my 3rd Book was No. 1 on Straits Times Bestseller 5 Feb 2012

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

extracted from Foreword from my book "What Your School Never Taught You About Money".

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Foreword:
What has the school taught you about money? The school teach us many subjects. They teach us English, Science, Maths, even History, Literature, Music, Sports and the list goes on. But what did your school teach you about money? Nothing much I guess.

At most what I can remember is that teachers did mention the importance of saving our money, that’s about all. And of course, I remember that we learned about Compounding in Maths lesson, about how compounding is actually interest on interest and how our money can snowball with the power of compounding. But how exactly do we make our money grow? This is not taught in any school syllabus.

Can we live without money? Of course the answer is clearly no. Since we cannot live without money and money is such an important subject, how come schools do not teach us about money?

Some people, such as Robert Kiyosaki have opined that it is a conspiracy of rich people to let the masses be ignorant about money, so that the Rich can then “rule” over the rest. Talking about Robert Kiyosaki, he was the one who aroused my interest in Personal Finance in 1997 when I read his book entitled “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”. I’m sure you might have read this book or heard of this book before.

In this book, he shared that it is important for us to learn “to make our money work for us.” And he seems to think that “Cashflow” is the key, in fact he says that assets are defined as “something that put money in your pocket” and liabilities as “something that takes money from your pocket”. However, I bought and read all his books but none of his books really teach us in detail HOW to make your money work for you, other than very general principles and vague mention about investing your money into stocks and property.

But as to how to choose stocks and properties to invest, what pitfalls to look out for and avoid when investing, he has never shared in detail in his many books. As I read more and more books, attended many seminars and even got to meet and learn from Real Multi-millionaires in Singapore, I realised that some of the things that Robert Kiyosaki teach are wrong, and in this book, I will share with you what are some of the concepts which he shared about money that are wrong.

To become Rich and successful, it is important to learn about the “success mindset”, so in this book I will share with you what your school never taught you about success mindset.

Mindset alone is not sufficient, you need to know exactly how to plan your finances, how to manage your finances as well, so I’ll also share with you What Your School Never Taught You About Financial Planning. It might surprise you that some of the knowledge I share with you on Financial Planning even many Financial Planners themselves do not know themselves.

I’ll also share with you What Your School Never Taught You About Investing. I will not only share with you investment principles, but actual “HOW” and pitfalls to avoid when you invest into stocks and property, including how to choose IPOs to invest and how to decide when to sell your stocks. It is after many years of investment experience that I realised that it’s “when you sell your stocks that really matters.”

To become rich, it is also important for you to know and to keep track of what is going on in the global economy and the global financial situation. However, most of the books you can find in the library and schools are filled with technical jargons and are difficult to understand or even stay awake when you read them. So I’ll also be sharing with you “What Your School Never Taught You About Global Economics.”

So this book aims to be as comprehensive as possible, to be as fun to read as possible, to be as simple to understand as possible. Why is it written in simple English in a way that is fun and easy to understand? Because I firmly believe that when you “Master Your Finance, You Master Your Destiny”.

After reading this book, you can continue to learn from me. To thank you for purchasing this book, you can attend the Path to Financial Freedom Workshop with your loved one for FREE (This workshop is worth S$136). (see the last page of this book for details).
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

you can't imagine how happy I am when I see my latest book "What Your School Never Taught You About Money" displayed under Bestsellers in Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City outlet.

Photos are here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 010&type=1
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

just 2 weeks after my 3rd Book "What Your School Never Taught You About Money" was launched, it made it to the 5th Spot in Times Bookstore Business Bestseller List!

http://www.timesbookstores.com.sg/

http://www.timesbookstores.com.sg/BestSellers.aspx

WHAT YR SCH NEVER TAUGHT YOU ABT MONEY

by NG, DENNIS
Local Retail Price SGD28.89
ISBN 9789810705060
Publisher CANDID CREATION

This title can be found at our following Times bookstores:
CENTREPOINT
JELITA
MARINA SQUARE
PARAGON
PLAZA SINGAPURA
SUNTEC CITY 3
TAMPINES ONE
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I found my book online at Kinokuniya website too, and it's ranked No. 1 Weekly Bestseller under the Business Category in Kinokuniya! :

http://www.kinokuniya.com/sg/index.php/ ... 9810705060
Cheers!

fahrenheit
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by fahrenheit »

Hi all,

anyone knows the link? I didn't get any information on this when I received the book one wk after I bought it online.
Dennis Ng wrote:thanks to the initiative of Wealth Educators Vern, Alvin, Alex and Jason New, together with my publisher Kok Hwa, they have taken the effort to interview me in a 50 minute Video interview. And purchasers of my 3rd book will have FULL Access to this Special Video Interview free!

