4th MasterYourFinance.com Gathering

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

stanlee wrote:
Hi Dennis,

dont mind if you can share how you brought up your kids? what kind of expectation you have on them and do you pressurise them to get good results in order to get into good school?

thanks.
Hi stanlee,
no one taught us how to bring up kids. I used to read books on parenting before my first child was born. Then the first child came, we coped as we go along.

And by the time we are ready for 2nd child, we thought we become more experienced parents. Then the 2nd son came, and he turns out to be very different from the elder brother, and we realised that some assumptions we learned along the way are all wrong again...

To my wife and myself, the most important thing is the children must like to learn. Both of our parents did NOT forced us to study and we are both not from very good Primary schools, so we had NO alumni links to offer our children.

We try NOT to be kiasu parents, but with many kiasu parents around, by being not kiasu, it might actually do our children harm if they cannot keep up with their classmates...

Nowadays, relying on what the teacher teach in school is NOT enough. I think this is a very serious problem that MOE should look into. This should NOT be the case, enrichment and tuition and supplementary lessons should be supplementary, and NOT Necessary. But under the current system, they are Necessary becos the Schools does NOT teach enough for the children to excel in the exams set by the schools themselves. How ironical?

So I don't dare to say I have any tip I can share with you how to bring up children. I'm still bringing up mine to the best of my capability, and most importantly, I want to share and inculcate in them the Right Values. In the last month or so, I also realise the responsibility and importance for me to share and inculcate the Right Values with my seminar graduates.

Becos without the Right values, you might learn to become Rich at the expense of others. The Real Formula for Wealth shows us that this IS NOT NECESSARY at all. That it is possible for everyone to get Richer and the world be a Better place if everyone practise and apply the Real Formula for Wealth.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
lop
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lop »

Dennis Ng wrote: Nowadays, relying on what the teacher teach in school is NOT enough. I think this is a very serious problem that MOE should look into. This should NOT be the case, enrichment and tuition and supplementary lessons should be supplementary, and NOT Necessary. But under the current system, they are Necessary becos the Schools does NOT teach enough for the children to excel in the exams set by the schools themselves. How ironical?
I agree to the above. Both my children are in the GEP which they claimed to have the best teachers, we still have to spend a lot of times to teach our children. MOE slogan: "Teach less and learn more (by yourself !!!!)"
KOWong
Senior Forum Member

Post by KOWong »

Hi Jimmy,

I'm also very much interested in learning more about 易经/八卦/五行 etc. Is the teacher you mentioned good (and cheap :P) ? Or would it be best to learn from books or the Internet?

Cheers.
JIMMYKKL wrote:Hi Equilat,

wad i know there are many forums around and in English.

definitely there are books in English too but i prefer Chinese as i understand and think it should be more authentic.

my young teacher style is very modern & simple and she also conduct in English to few "jia kantan one". her notes is in English.

i somehow already read up too much & become a hindrance in coming back to her simple method of just cast a hexagram sincerely & interprete it using her notes. it may take many practices (trial & error) to slowlly come to a meeting with the Universe wad it is telling u.

cheers.
stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by stanlee »

Hi Dennis,

thanks for sharing. yes agreed we live in ironical and infact upside down world as one of the graduates shares.. so its even more important for us to live with Right values and hopefully we can change the society..

Famous quote from Michael Ellner
- ‘Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyer destroys justice, universities destroy knowledge, government destroys freedom, the major media destroys information and religions destroy spirituality.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

stanlee wrote:Hi Dennis,

thanks for sharing. yes agreed we live in ironical and infact upside down world as one of the graduates shares.. so its even more important for us to live with Right values and hopefully we can change the society..

Famous quote from Michael Ellner
- ‘Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyer destroys justice, universities destroy knowledge, government destroys freedom, the major media destroys information and religions destroy spirituality.
Hi stanlee,
yes, I'm so glad that you're joining the Force for Good.

For everyone else out there, we need to ask ourselves, do we want to be like most people, selfish and self-centred?

We change the world by changing ourselves first. When we change ourselves, we can then start influencing and changing those around us.

We cannot give excuse that what's the point of us changing when everyone else is NOT changing?

We cannot control what others think or do. We can only control what we think and Do.

We need to awaken. I'm awakened and I do NOT want to go back to living unconsciously.

We don't need to be selfish. The REAL Formula for wealth shows clearly how to become Wealthier, it is about Serving MORE People, it is about Increasing Value Add to People (and Society)...NO part of the formula requires us to be selfish.

I am practising the formula for the last 2 years, and have increased my income by over 200% when I apply the formula. So it works, I know becos it worked for me.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

Even the largest preschool, PCF (People Community Foundation) by PAP also advocate"Teach less and learn more".

