Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby Dennis Ng » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 pm

candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your daily sharing,

I especially enjoy your sharing on in988.com every Mon 9.30 am to 10am.


Below is the link for past recordings on in988.com by kklok:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2486&p=22280#p22280


Hi candy_chia,
thanks.

Please keep up your sharing in the forum too. Lately, didn't see your postings until today. haha.

Yes, http://www.in988.com is the first Public Media where I wear Polo T-shirt and dress casually for public media. Actually nowadays when I go to Capital Radio 95.8 FM or News Radio 93.8 FM I also dress casually as the DJs already know me and we are like old friends and they would not mind me dressing casually.

The 2 DJs at 93.8 FM gave me a nickname "returning Champion" as they say that whenever I'm on "Money Wise" program, the phone calls just keep ringing and listeners are queuing up to ask me questions...

Anyway, next week I won't be on http://www.in988.com nor 95.8 FM, as I'll be having a holiday in London and Paris with my family from 10 to 19 Jun 2012. On 19 Jun 2012, (also won't have my article in My Paper)...guess I deserve to take a break and have informed these 3 media in advance of my holiday plans.

During this period, I won't be logging in to this forum as well, as I want to have 100% presence with my family.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby candy_chia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Dennis,

Have been busy lately as hubby went to US for business trip for 2 months and bringing 2 kids for outings during the school holidays. Also looking forward to a well-deserved break on 21 June to Malacca (1st overseas holiday since 6 years ago, kind of rare for Singaporeans who love travelling).

Was also depressed during these few weeks as was told by her school teacher that my 4 years old girl may have autism and learning disorder. However, after visited an experienced pediatrician at Mt E medical centre, my mind is more relaxed after reassurance that he didn't detect any sign of autism nor learning difficulties. Anyways, waiting for KK hospital appointment on 30 July to confirm this fact.

Will try to post often.

Dennis Ng wrote:
candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your daily sharing,

I especially enjoy your sharing on in988.com every Mon 9.30 am to 10am.


Below is the link for past recordings on in988.com by kklok:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2486&p=22280#p22280


Hi candy_chia,
thanks.

Please keep up your sharing in the forum too. Lately, didn't see your postings until today. haha.

Yes, http://www.in988.com is the first Public Media where I wear Polo T-shirt and dress casually for public media. Actually nowadays when I go to Capital Radio 95.8 FM or News Radio 93.8 FM I also dress casually as the DJs already know me and we are like old friends and they would not mind me dressing casually.

The 2 DJs at 93.8 FM gave me a nickname "returning Champion" as they say that whenever I'm on "Money Wise" program, the phone calls just keep ringing and listeners are queuing up to ask me questions...

Anyway, next week I won't be on http://www.in988.com nor 95.8 FM, as I'll be having a holiday in London and Paris with my family from 10 to 19 Jun 2012. On 19 Jun 2012, (also won't have my article in My Paper)...guess I deserve to take a break and have informed these 3 media in advance of my holiday plans.

During this period, I won't be logging in to this forum as well, as I want to have 100% presence with my family.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
candy_chia
Investing Mentor
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby Dennis Ng » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 am

candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Have been busy lately as hubby went to US for business trip for 2 months and bringing 2 kids for outings during the school holidays. Also looking forward to a well-deserved break on 21 June to Malacca (1st overseas holiday since 6 years ago, kind of rare for Singaporeans who love travelling).

Was also depressed during these few weeks as was told by her school teacher that my 4 years old girl may have autism and learning disorder. However, after visited an experienced pediatrician at Mt E medical centre, my mind is more relaxed after reassurance that he didn't detect any sign of autism nor learning difficulties. Anyways, waiting for KK hospital appointment on 30 July to confirm this fact.

Will try to post often.


I remember at 4, I could not speak well at all, and I stutter and stammer whenever I speak...who would have imagined this was Dennis Ng if I didn't share it?

