Very grateful to have attended Dennis's seminar

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Justinlee

Very grateful to have attended Dennis's seminar

Post by Justinlee »

Good afternoon all, :D.
I just wanna give a testimonial out of my own accord and my experience from his seminar. I am really grateful to have learnt so much from Dennis. I was from the July batch 2012 in the stocks seminar.
I was 23 then and after attending his seminar, I was still blur but now when I research even more. I can see the value behind his lessons. I have his understanding as the basis of my financial decisions be it insurance or stocks. For insurance, by having the maximum coverage at the minimum costs is one of the main take aways for me.
What motivated me to write in was after learning and journeying this pursuit of financial knowledge, I can see that there is a real need for Singaporeans to understand these financial principles and apply them in their lives. To not be ignorant and fearful, but to be informed. I was not taught by anybody,I am a horticulturist then and Dennis's seminar spring board me to knowing the importance of financial planning. I am still always learning, when I share, I share my convictions, my opinions, not advice , and there is always an element of probable mistake.
The statement that when you master your finances you master your destiny sticks with me. When I see my friends telling me, they want this and that, I feel sad because they cannot master their finance and they rationalize but not willing to take calculated risks because the thought of it scares them. It reminds me of myself at the beginning. Truthfully, I have lost money and I have no one else to blame but myself. What is to my advantage now is my age, and I have time to make sound financial decisions in the future.
I am still learning, for the past 1 year, my view on finances has changed a lot. Things which WHAT OUR SCHOOL NEVER TAUGHT US ABOUT MONEY really sticks.
Dennis also shared that Money cannot bring us happiness,for me, it's a state of mind. The poor can be happy, the rich can also be happy. Enjoy the process of continuous learning not the blind pursuit of money thinking it will make us happy. I am now grateful and I am now happy even if I don't have a million dollars. Lets just be good stewards of what we have. I do hope I can contribute by sharing more however at times I will write the wrong things but with more encouragement I think I can hahaha

Cheers,
Justin lee :D
walkinepark
Platinum Forum Contributor

Re: Very grateful to have attended Dennis's seminar

Post by walkinepark »

Hello Justin,

nice to see this piece.

From this, I guess you have gotten certain ingredients right in your pursuit of Happiness.
I see: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, Courage and a bountiful of Energy.
We tend to lose some these ingredients as we grow older, and we wonder while we are not happier albeit having a little extra money.

We ought to let go a bit but we see ourselves holding tighter and tighter to this thing called "Money" as we aged, due to Insecurity.
Insecurity is a dangerous state of mind... it creates Fear and Anxiety (both which are not real) that put a burden on our mind like a heavy weight even while we sleep, eat and walk.

Btw, i think Dennis did not mention this in his class: that Money is just an idea. It's not real.
But I won't be giving you some of mine coz the next person believes it, so much so that that person is willing to accept this piece of paper and provide me with a cooked Wanton Noodle. What a wonderful technology!
Don't waste this technology (but don't over-use it)... trade them off with more meaningful experiences, not stuff, while we can! :)

Cheers
Walkinepark
ui21cn
Investing Mentor

Post by ui21cn »

Hi Justin,

So heart warming to read your write-up.

The trainers shares the same conviction and thinking as the late Dennis; that was the main driving force we came forward to continue spreading
his teaching. We hope we are able to do so for a long time to come.

Towards our financially savvy journey

Rgds,
Wei Teck
PatTalk
Senior Forum Member

Post by PatTalk »

Justinlee wrote:Good afternoon all, :D.
I just wanna give a testimonial out of my own accord and my experience from his seminar. I am really grateful to have learnt so much from Dennis. I was from the July batch 2012 in the stocks seminar.
I was 23 then and after attending his seminar, I was still blur but now when I research even more. I can see the value behind his lessons. I have his understanding as the basis of my financial decisions be it insurance or stocks. For insurance, by having the maximum coverage at the minimum costs is one of the main take aways for me.
What motivated me to write in was after learning and journeying this pursuit of financial knowledge, I can see that there is a real need for Singaporeans to understand these financial principles and apply them in their lives. To not be ignorant and fearful, but to be informed. I was not taught by anybody,I am a horticulturist then and Dennis's seminar spring board me to knowing the importance of financial planning. I am still always learning, when I share, I share my convictions, my opinions, not advice , and there is always an element of probable mistake.
The statement that when you master your finances you master your destiny sticks with me. When I see my friends telling me, they want this and that, I feel sad because they cannot master their finance and they rationalize but not willing to take calculated risks because the thought of it scares them. It reminds me of myself at the beginning. Truthfully, I have lost money and I have no one else to blame but myself. What is to my advantage now is my age, and I have time to make sound financial decisions in the future.
I am still learning, for the past 1 year, my view on finances has changed a lot. Things which WHAT OUR SCHOOL NEVER TAUGHT US ABOUT MONEY really sticks.
Dennis also shared that Money cannot bring us happiness,for me, it's a state of mind. The poor can be happy, the rich can also be happy. Enjoy the process of continuous learning not the blind pursuit of money thinking it will make us happy. I am now grateful and I am now happy even if I don't have a million dollars. Lets just be good stewards of what we have. I do hope I can contribute by sharing more however at times I will write the wrong things but with more encouragement I think I can hahaha

Cheers,
Justin lee :D

Thanks Justin,
Suddenly feel I missed so many from Dennis sifu reminding, repeating, recap of his teaching, his tip, his word ! Guess now only we all can help each other to repeat, remind, recap what we learn from him.

Cheers
PatTalk