My friend's son who is in K1 this year, doesn't even know simple spelling like cat or dog as there is no spelling in school. This makes me wonder how kids will be able to "catch up" with their classmates who come from private kindergarten or childcare centre when they are in P1.

My son who attended PCF 6 years ago had weekly spelling when he was in K1 , but still needed to send him to Kumon as he lag behind in his P1 schoolwork.
lop wrote:
Dennis Ng wrote: Nowadays, relying on what the teacher teach in school is NOT enough. I think this is a very serious problem that MOE should look into. This should NOT be the case, enrichment and tuition and supplementary lessons should be supplementary, and NOT Necessary. But under the current system, they are Necessary becos the Schools does NOT teach enough for the children to excel in the exams set by the schools themselves. How ironical?
I agree to the above. Both my children are in the GEP which they claimed to have the best teachers, we still have to spend a lot of times to teach our children. MOE slogan: "Teach less and learn more (by yourself !!!!)"
JIMMYKKL
Investing Mentor

Post by JIMMYKKL »

I'm also very much interested in learning more about 易经/八卦/五行 etc. Is the teacher you mentioned good (and cheap ) ? Or would it be best to learn from books or the Internet?
hi,
i think good & cheap is very subjective.
there is a old saying in hokkien "先生人,主人缘“ (literally mean u met the right doctor if u had that fate)
i did not really look for it. it was after CNY 2011, the reader i went to since 1996 stop taking my appt. my style is i do not like to beg or impose people and take it that our fate ended there. i started watching youtubes and reading up and realised i seems to be able to understand 易经/八卦 now, unlike before. so juz bounce n bounce n bounce and ended up knowing and learning from this young teacher.
i will still recommend u read up a little bit first before deciding further. my recommendation is still 南怀瑾的易经杂说 - http://www.shixiu.net/nanshi/zhuzuo/yjzs/index.shtml & 曾仕強教授的youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzqpz7af ... redirect=1.
i extremely like master nan and this will provide you a free headstart to size up further if it is for u.
i dun wana talk much about my teacher here in case i m branded as selling "koyoh" like the man with the solution. haha.
i m not in Spore now n if u still wish to know more, u can pm me n i will tell u more after i back to Spore.
cheers.
----------------------------------------------
just sharing, not advising
ongbilly

Post by ongbilly »

Personally I feel there is no 100% method in bringing up the best of our children as both children and parents are all different and unique individuals with different temperament in characteristics.

My experience as a parent of two children currently in tertiary education is other then academic pursuit,providing additional tuition,I realised that having sports other then just studying onlyis equally important whether it is martial art,swimming or any sports do mould their character as strong and confidence human beings yet with humilty(they win sometimes and lose sometimes.)

Last but not least plenty of emotional support in good times and during their down times doe build a very strong relationship between parent and child.

They will automaticaly want to do better in whatever they endeavor as they want you as their parents to be proud of their achievement.
danielcheng
Investing Mentor

Post by danielcheng »

The best advice Warren Buffett ever received

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2-syAt ... re=related
AdrianChua
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by AdrianChua »

AdrianChua wrote:

Beatles sang it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk

All You Need Is Love - Lyrics
Steve Jobs mentioned Beatles as his way of looking at business, his love for his work. The new CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, shared with us many stories about his experience working along with Steve Jobs.

Watch this video that was recorded live and feel the wonderful journey of Steve Jobs.

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1 ... index.html
Adrian Chua

Twitter: @adrianchua9
Facebook: adrian.xplore

Join our facebook group to learn tricks and tips on iPhone/iPad/Mac, "iPhone/iPad/Mac users in SG"
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I found this posting by a seminar graduate, decided to share it here:

http://myseminarexperience.blogspot.com ... ennis.html

Monday, October 3, 2011
MasterYourFinance 03 Oct 2011 by Dennis Ng and CMC
CMC introduced Contract for Difference (CFD)

The attractive advantage of using CFD instead of traditional stock purchase is the commission charge is 0.1% vs online traditional stock purchase 0.275%
There is no minimum commission charge. Normal trade charge minimum $25.00

Market maker provide the liquidity of the markets. CFD not only for SGX stocks , you can trade forex, commodities, indices, etc.

Note there is no commission charges on forex, indices.

Manage your trade with stop loss order and profit target order.