In Primary 2, I got 2nd last place in my class and Chinese was my worst subject then...who would have imagined this same student later wrote a book 100% in Chinese and won the Inaugural Popular Bookstore "Readers' Choice" contest for 1st prize for Chinese Book Category?

In Sec 4 mid year exams, I got F9 for my English and even my English teacher gave up hope on me passing my O levels...who would have imagined this same student went on to write a book 100% in English which became the No. 1 English (Non-fiction) Best Selling Book in Singapore?

Conceive and Believe in only something good for your daughter. Do NOT worry too much, becos we might not get what we want, but we typically get what we fear. So have no fear.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby candy_chia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your encouragement. I believe that by exposing my girl to different environment through outings like science centre, marina bay sands, cinema & being positive & emotional strong myself, she will become more sociable.

Dennis Ng wrote:
candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Have been busy lately as hubby went to US for business trip for 2 months and bringing 2 kids for outings during the school holidays. Also looking forward to a well-deserved break on 21 June to Malacca (1st overseas holiday since 6 years ago, kind of rare for Singaporeans who love travelling).

Was also depressed during these few weeks as was told by her school teacher that my 4 years old girl may have autism and learning disorder. However, after visited an experienced pediatrician at Mt E medical centre, my mind is more relaxed after reassurance that he didn't detect any sign of autism nor learning difficulties. Anyways, waiting for KK hospital appointment on 30 July to confirm this fact.

Will try to post often.


I remember at 4, I could not speak well at all, and I stutter and stammer whenever I speak...who would have imagined this was Dennis Ng if I didn't share it?

In Primary 2, I got 2nd last place in my class and Chinese was my worst subject then...who would have imagined this same student later wrote a book 100% in Chinese and won the Inaugural Popular Bookstore "Readers' Choice" contest for 1st prize for Chinese Book Category?

In Sec 4 mid year exams, I got F9 for my English and even my English teacher gave up hope on me passing my O levels...who would have imagined this same student went on to write a book 100% in English which became the No. 1 English (Non-fiction) Best Selling Book in Singapore?

Conceive and Believe in only something good for your daughter. Do NOT worry too much, becos we might not get what we want, but we typically get what we fear. So have no fear.
candy_chia
Investing Mentor
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby Dennis Ng » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 pm

candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your encouragement. I believe that by exposing my girl to different environment through outings like science centre, marina bay sands, cinema & being positive & emotional strong myself, she will become more sociable.


yes, think only the positive. Do not fear. We typically get what we fear.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby WM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Dennis,

Agree ! Together we shall make a difference!
Thanks for your encouragement.

Wee Meng

Dennis Ng wrote:Hi Wee Meng,
I'm just doing my part, nothing to salute about.

Many people are doing their part as well, including yourself.

Each of us (seminar graduate which now already about 3,000), if we were to contribute a little, together we can contribute a lot and make a big difference.

Imagine just each of us donating S$1,000, all the 3,000 of us can already donate S$3 million to charity every year.

If each of us just spread the principles and message of being a "Go Giver", about Selfless Sharing and about focusing on how to serve more people, how to increase our value add to the society, we can then change the community around us...

Many drops of water make an ocean, each of us doing a little, together we can make a big difference to Singapore and to the world! Let's encourage all of us to keep it up, to keep going.
WM
Silver Forum Contributor
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby candy_chia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Wonder is there a way to record what Dennis shared on 95.8, so far didn't manage to have the priviledge to be around to listen during time slot.

Dennis Ng wrote:
candy_chia wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your daily sharing,

I especially enjoy your sharing on in988.com every Mon 9.30 am to 10am.


Below is the link for past recordings on in988.com by kklok:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2486&p=22280#p22280


Hi candy_chia,
thanks.

Please keep up your sharing in the forum too. Lately, didn't see your postings until today. haha.

