to more of your postings and sharing on this forum.

Feel free to share with us your knowledge/experience in property investing or any other areas.

Give and you shall receive.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
JIMMYKKL
Investing Mentor

Post by JIMMYKKL »

Ms Tan wrote:

congrats ms tan,
i m sure u hv plenty to share n look forward to tat.
will be interesting to know how u proact before regulator's intervention.
cheers
----------------------------------------------
just sharing, not advising
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Ms Tan wrote:We started as an average working people and have $2.2M net worth now with CBA plan to achieve $7M by 2016.

Hi Ms Tan,

I salute your declaration in this forum!
Yes CBA! I also believe you will reach that, it's just a matter of time!

In the next 5 to 10 years, I love to see many millionaires coming out from this forum!
And, they are Millionaires WITH HEART, like yourself!

And as a community, we will make a lot of difference in other people's lives.
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by stanlee »

JIMMYKKL wrote:Ms Tan wrote:

congrats ms tan,
i m sure u hv plenty to share n look forward to tat.
will be interesting to know how u proact before regulator's intervention.
cheers
Hi Ms Tan,

also interested to hear your story from an average working people to become a millionaire, and any advise will be appreciated. thanks in advance :)
Ms Tan
Investing Mentor

Post by Ms Tan »

Thank you all for your welcome notes, this is very encouraging!

I was brought up in a very poor family, my parents divorced at my tender age and they both love to gamble. I was asked to move out from my 1-room rental flat in Queensway when it has to be demolished. I ended up buying my 1st HDB with my miserable $600 income about 20 years ago together with my mum who has zero savings.

When I got married in my late-twenties, I was not able to buy our love nest with my hubby as I still need to serve MOP (Minimum Occupation Period). So, we bought private property using his name only, with maximum mortgage and every dollar we have in the bank. It was very stressful then but it turned out to be the best situational investments we have made.

After about 3 years, both properties price have gone up 2 – 3 times, we have benefited from the market cycle bloom in 1990s unknowingly. With no property investment knowledge, we made our first mistake to think that property price will continue to go up. We sold both houses and moved to a landed house and even pamper ourselves by driving Mercedes in 1996 – 1997! We made the mistake of enjoying the fruits too early. Thereafter, our house price dropped about 25% over the next few years and nobody was talking about investing in properties until IR news was out.

We were stuck with the landed house til 2007 - 2008 (the next cycle bloom) since we have entered near the prior peak. The good thing is our mistake didn’t cause disaster as we had a lovely 12 years stay in a beautiful house. I had the “wakeup” call in 2007 that we should not be the slaves to our house anymore. I surprised my hubby by insisting that we moved to HDB and started our early retirement planning journey in our early forties. I have a hard time convincing my daughter to move out as she loves her neighbour. We strike a deal by moving to mansionette in the same neighbourhood, near MRT, near park. My son said I should have bought HDB 12 years ago!

We are now living in a HDB with mortgage, and use the free up cash & CPF to buy a condo in Paya Lebar (near Business Hub & MRT) with no loan – if I’ve met Dennis earlier, I would have taken good debt approach.

The Condo in Paya Lebar was sold last year with about 30% upsides in 3 years. Our savings & money gain from property gain is then roll into an Under Construction Property in Novena (near Healthcare Hub & MRT) and an old property in Holland/Tanglin (near CC Line) with enbloc potential. I also have a stake in Andy Ong’s Office-turn-Hotel Investment to take my first step into commercial investment.

I do not know when Government will intervent with new rules but I know they were making it tougher and limit property investment to the rich so we invest whenever opportunities come and we make superb quick decision with wide eye opens in our negotiation. We look for location that is easy to rent, eg. near Education, Healthcare hub, MRT, amenities. With that said, we also put aside 1 year rental income in the contigency fund.

Again, I wish I have attended Dennis’ Seminar earlier and know about market cycle. It is so true that this strategy works. I do plan to sell my property in Novena to build my opportunity cash position so I can buy good stock or property in the next bottom cycle.

I’m probably in the wrong thread for story telling, pls pardon me. I have responded to a property question in PROPERTY MARKET thread under CFP. Yours Sincerely.
stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by stanlee »

Hi Ms Tan,

thanks so much for sharing your real life experience with us. look forward for more of your sharing in the forum :)
JIMMYKKL
Investing Mentor

Post by JIMMYKKL »

Thank you all for your welcome notes, this is very encouraging!
U DESERVE IT.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

I SALUTE U.
----------------------------------------------
just sharing, not advising
danielcheng
Investing Mentor

Post by danielcheng »

Hi Ms Tan,

Thanks for your sharing. I came from a poor family so can empathize with what you've mentioned in your early years.

Somehow life & all things come full circle and will trancend in the Universe. Just that at different stage of our lives, our priorities & perspectives may differ.

Good to know that you are on the way to achieve your new goals & targets in life.

Regards
Daniel

Ms Tan wrote:Thank you all for your welcome notes, this is very encouraging!

I was brought up in a very poor family, my parents divorced at my tender age and they both love to gamble. I was asked to move out from my 1-room rental flat in Queensway when it has to be demolished. I ended up buying my 1st HDB with my miserable $600 income about 20 years ago together with my mum who has zero savings.

When I got married in my late-twenties, I was not able to buy our love nest with my hubby as I still need to serve MOP (Minimum Occupation Period). So, we bought private property using his name only, with maximum mortgage and every dollar we have in the bank. It was very stressful then but it turned out to be the best situational investments we have made.

After about 3 years, both properties price have gone up 2 – 3 times, we have benefited from the market cycle bloom in 1990s unknowingly. With no property investment knowledge, we made our first mistake to think that property price will continue to go up. We sold both houses and moved to a landed house and even pamper ourselves by driving Mercedes in 1996 – 1997! We made the mistake of enjoying the fruits too early. Thereafter, our house price dropped about 25% over the next few years and nobody was talking about investing in properties until IR news was out.

We were stuck with the landed house til 2007 - 2008 (the next cycle bloom) since we have entered near the prior peak. The good thing is our mistake didn’t cause disaster as we had a lovely 12 years stay in a beautiful house. I had the “wakeup” call in 2007 that we should not be the slaves to our house anymore. I surprised my hubby by insisting that we moved to HDB and started our early retirement planning journey in our early forties. I have a hard time convincing my daughter to move out as she loves her neighbour. We strike a deal by moving to mansionette in the same neighbourhood, near MRT, near park. My son said I should have bought HDB 12 years ago!

We are now living in a HDB with mortgage, and use the free up cash & CPF to buy a condo in Paya Lebar (near Business Hub & MRT) with no loan – if I’ve met Dennis earlier, I would have taken good debt approach.

The Condo in Paya Lebar was sold last year with about 30% upsides in 3 years. Our savings & money gain from property gain is then roll into an Under Construction Property in Novena (near Healthcare Hub & MRT) and an old property in Holland/Tanglin (near CC Line) with enbloc potential. I also have a stake in Andy Ong’s Office-turn-Hotel Investment to take my first step into commercial investment.

I do not know when Government will intervent with new rules but I know they were making it tougher and limit property investment to the rich so we invest whenever opportunities come and we make superb quick decision with wide eye opens in our negotiation. We look for location that is easy to rent, eg. near Education, Healthcare hub, MRT, amenities. With that said, we also put aside 1 year rental income in the contigency fund.

Again, I wish I have attended Dennis’ Seminar earlier and know about market cycle. It is so true that this strategy works. I do plan to sell my property in Novena to build my opportunity cash position so I can buy good stock or property in the next bottom cycle.

I’m probably in the wrong thread for story telling, pls pardon me. I have responded to a property question in PROPERTY MARKET thread under CFP. Yours Sincerely.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi Ms Tan,
you just won yourself the Active Forumer Award, for your active contribution to the forum in the last few months.

You win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar. To claim your prize, just need to email to me at dennis@MasterYourFinance.com providing your name, mobile number and address for us to mail you the books.

So give and you shall truly receive.

To all the other seminar graduates, what are you waiting for? Start contributing more.

Note: Please note that even if you have won the Active Forum Contribution award before, it is possible that you win again, as the name implies, it is based on Active Contribution. So if you continue to contribute actively, you can win the Award again and again.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Ms Tan
Investing Mentor

Post by Ms Tan »

Thank you for the encouraging award, I didn't expect it!

I would like to give Dennis an award too - SSFA Award for being A Super Successful Forum Administrator. This forum has no nonsense, all good sharing with different opinions but a common goal. This is the result of a good controller, spending time not only sharing, but also guiding graduates to the right direction to be selfless millionaires.

I will email you when your award is ready for collection :D

Best regards,
Eileen
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Ms Tan wrote:Thank you for the encouraging award, I didn't expect it!

I would like to give Dennis an award too - SSFA Award for being A Super Successful Forum Administrator. This forum has no nonsense, all good sharing with different opinions but a common goal. This is the result of a good controller, spending time not only sharing, but also guiding graduates to the right direction to be selfless millionaires.

I will email you when your award is ready for collection :D

Best regards,
Eileen
Hi Ms Tan,
thanks.

My passion to share make me active in forum daily.

There are times that I'm sick but nobody would know, becos I will still post in this forum and on facebook pages.

The only time I don't post is when I'm overseas.

Some graduates have heard me say that even if I have my last breath left, I would be sharing my knowledge...some thought I was just joking.

I'm active in the forum whether fellow seminar graduates are active or NOT. Recently, the forum is a little quiet, and I hope more seminar graduates can join the forum, ask questions, post comments, share news, share video, share articles...any form of participation is a form of contribution.

This forum is set up for the benefit of seminar graduates and it would defeat the purpose if seminar graduates do NOT fully utilise it.
Cheers!