Hedging your position using CFD
Hedging means you are very confident the stock you are holding will eventually go up . But to prevent the pain of seeing the value of stock drop everyday, you can take advantage to lock in your profit / loss.
Example you are holding SGX stock. You can sell in CFD as it allows short position. Or you sell first before you purchase.
By shorting position in CFD , you are effectively not affected by market movement.
if the SGX stock price move down further, you will continue to see your SGX stock value drop further. However, as you have short position in CFD, you will see the profit building up as you continue to hold short position. Therefore, overall net wealth is you have your SGX stock value drop being covered by your profit made in CFD short position.

Hedging your position only for a short period of uncertainty.

Hedge when you are in doubt.

Don't hedge all the time.

The beauty of CFD is it allows you to take profit on market downward move too, beside the tradition way of taking profit on market upward move.

Perfect hedge is when you have 10,000 shares of Capitaland, you can short position in CFD 10,000 shares.

Imperfect hedge is using correlated or inverse related products to hedge your Capitaland.

High volatility = great trading opportunity . Not great for investment, but great for trading.

Pair Trading refers to having long position and short position of two different products which maybe within the same sector industry.

Example Singtel and Starhub. Singtel is more stable, STI move up, Singtel did not move up much. STI move down, Singtel did not move down much. Starhub move up or down more.
You can buy Singtel and sell Starhub in anticipation of Downward move.

You use the following factors to make your trading decision
1) Fundamental Analysis
2) Technical Analysis
3) Price Correlation products

Example long USDCHF and short USDJPY

Example long Yangzijiang and short Cosco Corp when Cosco Corp seem overprice than Yanzijiang.

Example long Apple and short Nasdaq

Speaker above by CMC educator.

The next global Financial Crisis already started.
QE3 coming?
Yes, but more likely to delay as that is Fed last bullet to revive their economy.

US govt bond not risk free asset anymore.
Statistic shows American household earn less than $21,000 , make up of 21% of population.

Unemployment 9.1%. More people may not afford to pay their mortgage.
Stock down , bond price up. US dollar up.
Gold down, Silver down.

Year 2012 World will wake up that US bond is risky asset.

US economy continues to be weak.
US will be forced to print money or QE3

Demographic an indicator that US economy unlikely to recover.
Aging population in US too. US baby boomber 1945-1962. The youngest baby boomer is already 49 years old. low consumption lifestyle. How is US going to simulate their economy.

Singapore welcome 100,000 immigrants last year. Singapore solution to their aging population demographic.

Before QE1 & QE2.
US govt bond is purchase by
10% from Federal Reserve
40% from US nationality
50% from foreigner . Top buyers of US govt bond are China and Japan. Singapore bought about $57billion (about 1/3 of our reserve.) Singapore rank number 12th in US govt buyer.

QE1 & QE2 US govt bond issue.
30% foreigners
70% Fed.

QE3. Who is buying?
China worried that US dollar continue to weaken.
Japan having earthquake may not buy from China.

China already has 40% reserve with US govt bond.

More likely only 10-20% foreigner buying should there be QE3.

Bill gross , the Warren Buffet of bond market, said US govt bond is Ponzi scheme.

When there is no buyer for bond, bond prices will fall, which means the bond yield will increase. Interest rate increase, inflation increase, commodities price increase.

US Federal Reserve likely to be forced to increase interest rate.

Bond crash. Interest rate rise further up.

Greece bond used to have bond yield 3%. Last year jumped 6%. Now 20%.
Greece will definitely bankrupt.

Euro bond 3%

Greece only represent 1% of Europe economy.

Italy and Spain represent 20% of European economy or 5% of world economy.

Should Greece collapse, people fear the next to collapse will be Italy and Spain. That is what scare people.

European Central Bank (ECB) trying to prevent Greece to fall, so as to prevent panic and fear of Italy and Spain collapse.

Just like Lehman collapse, the next to watch AIG.

Companies profit down, stock prices crash!
US$ weaken further.
Inflation rise, interest rate rise, global economy slows down.
US Bond market crashed.
Global stock market crashed.
Property market ? down 30% .

Last crisis in 2008
Government did the following
1) Print money
2) Lower interest rate to 0.25%

Recent action. Operation twist. Sell short term bond and buy long term bond . Purpose is to prevent interest rate from rising. Keep corporate rate down. Bank rate down.

But inflation may trigger and let loose. Interest rate must go up to curb inflation.

Don't buy US property. US property prices going to move down further.

Don't buy Philipines properties. I don't understand why Singaporean buying Philippines properties when Fillipinos themselve don't want to buy, they prefer to buy Singapore property.

Don't buy commerical property. Tai seng property can give 6% rental yield. Now. 5 months after TOP still cannot rent out.

Better to collapse the debt ridden countries NOW than later. NOW only half Financial institutions and bank collapse. if later, the whole world may be dragged down together.

Expect more financial institutions to collapse in 2012.

