Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Time flies. Another 3 months have passed by.

It's time for me to announce the 3 winners of Active Contribution in the Forum award for the last 3 months.

The 3 winners are (in no special sequence):

1. wemakebread
2. Stradlinz
3. zipink (quite a recent seminar graduate)

And I'm also pleased to announce that I will now promote 1 more person, to the title of Investing Mentors, he/she is Stradlinz.

Please give him a big round of applause. I hope he can visit the forum more often and share his views/comments, so that all seminar graduates can benefit.

The 3 of them will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

So give and you shall truly receive.

To all the other seminar graduates, what are you waiting for? Start contributing more.

Note: Please note that even if you have won the Active Forum Contribution award before, it is possible that you win again, as the name implies, it is based on Active Contribution. So if you continue to contribute actively, you can win the Award again and again.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
equilat
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by equilat »

Congratulation to 'linz pink bread'. Keep it up.
patng8
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by patng8 »

Congratualations
Dennis Ng wrote:Time flies. Another 3 months have passed by.

It's time for me to announce the 3 winners of Active Contribution in the Forum award for the last 3 months.

1. wemakebread
2. Stradlinz

And I'm also pleased to announce that I will now promote 1 more person, to the title of Investing Mentors, he/she is Stradlinz.

Please give him a big round of applause. I hope he can visit the forum more often and share his views/comments, so that all seminar graduates can benefit.

The 3 of them will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

To all the other seminar graduates, what are you waiting for? Start contributing more.

Note: Please note that even if you have won the Active Forum Contribution award before, it is possible that you win again, as the name implies, it is based on Active Contribution. So if you continue to contribute actively, you can win the Award again and again.
Stradlinz
Investing Mentor

Post by Stradlinz »

Hi all.. was pleasantly surprised to see Dennis' announcement. Cos I did not feel my contribution was big enough.. Lots of other forumers also contributed more than me and I managed to learn from them all.. Anyway I take it that my sharing helped some people in the forum and I'm happy to know that :)

In the meantime, will try to contribute more whenever I have the time. To the rest I would urge everyone of you to read the forum EVERYDAY. I read EVERY single posting in this forum since the forum was set up. And believe me it really broaden your horizon not only in investment topics but in other areas of life as well. This forum has really been transformed compared to when it was just set up. More and more contributors stepped forwards and I'm looking forward to better things to come from this forum. Cheers and thks Dennis for this kind acknowledgement :)
zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

1. wemakebread
2. Stradlinz

Hi Dennis and fellow graduates,

Thanks for the award and prizes. Even if there are no prizes, I will still try to actively engage in this forum. This forum simply contains wealth of information. I learned a lot just by reading the past threads. Also, by contributing, I am applying what I learned from the seminar and that will reinforce my knowledge too. Everyone benefits.

I already have one of Dennis's book and attended "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" as well. I guess I will pass the the gifts to my friends whom I think will benefit from it. So, how do I redeem the "prizes"? Thanks. :D
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

zipink wrote:

1. wemakebread
2. Stradlinz

And I'm also pleased to announce that I will now promote 1 more person, to the title of Investing Mentors, he is Stradlinz.

Hi Dennis and fellow graduates,

Thanks for the award and prizes. Even if there are no prizes, I will still try to actively engage in this forum. This forum simply contains wealth of information. I learned a lot just by reading the past threads. Also, by contributing, I am applying what I learned from the seminar and that will reinforce my knowledge too. Everyone benefits.

I already have one of Dennis's book and attended "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" as well. I guess I will pass the the gifts to my friends whom I think will benefit from it. So, how do I redeem the "prizes"? Thanks. :D
Hi Alex,
yes, even if there are NO awards, the person who participate actively actually gain the most, as you have experienced it yourself.

For the 3 Award Winners, you just need to email to me dennis@masterYourFinance.com your name, mobile number and mailing address and we will mail the prizes to you.

Once again, Congrats to the 3 Award Winners.

I just want to illustrate that Give and You Shall Receive concept.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
LKY(LimKaYew)
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by LKY(LimKaYew) »

恭喜 Ein55, JamesTai & JimmyKKL !
Thanks to the selfless contributions seniors! 恭喜! 恭喜! :lol:
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

After reviewing the postings and sharing on this forum, I've decided to promote 2 more persons to the title of Investing Mentor, they are namely (in no particular order):

1. James Tai
2. Trade2Win

No prizes for them for this moment as they are NOT too active in forum contribution in the last 3 months. But no worries, Give and you shall always Receive.
Cheers!

jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Wow Dennis,

My Jaw almost drop when I just see your previous post :shock:. Don't like that leh, now you make me very stress. Oh dear, does that mean I cannot any how ask question here and have to make sure my posting here has some substance :oops: . I feel everybody here is learning from each other everyday and we all can be mentor to each other. There are so many experience sifu and generous people here in this forum who I have learn so much from and I am still learning. I think I am just a little thick skin and not afraid to ask questions here to clarify my doubts and to express my view. I am not right all the time so please feel free to share with me your view.

