Frank Comments by Dennis Ng on various Topics

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Frank Comments by Dennis Ng on various Topics

Post by Dennis Ng »

Political Leaders typically need to say positive things. This is something we need to bear in mind when we read statements by Politicians.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Crisis is An Opportunity only for people with....

Post by Dennis Ng »

People say that Crisis is an Opportunity.

I disagree. A Crisis is only an Opportunity for those with Cash to invest.

Thus, logically, anyone who stay invested 100% would have no Cash to grab Opportunities that present in a Crisis.

Financial Planners and Bank Sales Staff will tell investors everyday is a Good day to invest. Why? Becos they want to sell you unit trusts everyday.

Anyone who invested in a China fund in year 2007 might be staring at 30% to 50% loss. Go ahead and tell them that everyday is a Good Day to Invest.

Anyone who warned the Public of a possible Crash in stocks last year some termed them as doomsayers.

So who really have Good Intention? A person who try to warn the public of dangers ahead or Bank Sales Staff who try to sell funds to investors every single day?
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Raising Cash Level

Post by Dennis Ng »

things (the Global economic conditions) are going to get worse before it gets better. Not sure how many times have I said this before. Some thought I was joking. some thought I was bragging. Some thought I'm a lame forecaster.

I was just trying to warn the Public. I've done it here, on Radio, on TV, in newspaper/magazine articles.

I've raised my Cash Level personally by selling most of my stocks and property. And I have urged the Public to raise Cash Level.

I've done my part. I've done all I could. That is all I can say with a clear conscience.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Read 13 April 2008 Sunday Times "Me and My Money Column" on page 23 about a Private Banker who used to believe in Buy and Hold and now changed his strategy. This is quite similar to my own personal investment learning journey.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

When is the Right Time to Buy Stocks in a Big Way?

Post by Dennis Ng »

the time to buy in a BIG way is probably when more and more countries' Governments admit that there'll be a recession. Now, most of the countries are still in denial, including the source of the Global Credit Problems, U.S. itself.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Forumers might recall that as early as July 2007 I already said that what we are facing has potential to develop into a Global Financial Crisis......recently, some other analyts have started saying this.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Should you buy Gold and Silver?

Post by Dennis Ng »

Buy some Gold and Silver as insurance against Inflation and an Uncertain Global Economic Climate.

I did this myself, not to make big money in Gold and Silver, but my 5% investment into Gold and Silver are "insurance".
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Only some dare to pursue their dreams.

Most people have given up on their dreams when they turn adult.

I've made my choice.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Dennis on Importance of Mindset and Self-belief

Post by Dennis Ng »

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right - Henry Ford.

Whatever Our Minds can Conceive and Believe in, we can Achieve - Napoleon Hill.

When the Student (mindset) is Ready, the Teacher Wll Appear.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

someone said:

Don't forget the govt plan to increase population to $6M in 7-10 years. WHere are the units to house these new people?

Dennis' comments:

well if that is your view you should be really out there buying up properties.

If I didn't remember wrongly, it is a 20 year-target. I don't expect much influx in next 2 years with Global Economy cooling down. In 6 to 12 months' time, we might even see retrenchment in Singapore. By then, more and more Singaporeans will be increasingly unhappy about foreigners taking up precious jobs.

Just my personal opinion. I don't have a crystal ball though.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

now that U.S. Fed almost done with interest rate cutting, stock prices might fall once again as well....DOW might drop below 12,000 points again, (it was as high as over 12,800 in recent "market recovery", or what I think was probably a "Bear Trap" instead.

Just my personal opinion.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

recently when Gold prices dropped to about US$850 and Silver dropped to US$16....I told some of my clients it might be a good opportunity to invest some money into Gold and Silver....

Now Gold prices is over US$920 and Silver Prices is about US$17...

With U.S Fed printing money like crazy, commodity prices are likely to trend higher, rather than lower.

Just my personal opinion.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Singapore might have a recession. Yes, you didn't hear wrongly, a Recession.

What is a Recession? A recession is defined as at least 2 quarters (6 months) of negative economic growth.

Latest' Government forecast put Singapore inflation for year 2008 to be 5% to 6%, while Singapore's Economic Growth is expected at 4% to 6% for year 2008.

If growth is 6% and inflation is 6%, that means 0% Real Economic Growth adjusted for inflation. If this is NOT recession, I don't know what is. Of course the word "Recession" is something dreaded and few governments in the World like to mention it at all.

Well, you might have read it first in this forum and nowhere else, in a few months' time, probably some newspapers would start discussion the possibilty of a recession in Singapore. At least you would know I did not say it in hindsight.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Dr Tony Tan says:"when you take care of the downside, the upside take care of itself."

Dennis Ng says:"The Number 1 question I ask myself is "what if I'm wrong?" "Will I be financially ok?"

(make sure you're financially prepared for the possibility that you're wrong).
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

and come to think of it, the thing shared in common by investors such as Oei Hong Leong and Warren Buffet is that they have Opportunity Fund.

This is what allows them to be able to buy into great investment opportunities when the Opportunity arise. They can only look and do nothing if they are 100% invested.
Cheers!