3) In the last crisis 2008, inflation is low.
Currently, inflation going up. Rice three years ago cost $5.00. Now rice cost $15.00. 300% increase.
inflation rate in Singapore 5.4%. China 6.2% . Vietnam 22%.

4) PIGS small problems. Portugal, Ireland Greece are small problems. What we need to fear are Italy and Spain. if they fall, Eurozone will break loose.

last crisis 2008 is only a shower. The big market crash in 2012 likely to be more severe.

Gold Silver ratio lowest 16 in 1980. Highest 89. Average 30.
Gold 850 silver 50. 850 divide 50 is 16.
Gold price $1500 silver $50

if gold price $2000, silver $70

Silver support 34. Trend investing.

When stock down all down together. There is no point in diversification.
Singapore down, Hongkong down, US down, UK down.
Some Financial Institutions will collapse.
BOA may collapse.

fscs.org.uk
UK endowment protect your capital up to 90%.
GBP/SGD is supported at 2.00.

Double dip recession . negative growth
Depression ? no growth, sharp falling price. Example buy $100,000. now value $1000
Deflation (like Japan). no growth, gradual falling price. Example buy $100,000, now value $97,500.

Stagflation is what many people fear. no growth, high inflation.

It is not easy to sell your $1million worth of stock especially 2-3% drop is $20,000-$30,000 loss.

Pertama worth $30,000 still holding.

What is the cause of financial crisis?
What is the cause of global climate crisis?
Why do human beings have children?

The cause of financial crisis is GREED. if people are not greed, there will not be usage of leverage. sub prime crisis.

The cause of global climate crisis is GREED. Singapore experience haze due to Indonesia buring forest. They did not almost every year. They did not want to chop the forest and drag the tree truck away. Too much work, labour cost expensive. The easy way is to burn it. Save on cost. Higher profit. GREED.

When people are selfish , it is the end of the world.
Selfish = GREED.

When your child in danger, parents will rush to save the child. This is act of selfless love.

The world will be save if everyone is selfless.

When can you want to start selfless love act.

What is the formula for wealth?
Number of people you serve x value add x frequency. no. of times you serve. Less cost. is wealth.

Humanity is the priority.
Plant need to be watered, nutured.
Water need to be treasured. don't pollute it.

How to have everything you want in life?
Formula is simple.
Give whatever you seek.
If you want a smile, give a smile.
Want money, give money.
Universal law of cause and effect.

Dennis has arranged for his friend Yip Khiong to teach you Secrets to Technical Analysis Special Price of $898 for 2 full days. 12 & 13 Nov 2011. (Usual Price is S$1,598).

Note: 12 and 13 Nov 2011 session is full house. Next session is on 3 and 4 Dec 2011, please email to taseminar@MasterYourFinance.com your name, mobile number if interested to register for the session.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Found another blog post by another seminar graduate, sharing it here. If the author minds, please let me know and I can remove this posting.

I feel really happy as some of the seminar graduates are actively sharing what they learned with the public, so that together, we can help to educate more people out there.

http://ivanismyname.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

it is 12 midnight, and it has been a long time since i blogged at such a late timing.

i have just returned from a "Graduate Seminar" hosted by Dennis Ng.

just a brief recap, i attended Dennis Ng (a local self made millionaire) seminar in May, which comprises of 3 parts...(i've attended 2 out of 3).

so once a while, probably every quarter or 1/2 yearly, he will host a gathering session where his seminars' graduate will gather, and listen to him sharing his views and analysis of what is going to happen.

perhaps some of you maybe skeptical about what he says, but if you put in a deeper thoughts, you will find that he make sense. ultimately, this is a guy who have seen the market go up and down, and have grown to his riches using his analytical thinking skills.

as he have mentioned before "everybody has their own opinions, but not all are worth listening. only follow those who have succeeded".

this is very true....given the current stock market turmoil, i hear various reasons of people entering the market...some are right, while many are not. (pls dun take it that i'm trying to show off after attending his seminars, i'm just trying to share my thoughts in as friendly way as possible).

ok...so i've just returned from his 4th graduate gathering, or my 1st graduate gathering since i get to know him only middle of this year.

the topic for this gathering is

The NEXT Global Financial Crisis has already started, and what can you can do from now onwards?

QE 3 or Quantitative Easing 3, what is it, will it be here?
Global Stock Markets, where do we go from here?
Gold and Silver, where do we go from here?
Will there be a double-dip Recession? A Depression or Stagflation? What might any of these scenario mean to you?
What are the Signs and Signals to look out for? What can you do to prepare for the NEXT Global Financial Crisis?
What's the Cause of the Financial Crisis? What can be done to Solve the Financial Crisis? What can you do to help?