Dennis, thank you so much for your recognition, I am humble by it. I still have alot to learn from you and others Great mentor here.

James Tai
Last edited by jamestai on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

jamestai wrote:Wow Dennis,

My Jaw almost drop when I just see your previous post :shock:. Don't like that leh, now you make me very stress. Oh dear, does that mean I cannot any how ask question here and have to make sure my posting here has some substance :oops: . I feel everybody here is learning from each other everyday and we all can be mentor to each other. There are so many so many experienced sifu and generous people here in this forum who I have learn so much from and I am still learning. I think I am just a little thick skin and not afraid to ask questions here to clarify my doubts and to express my view. I am not right all the time so please feel free to share with me your view.

Dennis, thank you so much for your recognition, I am humbled by it. I still have alot to learn from you and others Great mentor here.

James Tai
Hi James,
no worries, don't feel stressed.

The Investing Mentor title is given to Seminar Graduates who have shared their knowledge/experience in the forum, it is like "Seniors" in schools, that's all.

I firmly believe that everyone is a Teacher, everyone is a Student as well, including myself. So I do learn from seminar graduates, including yourself.

It's good to be thick skinned, that's one of the "traits" to have to become Successful. In fact I think if a person is "think skinned" and does NOT dare to ask questions or very "pai seh", this person cannot become very successful nor Rich.

Have you met a Rich/Successful person who is very shy, think skinned and very worried about others' opinions of them? I have NOT.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Congratulations to James, Trade2win, wemakebread, Stradlinz, zipink for the special recognition of your contributions to this forum!

Sincerely hope to see more readers changing roles into forum writers. Your view can be different and unique, there is no need to align with the mainstream view, as long as you share your reasoning process.

I notice the size of last few graduates seminars were very big, great responses, but interactions among the forumers may be limited (the #1 goal is of course to listen to Dennis' talk). I suggest forumers (esp those graduated from the same class) can contact one another to form smaller interest group at personal level. Depending on the investment strategies or interest, the members may get together more often to exchange their ideas during events such as lunch, investment seminars, viewing of properties, etc. This may be a form of "continuing learning process" after the enligntening courses provided by Dennis.

It will be nice to make money from investment, but it is also benefitial to expand our network by making more new friends with common interest.
Trade2win
Investing Mentor

Post by Trade2win »

:oops: aiyoh yoh, very paiseh, I am a newbie in investment. Anyway, a big thank you to Dennis' recognition of my small contribution to keep everyone here with the news that I think are helpful. Cheers!
http://stores.ebay.com.sg/Happy-Skymart
Books by Master Ryuho Okawa - Happy Science
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

Based on observing their forum postings, let's promote another 5 forumers to the rank of Investing Mentors.

(In no particular order), They are namely:
1. kklok,
2. ngtfook
3. zipink
4. wemakebread
5. yhendra

I hope that more seminar graduates can participate more actively in the forum, becos truly the more you share, the more you learn. The more you give, the more you receive.

Each of them (except zipink and wemakebread who just got the prizes recently), will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

To claim your prize, please email to dennis@MasterYourFinance.com your name, mobile number and mailing address, so that we can mail the prizes to you.

Who say we must wait for 3 months to give out prizes? Give and you shall receive. But I like to emphasize that True Giving, one does NOT expect to get anything in return, but the Universal Law of Give and You Shall Receive will take care of the receiving part, so all you have to do is to focus on give, give and give.
Cheers!

ngtfook
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by ngtfook »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks you for your recognition. :)

I believe the more we share, the more we gain.
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Dennis Ng wrote:Hi all,

Based on observing their forum postings, let's promote another 5 forumers to the rank of Investing Mentors.

(In no particular order), They are namely:
1. kklok,
2. ngtfook
3. zipink
4. wemakebread
5. yhendra

I hope that more seminar graduates can participate more actively in the forum, becos truly the more you share, the more you learn. The more you give, the more you receive.

Each of them (except zipink and wemakebread who just got the prizes recently), will each win my 2 books and also 1 Ticket Special Price at S$298 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

To claim your prize, please email to dennis@MasterYourFinance.com your name, mobile number and mailing address, so that we can mail the prizes to you.

Who say we must wait for 3 months to give out prizes? Give and you shall receive. But I like to emphasize that True Giving, one does NOT expect to get anything in return, but the Universal Law of Give and You Shall Receive will take care of the receiving part, so all you have to do is to focus on give, give and give.
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the recognition. I have yet to learn a lot more from you and others in this forum/community.
Yes, I also believe the more we share, the more we receive, the more we learn, the more we grow.
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab