Different property groups

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Different property groups

Post by dragon »

Hi Dennis,

In newspaper reports, the property market analysts always mention 3 different groupings of condos: high-end, mid-tier and mass-market. May I pls know whether they are grouped according to PSF value or District (eg. 11) or Region (eg. Core Central Region)? Perhaps from the following I will be able to learn from you better:
1) high-end is defined as:
2) mid-tier is defined as:
3) mass-market is defined as:

Separately, may I pls know whether Sentosa and Marina Bay are part of the Core Central Region? Thanx in advance! :-)
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Different property groups

Post by Dennis Ng »

dragon wrote:Hi Dennis,

In newspaper reports, the property market analysts always mention 3 different groupings of condos: high-end, mid-tier and mass-market. May I pls know whether they are grouped according to PSF value or District (eg. 11) or Region (eg. Core Central Region)? Perhaps from the following I will be able to learn from you better:

Separately, may I pls know whether Sentosa and Marina Bay are part of the Core Central Region? Thanx in advance! :-)
There is no specific definition actually.

Traditionally, high end refers to district 9 and 10, now it also includes Marina and area near Sentosa. High end also typically means properties selling at psf over S$2,000. Yes, I think they include Sentosa and Marina into the Core Central region.

Mid-tier refers to properties selling between S$1,000 to less than S$2,000.

Mass market means anything selling below S$1,000 psf. Also typically refers to suburban condos.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

Dennis Ng wrote:
dragon wrote:Hi Dennis,

There is no specific definition actually.

Traditionally, high end refers to district 9 and 10, now it also includes Marina and area near Sentosa. High end also typically means properties selling at psf over S$2,000. Yes, I think they include Sentosa and Marina into the Core Central region.

Mid-tier refers to properties selling between S$1,000 to less than S$2,000.

Mass market means anything selling below S$1,000 psf. Also typically refers to suburban condos.
I understand now, thanx Dennis! :-)
ui21cn
Investing Mentor

Post by ui21cn »

"Separately, may I pls know whether Sentosa and Marina Bay are part of the Core Central Region? Thanx in advance!"

With reference to the MasterPlan:-
There is Central Region and within the central region there is Central Area :)

Marina Bay is part of the Central Area ( core central ) but Sentosa is in the Central Region ( not core central ).
For URA pricing data, they use Core Central Region which cover downtown core, D9,10,11 and Sentosa.
Gues it life more interesting right :o
The area does affect the over-all pricing but it is very much depend on each individual development attractiveness

Rgds,
Wei Teck
Last edited by ui21cn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danielcheng
Investing Mentor

Post by danielcheng »

Frankly, i view Sentosa as being "special" and harder to draw comparison. that's why it's the only place a foreigner can buy a piece of landed property.

The target audience may not be the same as those in mainland Singapore(may even not be dist9&10) and the convenience of being "central" is not important. I've been there for dinners and for me, it is super inconvenient from an average Singaporean's perspective.

But, I guess the attributes of what the rich buyers see there could be for investment, luxury, exclusivity, lifestyle, a boastful address to differential etc..

Infact of late, the sales and transactions over there had tapered a lot too.