_______

while i have been following closely to his forum, which is a good source of information exchange (www.masteryourfinance.com), the revisit of some issues around the world really paints a pessimistic view of the years ahead.

the conclusion from the 3 hrs sharing is

the next financial crisis is coming (or has already started without you knowing), and it is going to be more painful than the 2008 crisis, and it is going to last long....

I will try to share what Dennis shared, and share what i read from the forum all this while, and explain in my simple terms what will trigger the next crisis:

1) The US contributes 20+ % to the global economy, and Europe as a whole contributes another 20% to the global economy.

these 2 giants are contributing to almost 1/2 the world economy, and if these 2 giants are to go into a economy crisis, it is macham the whole world will get into a economic crisis.

(due to globalization, everybody is linked to each other, no 1 can siam, it's only how hard you kanna hit)

China contributes only 10% to global economy, while Japan another 7%...so these economies ain't gonna help to rescue the world.

2) there are already clear signs that US and Europe are getting into trouble.

US:

70% of the US economy is driven by internal consumption, i.e. the Americans buy their own product and services, and boosting their own economy.

however, US unemployment rate has stubbornly remained at 9% since the Lehman brother episode in 2008.

now you see the start of the vicious cycle

>>>pple no job >>> pple don't spend $$ >>> bizness become poor >>> bizness don't employ pple/ lay off more pple >>> unemployment stays or go higher >> go back to the start of the loop!!!!

and all the jobs stimulus packaged rolled out by Obama has failed to encourage hiring!!!

if you read the news, you'll be surprised that even Goldman Sach, which is earning profit, is planning to lay off thousands of people from their US operation outlets. (heng i heard they are coming to expand in Singapore..haha)

so according to Dennis....the US Economy will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER recover! (3 times emphasizing NEVER)

next look @ Europe:

the Eurozone dream will probably be over next yr....i.e. Eurzone will disintegrate...

the weakest links in the Eurozone right now are call PIGS

not the "PIGS" which we get pork from, but PIGS = Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain.

Greece has been hitting the news since last yr.

everytime they appear on the news, stocks will drop like bird shit falling from the sky....

Greece is technically BANKRUPT! how scary right. we've heard people getting bankrupt, but country going bankrupt? my goodness...

the Euro bigger brothers , such as Germany and France, are desperately trying to save their weaker brothers from going into a Default

Default means they cannot pay their bills in time.

if you know how these bugger are playing around, they are just trying to loan more $, to pay back their existing loans...

so it's a never ending loop

all voice down to their poor governance, which resulted in more Spending than earning! i've read an article in CNBC which disgusted me on how the actions of these countries have brought the world into such dire situation right now.

so why Greece get into the current sibei jialat situation, that's where you must know how bond works

Bond is like borrowing $ from investors and in return, pay you interest..

for Greece, as i've mention, they keep borrowing new $ to pay back their old loans. from what i read via various forums and website, Greece was badly hurt in the 2008 financial crisis, and it became worse after that.

they got into greater debts as their credit ratings get downgraded. When credit ratings get downgraded, the bond yield will rise.

this means, investors are asking for more interest since your bond is seen as "less safe" than before. this is Economics 101.

so now on 1 hand, they still have a lot old loans to pay, and on the other hand, the borrowing cost have increased significantly (due to increase interest rate on its bonds).

so they have reach a stage they need RESCUE package from their Euro brothers to lend them $ to pay back their old loans, since they can't keep taking new expensive loans.

so that's how the Greece chapter came about.

Dennis views are that it's just a matter of time, when Spain and Portugal will ask for HELP !

"So far, 3 out of the 4 PIGS are already in trouble, the good news is these 3 PIGs are "small", in terms of their economies as compared to the whole of Euro Zone.

However, Spain is ranked No. 4 and Italy is ranked No. 3 in terms of size of economy. In my opinion, it is just a matter of time Spain might get into trouble, and when that happens, I think the 2 Richest countries Germany and France might think twice about rescuing Spain and this might lead to the disintegration and break up of Euro Zone"

and his views are this may take place in 2012....

now, that shows how jialat the top 2 leading economies in the world are right now...

so what will cause the next crisis ?

according to Dennis, that will be caused by a crash in US bond market.

this will be very lengthy explanation.

instead of me typing out, i manage to find 1 article which explains Dennis opinion. don't need bother who came out with the analysis earlier. the fact that if another person also thinks so, and the person is of good credentials, then we should think deeper

please read this link for more info on the upcoming bond crash

https://transitionnow.wordpress.com/201 ... ket-crash/
Cheers!