DownTown Line (DTL) in the East

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

kelly wee
Gold Forum Contributor

DownTown Line (DTL) in the East

Post by kelly wee »

Hi Dennis,

I hv relatives who live in the east area where LTA is going to built the DTL. Happen that the DTL is right under his block. Heard he says that LTA had sent officer to the block to inspect due to residents complaint of wall cracking. But the good news is the new DTL is just 100m away or abt a distance of 1 bus-stop.

So my question is will the future valuation will be affected due to the cracks probably cos by the under tunnel works. Of course nobody will knows if more cracks will shown later. But hope it will stop after building the DTL.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: DownTown Line (DTL) in the East

Post by Dennis Ng »

kelly wee wrote:Hi Dennis,

I hv relatives who live in the east area where LTA is going to built the DTL. Happen that the DTL is right under his block. Heard he says that LTA had sent officer to the block to inspect due to residents complaint of wall cracking. But the good news is the new DTL is just 100m away or abt a distance of 1 bus-stop.

So my question is will the future valuation will be affected due to the cracks probably cos by the under tunnel works. Of course nobody will knows if more cracks will shown later. But hope it will stop after building the DTL.
Hi kelly wee,
if any damage caused by construction of MRT should be rectified by LTA. So while construction is going on, it might affect the value of the property adversely, but when it is completed, the MRT station should have a positive impact on prices.

So it is likely to be a case of Suffer now, benefit later.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
kelly wee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by kelly wee »

Hi Dennis,

Tks for the reply.

gd day. :)
sheiwah
Silver Forum Contributor

where is this place?

Post by sheiwah »

hi kelly, do you mind sharing where is this block?
kelly wee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by kelly wee »

Dear sheiwah,

Sure. The affected area is in Tampines near st. 42. The future DTL is undertunnel and will be opposite the current tampines junior college. And the xhange terminal at current tampines mrt.
sheiwah
Silver Forum Contributor

thanks!

Post by sheiwah »

thanks!