Yes, http://www.in988.com is the first Public Media where I wear Polo T-shirt and dress casually for public media. Actually nowadays when I go to Capital Radio 95.8 FM or News Radio 93.8 FM I also dress casually as the DJs already know me and we are like old friends and they would not mind me dressing casually.

The 2 DJs at 93.8 FM gave me a nickname "returning Champion" as they say that whenever I'm on "Money Wise" program, the phone calls just keep ringing and listeners are queuing up to ask me questions...

Anyway, next week I won't be on http://www.in988.com nor 95.8 FM, as I'll be having a holiday in London and Paris with my family from 10 to 19 Jun 2012. On 19 Jun 2012, (also won't have my article in My Paper)...guess I deserve to take a break and have informed these 3 media in advance of my holiday plans.

During this period, I won't be logging in to this forum as well, as I want to have 100% presence with my family.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
candy_chia
Investing Mentor
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby Dennis Ng » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 pm

kklok wrote:Hi All,

After a week break from Media, Dennis is back on radio.
21/0602012 FM95.8 recording start at 19.18
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34170769/03%20F ... 0%20AM.mp3

Cheers
KK


wow, Kklok,
I'm really speechless. Thank you so much for taking all the time and effort to record the program and share in the forum. Deeply appreciated.

As a gesture to show our appreciation to your selflessness, you have won another Active Forumer Award and you've won yourself my latest 2 books, "Why is Money Always Not Enough?" (100% Chinese book) and "What Your School Never Taught You About Money" (100% English Book) and a ticket to full-day "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar (price to be revised to S$398 from Apr 2012).

Just email your name, mobile number and mailing address to me at dennis@MasterYourFinance.com to claim your prize.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby Dennis Ng » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:23 am

from the videos that sereneloong created on her website www.reallifetheory.com, I hereby promote Sereneloong to Investing Mentor.

She also wins herself the Active Forumer Award for taking her own initiative, time, effort and money to set up a website to educate the public. Kudos!

She win herself my 2nd and 3rd book and also 1 ticket (priced S$398, actual value is priceless) to 1-day How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars Seminar.

Serene, please email to me at dennis@masteryourfinance.com your name, mobile number and address for us to mail you the prize.

Serenelooong, please keep it up! Keep creating those videos, I personally really like them as each video focus on just 1 key point (message) and explain it in very simple terms (in line with the way I explained them as well).

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

sereneloong wrote:In May 2009, in the depths of the last financial crisis, I was retrenched from my middle management job in an MNC.

Dennis has been warning us repeatedly that it is possible that the next global financial crisis could be the worst the world has ever seen. In this case, I foresee a retrenchment bloodbath to come.

One of the ways we can protect ourselves is to create employment for ourselves by starting our own business. In fact, for some who cannot find a suitable job, this could be the only resort.But how does one turn this crisis into opportunity where we don't only create employment for ourselves but a well-run commercial enterprise that could even provide jobs for others?

While thinking about an answer for this over the weekend, I created this Real Life Theory video: Do you run a business? Or does it run you?
To watch, click here: http://www.reallifetheory.com/BusinessVideo

Please forward this to anyone whom you think might benefit from it.

Sincerely,
Serene
P.S. I have also started a Facebook Page for Real Life Theory. If you believe it is important to spread financial literacy, please click 'Like' here: http://www.facebook.com/reallifetheory?v=app_190322544333196
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby patap » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Candy_Chia,

Thank you for your active postings and sharing for the past 3 months. You have also been very patient in helping some forumers in answering their queries. Everyone will agree that you have been the most active forumer.

You have won yourself the Active Forumer Award, for your active contribution to the forum in the last few months. As a form of recognition and encouragement, I have also promoted you to the title of Investing Mentor. Congratulations!

The prize for Active Forumer Award is the two books written by our late sifu, Dennis, and also 1 Ticket priced at S$398 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar. To claim your prize, please email to me at patricia@MasterYourFinance.com providing your name, mobile number and address for us to mail you the books.

