How not to work like a dog in the year of the dog?

Andy is a Business Coach and Trainer and is licensed by Action International, the world's no. 1 business coaching team. He leads a team of 3 coaches and trainers and conducts programs in Singapore, Malaysia, China and Indonesia. Andy's team conducts weekly seminars on 23 different business topics EVERY FRIDAY 2 pm to 6 pm. His Group Coaching Programs are highly popular and there is a waiting list.

Moderator: Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

How not to work like a dog in the year of the dog?

Post by Dennis Ng »

This is an interesting article written by Andy, an Action Business Coach based in Singapore. Just to share it with everyone.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
http://www.MotorInsuranceSG.com - we help you get best deal in Motor Insurance in Singapore!

Yes, according to the geomancers, the Year of the Dog will start on 1st Feb, the 4th day of the lunar new year (not the 29th Jan, the 1st day of the lunar new year that many have thought). This is also the most auspicious day to 'officially' start work.

If you have been working like a dog, just like many of us (myself included) do in the past, make a resolution not to work like a dog in the year of the dog! How to do it?

1. Focus on your core

Yes, it sounds so simple, but life is really that simple. Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses, because your strengths will bring you more results than your weaknesses.

2. Leverage, leverage, leverage

Until you leverage, you're simply working too hard for too little. Leverage means to achieve more with less, or to achieve more with the same resources.

There are only 4 things to leverage in life:
- Leverage through Money. I learnt this from Bob Procter, who taught us that we must love people and make use of money. Not the other way round.

- Leverage through People. Work with people to achieve what you want, not merely work for people or get people to work for you. Whether you're getting work done with your subordinates or superiors, work with them. This means work out with them on the issues that they care. Like instead of telling your subordinates to achieve the company's goals, ask them what are their personal goals. Then work with them on achieving their personal goals. Link achieving their personal goals to that of achieving the company's goals. This method is very powerful and works.

- Leverage through Marketing. This must be the most common leverage. Like telemarketing. Just get a person to call up people in your target market and you'll sure to get some new business. We can help you to train your telemarketer and help create 'sure-sell' scripts. In addition, we have in our library over 419 marketing strategies that you can pick and choose.

- Leverage through Systems. Systemize the routine tasks so that the next time you do it, you'll spend less time. This is because SYSTEM simply means 'Save Your Self Time Energy and Money'.

If you are in business, leverage through your suppliers, customers, bankers, consultants and other parties. Like instead of paying cash to overseas suppliers, use back-to-back LC. Ask from people that you know

If you are ready for some help, get a coach. An outside perspective and the knowledge of an expert business coach or sales coach can often create massive results! Put your time and effort where they will yield the results! To get started, just send me an email or call me at 9743-4419.

Our next Dynamic Group Coaching program starts on 8th Feb. Wednesday 7 pm to 9.30 pm. At each session, the Business Coach will lead the discussion and help you move your business to the next level, through our "Eric Dombach's Ladder", where you'll achieve massive results, over a period of 3 months of 7 sessions. Venue is at Plaza Hotel #02-327 at 7500A Beach Road. Enroll now and get a 17% discount or save over $198. Reply to this email or call Andy at 9743-4419 NOW.

3. Focus on those markets where you'll earn more.

About the Submitter: Andy Ng is a Business Coach and Trainer and is licensed by Action International, the world's no. 1 business coaching team. His team of 3 coaches and trainers conducts programs in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Brunei, China and Indonesia. Visit www.higherprofitsaction.com Andy's team conducts weekly seminars on 30 different business topics EVERY FRIDAY 2 pm to 6 pm. His Group Coaching Programs are highly popular and there is a waiting list. Email to andyng@action-international.com or call him at 6225-1784 now!
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.