What happen to the last rally of stock market this time ?

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

patng8
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by patng8 »

Hi Dennis

I would also like to volunteer on the monthly mentoring session too so as to share and learn at the same time. But don't know whether its up to the standard to be in it or not.

Thanks
Patng8
Battleship wrote:Hi Dennis,

I would like to volunteer on the monthly mentoring session if you deem that it is appropriate. I'm just worried that I'm not good enough at this point of time.
Dennis Ng wrote:
KIASU wrote:Hi Dennis Sifu,

Would like to joined in your monthly mentoring Sessions.
Any requirement or we need to register ?

Thanks.
KS .
Hi Kiasu,
you mean you want to volunteer to be mentor?

Once we have set the date and time for mentoring sessions, we will inform all seminar graduates via email. It'll be held once a month, probably on a specific day every month, so that anyone interested, can just register to attend. Probably will be held at our Park Mall seminar venue.
Ms Tan
Investing Mentor

Re: What happen to the last rally of stock market this time

Post by Ms Tan »

Still remember about this time one year ago (Aug – Sep 2011), we were discussing about what happen to the last rally and were busy closing positions as the highly anticipated QE3 was not launched and stock market trend has reversed sharply.

A year later, QE3 is finally here with no end date, making it possibly the "last" rally. If you have been doing homework and discussing in this forum, you may have accumulated some good profit; or you may be still learning via paper trade; or you may be waiting for the right opportunity to invest, everybody has his/her own investment plan and personal goal.

For me, I started to re-enter the market with silver, oil, ETF and some stocks since Apr this year and also bought into gold, bonds, more stocks & more ETF about a month ago. By now, though some of them have been closed due to profit take trailing stop lost, the portfolio looks very healthy. Yesterday, I can see all my positions are in green (3 ETFs, 10 Stocks, 3 Commodities) with net gain ranging from 2% to 22% in each one of them, this is my first time experiencing a nice bull run with nothing in red ... for a day at least! To me, this is a golden opportunity window, I will continue to ride on the trend and take profit diligently and may buy more during minor correction until the trend reverses.

This "last" rally is finally here. I have learnt so much from MYF Forum over the past one year and have built up confidence to structure my own portfolio and develop my own investment strategy in equity market. I have learnt to read financial report (still learning, still need a lot of learning on this one), learnt that Stock Market is not logical - need TA, FA, PA, CSA …. Not Science but Art … , learnt how to detach emotion in investment, learnt how to cut lost and move on, learnt that it is not possible to not make mistake in investment but in a weather proof portfolio, this may be possible.

I am pleased with my transformation after graduating from Dennis’ Seminars and it is time to reflect and give graditude. Thank you Dennis’ selfless teaching and provided this forum for our continuous learning. I can now sleep well every night without having to worry about which direction the market moves and don't have to get upset about saving interest rate or salary increment can't beat inflation. I am really grateful that Patricia continues MYF so we can continue to learn and share, thank you Patricia!
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Re: What happen to the last rally of stock market this time

Post by candy_chia »

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for your inspirational sharing to prove to us that You CAN ACHIEVE Miracles when you BELIEVE".

I am sure I will be one of those to "stand on this stage" and declare that there is no more red ink in my portfolio next year.

Similar to what Alvin advocated, "The key is to UNDERSTAND YOURSELF and DO What you OUGHT to Do".

In addition, appreciate your initiative to provide daily motivational quote to AWAKEN THE GIANT within us!
Ms Tan wrote:
Yesterday, I can see all my positions are in green (3 ETFs, 10 Stocks, 3 Commodities) with net gain ranging from 2% to 22% in each one of them, this is my first time experiencing a nice bull run with nothing in red ... for a day at least! To me, this is a golden opportunity window, I will continue to ride on the trend and take profit diligently and may buy more during minor correction until the trend reverses.

This "last" rally is finally here. I have learnt so much from MYF Forum over the past one year and have built up confidence to structure my own portfolio and develop my own investment strategy in equity market.

I have learnt to read financial report (still learning, still need a lot of learning on this one), learnt that Stock Market is not logical - need TA, FA, PA, CSA …. Not Science but Art … , learnt how to detach emotion in investment, learnt how to cut lost and move on, learnt that it is not possible to not make mistake in investment but in a weather proof portfolio, this may be possible.

I am pleased with my transformation after graduating from Dennis’ Seminars and it is time to reflect and give graditude. Thank you Dennis’ selfless teaching and provided this forum for our continuous learning. I can now sleep well every night without having to worry about which direction the market moves and don't have to get upset about saving interest rate or salary increment can't beat inflation.

I am really grateful that Patricia continues MYF so we can continue to learn and share, thank you Patricia!