Buying Executive Condo (Blossom) in Bukit Panjang

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Ax wrote:Dennis,

A question.. for EC, I understand we cannot take HDB loan... can only take up bank loan..

however, for bank housing loans, from what I understand, the interest rate will not be flat at 2.6% like the HDB housing loan...

Right now, we are having record low interest rates.. however such low interest rates wont prevail forever.. so how do we actually calculate how much money we need for monthly installment if we are going to take a loan of 30 yrs? average 3-4% interest?
Hi Ax,
who say HDB's interest rate is fixed at 2.6%? It's just another commonly held Misconception.

In 1999, HDB Concessionary Rate Housing Loan interest rate was 4.41%, I know becos I paid that in 1999.

Just go to www.HousingLoanSG.com

Use the loan calculator link below, to be safe, you can just use 4% as the interest rate for the Housing Loan.

http://www.housingloansg.com/web/index. ... &Itemid=38
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Ax
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by Ax »

Thanks Dennis. Found out that e hdb interest rate is pegged to plus 0.1% of prevailing cpf interest rate.
kakashi78
Senior Forum Member

Post by kakashi78 »

Hi Dennis Sifu,

Understand from your staff that some bank like ANZ offer housing loan such as average of sibor and SOR plus 0.75% interest rate. Is it better than just pegged to sibor or SOR only? Thanks
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

kakashi78 wrote:Hi Dennis Sifu,

Understand from your staff that some bank like ANZ offer housing loan such as average of sibor and SOR plus 0.75% interest rate. Is it better than just pegged to sibor or SOR only? Thanks
Hi kakashi78,
not necessarily better. Just another type of package, that's all.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.