Property Seminar Query Withdrawal Limit

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

hrj008

Property Seminar Query Withdrawal Limit

Post by hrj008 »

Hi Dennis Sifu,

I have a question about the withdrawal Limit for property using CPF.

If the property lease is more than 59 yrs eg 70yrs, would it also have a withdrawal limit base on the same calculation in the seminar or should it it be 120% valuation limit?

Does that withdrawal limit also apply to HDB flat since is it also 99yrs leases?

Regards,
HRJ008
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Property Seminar Query Withdrawal Limit

Post by Dennis Ng »

hrj008 wrote:Hi Dennis Sifu,

I have a question about the withdrawal Limit for property using CPF.

If the property lease is more than 59 yrs eg 70yrs, would it also have a withdrawal limit base on the same calculation in the seminar or should it it be 120% valuation limit?

Does that withdrawal limit also apply to HDB flat since is it also 99yrs leases?

Regards,
HRJ008
CPF withdrawal limit for private properties and HDB flats financed by banks is 120% for property purchase on or after 1 Jan 2008. If remaining lease is 60 years or less, max CPF withdrawal limit is 100% or lower depending on age of the buyer. The limit is imposed to set a maximum one can use CPF for a single property, applicable whether property is freehold or leasehold.

For HDB flat, only apply if HDB flat is financed by bank. You can re-read the notes again if not sure.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.