FREE Talk on "Ultimate Goal-Setting" on 8 Dec 2006

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

FREE Talk on "Ultimate Goal-Setting" on 8 Dec 2006

Post by Dennis Ng »

Why birthday wishes don't work? FREE Talk on Goal Setting that "works" on 8 Dec 2006

Dear Friends,

I’m invited to conduct a talk on “Goal Setting” for the “Think and Grow Rich Success Night” on 8 Dec 2006 and be glad to share what I researched over the last few years and my own personal experience in “goal setting”. Details are shown below:

You can attend this event FREE as being the invited speaker I’m given the privilege to invite my friends to attend this event free.. Seats are limited, reserve yours now. To register, just email to my staff Roselin@leverageholdings.com your Name, Contact no. and Email address.

Date: 8 Dec 2006

Time: 7 pm to 10 pm

Venue: 210 Middle Road, #06-07 IOI Plaza, Singapore 188994

Napoleon Hill Associates Pte Ltd

(near to Fortune Centre, closer to Selegie Road side). Nearest MRT station is Bugis MRT Station).

Cheers!

Dennis Ng, www.HousingLoanSG.com

Dear members, associates and friends.

It’s December already. How time flies when one is having so much fun !!

On behalf of Napoleon Hill Associates Singapore, we are pleased to invite you to attend our December 2006 Think and Grow Rich Success Nite (the last one for 2006). The topic for December 2006 is “GOAL SETTING”. Come and find out as to why we do not achieve the goals that we set………….

Below are the details for the date, time and venue.

Our Guest Speaker this month is Mr Dennis Ng, co-founder of Leverage Holdings Pte Ltd, accountant by training and writer will share his insights on goal settings and how setting goals has helped him in his personal life and his business.

Do you set goals? How’s your success rate so far?

Do you know why most “goals-setting” does not work?

Why most birthday “wishes” do not come true?

What is creative visualization and how to use creative visualization in goal-setting?

Should you aim for a Big Goal or a Small Goal?

The “Ultimate Successful Goal Setting” Formula I learned from Napoleon Hill

How to achieve anything you want in life?
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

there might be some people out there wondering: Why is Dennis so active on the internet sharing his knowledge? What does he gain from it?

Of course some might thought that my motivation is "to get business".

Well, if you really think about it, it CANNOT be true. Becos if this is a good way to get business, this forum will be swarmed with Financial Planners who share with you their knowledge.

However, the FACT is it appears that I'm the only person who is doing it, not once, not twice, but on a DAILY basis for the last 3 years. And before switching to WallStraits forum, I was doing the same thing at shareinvestor.com for another 3 years. In other words, I've been doing this since the day I left the bank in year 2000!

The true reasons why I'm so actively sharing on the internet are these:

1. I've set as my Definite Major Purpose (Mission) in life to use my knowledge and experience in Finances to raise Financial Literacy level in Singapore and to help other people make better financial decisions so as to help them reach their financial goals.

That's why sharing on the internet is ONE way how I can move towards achieving my Definite Major Purpose in life.

2. The Law of Give and You Shall Receive.
I discovered that the best way to learn something is to teach (share). Becos if you share, you have to be knowledgeable about the topic you're discussing and you must have a clear idea what exactly it is in order to "transfer" your thoughts into words to be understood by other people.

Thus, if I want to improve my own financial knowledge and make better financial decisions for myself and my clients, the best way to do it is to "share" what I know.

What are my "rewards" for sharing?
I have to tell you that some additional business is one of them BUT it is not the main thing. Otherwise like I said, there'll be MANY other QUALIFIED Financial Planners who share on this forum.

The main rewards I get are in many forms: firstly as I mentioned, I increased my own financial knowledge. As a result of that, I personally get ahead financially since I make better financial decisions. Secondly, as I get BETTER in what I'm doing, I "ATTRACT" people who seek me out to serve them, and the things I do make me STAND OUT becos there're not many such people around in the industry.

Give and you shall definitely receive. What you receive sometimes are not even from the same source that you give to.

The important point about it is "Give" means giving UNCONDITIONALLY, without focusing on the REWARDS that you would receive.

Giving with conditions attached is NOT giving. It's merely "EXCHANGE" or TRANSACTION DEAL. It's:"I'm willing to give you this, provided you give me back that."

Last month when I was "asked" by Napoleon Hill Associates to conduct a talk on "Goal Setting", at first I was a little hesistant. I'm good at finances, but I'm not exactly an expert in Goal Setting. However, the opportunity to share my knowledge is IN LINE with my Definite Major Purpose in life. Thus, it helped me to easily make the decision to accept the invitation.

I've read countless books on Goal Setting. I'm sure you have read about the subject of Goal Setting before as well. What I discovered by asking many people is that actually many people do have Goals, but their SUCCESS rate of achieving their goals is quite low.

That set me thinking what exactly are the missing points. In the last month, I again "digged" out the many books I have on goal-setting and re-read them again. Through the process, I have a better understanding of why most Goal-Setting does NOT work? Why birthday wishes do NOT work?

And suddenly I found the missing links.

And I'll be sharing what I discovered with the attendees of this up-coming "Think and Grow Rich Success Night" on 8 Dec 2006. I'm also given the privilege to invite people to attend the event FREE. If you like to register, just email to my staff at roselin@leverageholdings.com providing you name, contact no. and email address.

And again it shows the LAW of "Give and you shall receive" works. By giving (agreed to conduct this talk), as a result I re-read my books and I receive (discovered the missing links in most goal-setting strategies).

How much is my REWARD? No, I'm conducting this talk FREE so speaking fees is NOT my reward. My reward is actually truly invaluable! Becos with this better understanding of Goal-setting, it will definitely INCREASE the SUCCESS RATE of my future goals and again, the benefits would be tangible (wealth) and intangible (it will improve all aspects of my life).

People can continue to question my motives. They can GOSSIP, do PERSONAL ATTACK, they can DOUBT and the list goes on......However, it DOES NOT really MATTER to me becos the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that I myself know what my motives are. As long as I stay TRUE to myself, I'll be happy.

That's the most important thing.

The best thing is whatever I have achieved applying some of these UNIVERSAL LAWS, you can apply them too and reap the benefits. It is truly a world of ABUNDANCE, that's why I find it silly to think Win/Lose becos ABUDANCE means we can always achieve Win/Win if we want.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.