To reward you for your commitment to master your financial destiny, we are giving you full access to a private interview with Dennis Ng whereby he unlocks the code to making profits in uncertain times worth $88.

In this 50-minute video, you will learn:

Why retail investors lose money most of the time
What are the 3 key things to look out for when buying stocks
How to prevent emotions from getting into the way when investing
Secret on why the rich gets richer
How to evaluate the performance of your investment portfolio
Practical advice for the novice in investing
Why Traded Endowment Policy is getting increasingly popular
alvin
Investing Mentor

Post by alvin »

The link is printed in the last page of the book :D
fahrenheit wrote:Hi all,

anyone knows the link? I didn't get any information on this when I received the book one wk after I bought it online.
Dennis Ng wrote:thanks to the initiative of Wealth Educators Vern, Alvin, Alex and Jason New, together with my publisher Kok Hwa, they have taken the effort to interview me in a 50 minute Video interview. And purchasers of my 3rd book will have FULL Access to this Special Video Interview free!

To reward you for your commitment to master your financial destiny, we are giving you full access to a private interview with Dennis Ng whereby he unlocks the code to making profits in uncertain times worth $88.

In this 50-minute video, you will learn:

Why retail investors lose money most of the time
What are the 3 key things to look out for when buying stocks
How to prevent emotions from getting into the way when investing
Secret on why the rich gets richer
How to evaluate the performance of your investment portfolio
Practical advice for the novice in investing
Why Traded Endowment Policy is getting increasingly popular
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
tan_robin

re: link

Post by tan_robin »

is the link not uploaded yet?
as it asked for my email address and mentioned abt sending me a notification

tks again !
alvin
Investing Mentor

Re: re: link

Post by alvin »

Yup. I think it is not ready yet.
tan_robin wrote:is the link not uploaded yet?
as it asked for my email address and mentioned abt sending me a notification

tks again !
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

so happy to see my book still ranked No. 1 Weekly Bestseller under the Business Category in Kinokuniya! It's ranked above No. 2 "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham. (my peronal favourite book on Investment).

Alvin Chow's book "Secrets of Singapore Trading Gurus" is ranked No. 4! Congrats Alvin!

In Times bookshops, it is currently ranked No. 5 in Business Bestseller Category, just below No. 4 "The Steve Jobs Way" by ELLIOT, JAY:

http://www.timesbookstores.com.sg/BestSellers.aspx

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:I found my book online at Kinokuniya website too, and it's ranked No. 1 Weekly Bestseller under the Business Category in Kinokuniya! :

Cheers!

ctsan1
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by ctsan1 »

Dennis
In the Financial Check up template, solvency ratio = total networth / total asset, my understanding for solvency ratio is to justify how solvent our asset, so the formula is total asset value / total outstanding loan.

for my case, i work out to be different ratio i got by apply different formula, which is more accurate?

thanks
ctsan
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

ctsan1 wrote:Dennis
In the Financial Check up template, solvency ratio = total networth / total asset, my understanding for solvency ratio is to justify how solvent our asset, so the formula is total asset value / total outstanding loan.

for my case, i work out to be different ratio i got by apply different formula, which is more accurate?

thanks
ctsan
Hi ctsan1,
I guess there was a mistake made then. In my seminar, solvency ratio as you mentioned, is Total Assets/Total Liabilities.

Networth is Total Assets less Total Liabilities...dividing by Total Asset would tell us how much of our total assets are actually "owned" by us (or our Equity).
Cheers!

positive7
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by positive7 »

Hi Dennis. Thanks for the learning experience since joining your seminar in July 2011. I have gained knowledge in different degree from this forum It has yet to be translated to $$ for me but I believe one day it will. So far I have given out 15 copies of your books. The younger ones seems to appreciate it better. Regardless, is a good educational tool. Wishing you and family Merry Christmas And a Wonderful Blessed 2012!
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

positive7 wrote:Hi Dennis. Thanks for the learning experience since joining your seminar in July 2011. I have gained knowledge in different degree from this forum It has yet to be translated to $$ for me but I believe one day it will. So far I have given out 15 copies of your books. The younger ones seems to appreciate it better. Regardless, is a good educational tool. Wishing you and family Merry Christmas And a Wonderful Blessed 2012!
Hi positive7,
your friends one day would thank you for sharing the knowledge with them.

Learning is a continuous and never-ending process, hope you continue to enjoy reading/posting in the forum and learning and sharing.
Cheers!

positive7
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by positive7 »

Thanks Master Dennis. Noted. Be Blessed !
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

wow, found this comment on the internet.

I really feel both flattered and happy that my work benefitted people.

http://www.blogged.my/pingbar-353925-wh ... is-ng.html
Cheers!