Why NOT be Financially Free instead of ONLY debt-FREE?

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Why NOT be Financially Free instead of ONLY debt-FREE?

Post by Dennis Ng »

Most people are not financially educated and their parents are not financially educated as well.

Thus, their mindset and actions lead them to make financial decisions that lead to them NOT having enough money to retire.

I'm aged 40 this year. 6 years ago I saved up about S$250,000, and I had outstanding Housing Loan of S$200,000. If I had followed the advice "Be debt free as soon as possible" given by most Financial Planning books, I would have used my cash to pay off my Housing Loan and ended up with S$50,000 Cash then and "happily" declared that I'm debt-free.

I didn't do that, instead I used S$200,000 to Invest instead, and used the S$50,000 as a "Just in Case" fund (emergency fund).

Today because of that decision, I still owe Housing Loan outstanding of S$130,000. Technically I'm not debt-free.

However, today I have investible funds of about S$1.38 million.....as I grew the money instead. (I'm ACTUALLY debt-free since I have 10 times the money to pay off my Housing Loan if I want to).

I'm not debt-free but I'm financially FREE, which is better than debt-free. Many Rich people are not debt-free but they are financially free. Many Average Middle Class Singaporeans are debt-free but NOT financially free. If they lose their income for more than 1 year, they will be in financial trouble though they have a house fully paid for.

It's time that people really learn the Mndset of the Rich and what the Rich really DO to become Richer.

These are topics and strategies I teach in the full-day Seminar "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars", which I only charge S$98 instead of S$998 or even more money to teach.

Because my motivation to Teach is to help more people become Financially Educated so that they can Learn how to Grow their money to become Financially FREE.

I'm financially free meaning that even if I decide to stop working tomorrow (retire), each month, there'll be enough money coming in to sustain my lifestyle and my family for as Long as they Live (yes, I can be gone tomorrow and my family will not be affected)...

This is Far better than ONLY to be Debt-Free and NOT financially free. I hope by now you can tell the difference. If you can't, it just shows that you need to raise your Financial Literacy level.

As one of my mentors once shared with me:” Investment in Knowledge Reaps the Best Returns!”

To confirm your seat now, just click on the "url below:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

Lunch & 2 Tea Breaks are provided, inclusive of Course Materials of over 100 pages!

Date: 16 Jan 2010 (Sat)

Venue: SMU, School of Economics and Social Sciences,
Level 5, Classrom 5.2, 90 Stamford Road

(Opposite Rendevous Hotel)

If you drive, please park Rendevous Hotel, Plaza by the Park or YMCA. Car park is also available at SMU School of Business (S$3 per entry on weekends).

Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.