HDB Lost S$2 billion selling us "cheap" HDB flats.

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

HDB Lost S$2 billion selling us "cheap" HDB flats.

Post by Dennis Ng »

Does anyone understand how does HDB calculate their numbers? They supposed lost S$2 billion selling 8,000 New HDB Flats to Singaporeans at much higher prices in year 2008 compared to year 2007.

"Market subsidy" is too complex a concept that probably only the scholars of Temasek Holdings can understand and explain with a straight face.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Let me test my application of Market Subsidy to my Seminars.

The market rate for a 3-day Stocks and Property Seminar typically costs at least S$3,000. However, I only charge Special Price of S$698.

Thus, for each seminar participant, I provided a Market Subsidy of at least S$2,302.....therefore, the more seminar participants there are, the more deficits I incurred.....so if 100 people attended, I would have incurred deficit of S$230,200!!!
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.