So give and you shall truly receive.
Regards,
Patricia Hung
MasterYourFinance.Com
patap
Site Admin
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby stanlee » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 am

Congrat Candy_Chia ! I've been following your postings especially on Personal Development and on various discussion on Property.
Like to take this opportunity to thank you for your selfless sharing :)

rgds
stanlee
stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby nglekhong » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Dear Cindy

Many thanks for your postings, indeed I have learned a lot from your selflessly sharing.

Best Regards
NG L H



stanlee wrote:Congrat Candy_Chia ! I've been following your postings especially on Personal Development and on various discussion on Property.
Like to take this opportunity to thank you for your selfless sharing :)

rgds
stanlee
nglekhong
Senior Forum Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 am

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby patap » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 am

Hi Everyone,

It's giving time! I think most of you might have guessed who are the active ones. For this round, I am going to give away the Active Forumer Award to 3 forumers.

Firstly, to thank these 3 Givers for willingly and openly share with the rest their knowledge and opinion, which I think is not easy as you got to know your 'stuff' well and thereafter present your thoughts in writing. Secondly, to thank them for spending part of their time in this forum when they could be doing many other things. And lastly, to thank them for keeping this forum active.

The winners are none other than our Candy Chia, ngtfook and Ein55! I would also like to thank Candy for helping me to do some of the 'admin' updates!

I also noted that there are actually quite a number of you, who are also 'active' in this forum by silently reading and occasionally joining in the discussion or giving your comments. I really appreciate your presence and participation as well. We welcome you to join in by writing when you are ready.

The prize for Active Forumer Award is the two books written by Dennis, and also 1 Ticket priced at S$398 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar. To claim your prize, please email to me at patricia@MasterYourFinance.com providing your name, mobile number and address for us to mail you the books.

Congrats!
Regards,
Patricia Hung
MasterYourFinance.Com
patap
Site Admin
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby ngtfook » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am

Hi patap,

Thanks for the recognition.

I would like to take this opportunity to call on all Investing Mentors to share actively, especially WD investing mentors.

by ngtfook » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks ein55 for his in depth analysis.

Normally, our late Dennis will touch on the overall market analysis, wonder if current WD trainers/mentors care to continue this tradition for the benefits to all forumer. thanks in advance.


patap wrote:Hi Everyone,

It's giving time! I think most of you might have guessed who are the active ones. For this round, I am going to give away the Active Forumer Award to 3 forumers.

Firstly, to thank these 3 Givers for willingly and openly share with the rest their knowledge and opinion, which I think is not easy as you got to know your 'stuff' well and thereafter present your thoughts in writing. Secondly, to thank them for spending part of their time in this forum when they could be doing many other things. And lastly, to thank them for keeping this forum active.

The winners are none other than our Candy Chia, ngtfook and Ein55! I would also like to thank Candy for helping me to do some of the 'admin' updates!

I also noted that there are actually quite a number of you, who are also 'active' in this forum by silently reading and occasionally joining in the discussion or giving your comments. I really appreciate your presence and participation as well. We welcome you to join in by writing when you are ready.

The prize for Active Forumer Award is the two books written by Dennis, and also 1 Ticket priced at S$398 to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar. To claim your prize, please email to me at patricia@MasterYourFinance.com providing your name, mobile number and address for us to mail you the books.

Congrats!
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg
ngtfook
Platinum Forum Contributor
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: SG

Re: Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Postby racoon12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 pm

OH Ya

Hi Patap

I was given the prize during Dennis time which I yet to claim for (just remembered)...no sure there's any record? I can search for it to proof to you.
However, Dennis had given me permission to take my time to claim it. Is it still valid, is ok if you say expired.

Just wish to refresh what i learnt...

Thanks
Lim CK
racoon12
Platinum Forum Contributor
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Financial Principles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron