The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

Post by Dennis Ng »

In the 2-day Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar, I shared that resignation of CFO can be a warning signal that something might be wrong with a listed company.

Above is just a list of possible Warning Signals which I teach in the seminar. I only teach things that I have personally experienced and tested work, I don't teach theory which might not be applicable in Real Life, Real Markets.

Yesterday, Olam's CFO resigned and the share price fell by about 5%.

This info is something anyone who hold Olam or considering to buy Olam shares should take note and consider.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Olam shares fall after CFO resigns

SINGAPORE, June 21 | Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17pm EDT

(Reuters) - Shares of Olam International Ltd fell as much as 4.6 percent on Thursday after the Singapore commodity trader said its chief financial officer has resigned.

By 0106 GMT, Olam shares were 3.1 percent lower at S$1.90, with 5 million shares traded, making it the most actively traded stock by value.

Olam's CFO Ravi Kumar is leaving the company at the end of July to pursue a career outside the agri-commodity sector, it said. Kumar has led the corporate finance and treasury function for Olam for almost 20 years, the company said in a statement. (Reporting by Charmian Kok; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

found this blog post by a seminar graduate. He summarised very nicely what I shared about the Next Global Financial Crisis in our Seminar Graduates' Gathering Seminar held in Sep 2011.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

http://ivanismyname.blogspot.sg/2011_09_01_archive.html

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

it is 12 midnight, and it has been a long time since i blogged at such a late timing.

i have just returned from a "Graduate Seminar" hosted by Dennis Ng.

just a brief recap, i attended Dennis Ng (a local self made millionaire) seminar in May, which comprises of 3 parts...(i've attended 2 out of 3).

so once a while, probably every quarter or 1/2 yearly, he will host a gathering session where his seminars' graduate will gather, and listen to him sharing his views and analysis of what is going to happen.

perhaps some of you maybe skeptical about what he says, but if you put in a deeper thoughts, you will find that he make sense. ultimately, this is a guy who have seen the market go up and down, and have grown to his riches using his analytical thinking skills.

as he have mentioned before "everybody has their own opinions, but not all are worth listening. only follow those who have succeeded".

this is very true....given the current stock market turmoil, i hear various reasons of people entering the market...some are right, while many are not. (pls dun take it that i'm trying to show off after attending his seminars, i'm just trying to share my thoughts in as friendly way as possible).

ok...so i've just returned from his 4th graduate gathering, or my 1st graduate gathering since i get to know him only middle of this year.

the topic for this gathering is

The NEXT Global Financial Crisis has already started, and what can you can do from now onwards?

QE 3 or Quantitative Easing 3, what is it, will it be here?
Global Stock Markets, where do we go from here?
Gold and Silver, where do we go from here?
Will there be a double-dip Recession? A Depression or Stagflation? What might any of these scenario mean to you?
What are the Signs and Signals to look out for? What can you do to prepare for the NEXT Global Financial Crisis?
What's the Cause of the Financial Crisis? What can be done to Solve the Financial Crisis? What can you do to help?

_______

while i have been following closely to his forum, which is a good source of information exchange (www.masteryourfinance.com), the revisit of some issues around the world really paints a pessimistic view of the years ahead.

the conclusion from the 3 hrs sharing is

the next financial crisis is coming (or has already started without you knowing), and it is going to be more painful than the 2008 crisis, and it is going to last long....

I will try to share what Dennis shared, and share what i read from the forum all this while, and explain in my simple terms what will trigger the next crisis:

1) The US contributes 20+ % to the global economy, and Europe as a whole contributes another 20% to the global economy.

these 2 giants are contributing to almost 1/2 the world economy, and if these 2 giants are to go into a economy crisis, it is macham the whole world will get into a economic crisis.

(due to globalization, everybody is linked to each other, no 1 can siam, it's only how hard you kanna hit)

China contributes only 10% to global economy, while Japan another 7%...so these economies ain't gonna help to rescue the world.

2) there are already clear signs that US and Europe are getting into trouble.

US:

70% of the US economy is driven by internal consumption, i.e. the Americans buy their own product and services, and boosting their own economy.

however, US unemployment rate has stubbornly remained at 9% since the Lehman brother episode in 2008.

now you see the start of the vicious cycle

>>>pple no job >>> pple don't spend $$ >>> bizness become poor >>> bizness don't employ pple/ lay off more pple >>> unemployment stays or go higher >> go back to the start of the loop!!!!

and all the jobs stimulus packaged rolled out by Obama has failed to encourage hiring!!!

if you read the news, you'll be surprised that even Goldman Sach, which is earning profit, is planning to lay off thousands of people from their US operation outlets. (heng i heard they are coming to expand in Singapore..haha)

so according to Dennis....the US Economy will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER recover! (3 times emphasizing NEVER)

next look @ Europe:

the Eurozone dream will probably be over next yr....i.e. Eurzone will disintegrate...

the weakest links in the Eurozone right now are call PIGS

not the "PIGS" which we get pork from, but PIGS = Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain.

Greece has been hitting the news since last yr.

everytime they appear on the news, stocks will drop like bird shit falling from the sky....

Greece is technically BANKRUPT! how scary right. we've heard people getting bankrupt, but country going bankrupt? my goodness...

the Euro bigger brothers , such as Germany and France, are desperately trying to save their weaker brothers from going into a Default

Default means they cannot pay their bills in time.

if you know how these bugger are playing around, they are just trying to loan more $, to pay back their existing loans...

so it's a never ending loop

all voice down to their poor governance, which resulted in more Spending than earning! i've read an article in CNBC which disgusted me on how the actions of these countries have brought the world into such dire situation right now.

so why Greece get into the current sibei jialat situation, that's where you must know how bond works

Bond is like borrowing $ from investors and in return, pay you interest..

for Greece, as i've mention, they keep borrowing new $ to pay back their old loans. from what i read via various forums and website, Greece was badly hurt in the 2008 financial crisis, and it became worse after that.

they got into greater debts as their credit ratings get downgraded. When credit ratings get downgraded, the bond yield will rise.

this means, investors are asking for more interest since your bond is seen as "less safe" than before. this is Economics 101.

so now on 1 hand, they still have a lot old loans to pay, and on the other hand, the borrowing cost have increased significantly (due to increase interest rate on its bonds).

so they have reach a stage they need RESCUE package from their Euro brothers to lend them $ to pay back their old loans, since they can't keep taking new expensive loans.

so that's how the Greece chapter came about.

Dennis views are that it's just a matter of time, when Spain and Portugal will ask for HELP !

"So far, 3 out of the 4 PIGS are already in trouble, the good news is these 3 PIGs are "small", in terms of their economies as compared to the whole of Euro Zone.

However, Spain is ranked No. 4 and Italy is ranked No. 3 in terms of size of economy. In my opinion, it is just a matter of time Spain might get into trouble, and when that happens, I think the 2 Richest countries Germany and France might think twice about rescuing Spain and this might lead to the disintegration and break up of Euro Zone"

and his views are this may take place in 2012....

now, that shows how jialat the top 2 leading economies in the world are right now...

so what will cause the next crisis ?

according to Dennis, that will be caused by a crash in US bond market.

this will be very lengthy explanation.

instead of me typing out, i manage to find 1 article which explains Dennis opinion. don't need bother who came out with the analysis earlier. the fact that if another person also thinks so, and the person is of good credentials, then we should think deeper

please read this link for more info on the upcoming bond crash

https://transitionnow.wordpress.com/201 ... ket-crash/
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

even if you didn't own Orchard Parade Holdings shares, if you bought on 22 Jun 2012 at S$1.86, today you are still making money.

With the deal likely to go ahead, if we use a 30% discount to NAV for OPH, then the share price potentially can go up to about (70% to NAV of S$3.15) or about S$2.20. So anyone buying the share now the possible upside is to S$2.20...of course, the downside will depend on market sentiment and fluctuations.

Yes, we must thank Jamestai for discovering this stock after he applied what I teach in the Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar on how to value stocks and how to choose Property stocks to invest in. Before Jamestai attended my seminar, he does not know all these things, so it really goes to show that I truly teach "how to fish" (How to Invest) and if you truly apply what you learned in the seminar, you can really be able to choose stocks to invest and make money in stocks.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:today STI closed down, but OPH closed up, close at S$1.925. I bought some more this morning at S$1.86.

The chance of OPH proceeding to go ahead with the REIT deal is increased with today's corporate announcement.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Orchard Parade to Expand Hotel Business in Southeast Asia
By Ee Chien Chua - Jun 22, 2012 6:16 PM GMT+0800

Orchard Parade Holdings Ltd. (OPH), a unit of Singapore’s largest closely held developer, plans to expand its hotel management business in Southeast Asia to tap the region’s tourism growth, Chief Executive Officer Lucas Chow said. The stock surged to the highest in 4 ½ years.

The company proposed a transaction on June 13 to set up a hospitality property trust and swap assets with its parent, Far East Organization. The deal will give Orchard Parade a hotel management company with three hotel brands, Village, Oasia and Quincy, and contracts to run more than 3,400 hotel rooms and serviced apartments in the city, giving it a base he calls “fortress Singapore.”
Enlarge image Orchard Parade Holdings CEO Lucas Chow

Lucas Chow, who is also an executive director at Far East Organization, said “If you want to grow beyond a certain size, and if you really want to grow your brand, we need to have a presence in some of the major cities in Asia.” Photographer: Munshi Ahmed/Bloomberg

Orchard Parade is seeking to expand overseas with an increasing number of tourists traveling to Southeast Asia, a region with a population that’s about twice of the U.S. Singapore, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur were this week ranked among the top 10 destinations in the world by Mastercard Inc.

“If you want to grow beyond a certain size, and if you really want to grow your brand, we need to have a presence in some of the major cities in Asia,” Chow, who’s also an executive director at Far East, said in an interview in Singapore late yesterday. “We will have to look at other countries for opportunities of growth.”

The initial focus will be on cities within a three-hour flight radius, Chow said, which will include Jakarta, Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Europe may also be a consideration in the longer term, he said.
Exponential Growth

“The tourism numbers are rising and expected to continue to skyrocket exponentially” in Southeast Asia, said Nicholas Mak, executive director at SLP International Property Consultants, a real estate consulting company. “Businessmen will be going there to look for business opportunities, and there is a great shortage of business grade, four-to-five star hotels over there.”

The transaction with Far East will also include a one-time dividend to shareholders and the distribution of shares held in a Singapore beverage maker, according to a June 13 statement.

Orchard Parade expects to get S$233 million ($183 million) in cash from the hospitality trust, which it will use help fund the expansion overseas. It may also get more management contracts as Far East builds new properties in the city, including a hotel where a temple built in 1824 will be converted into its lobby, Chow, 59, said.

Share Performance

The stock surged 2.9 percent to S$1.925 at the close in Singapore, the highest since October 2007. That extended this year’s rally to 50 percent, compared with the 6.9 percent advance in the Singapore benchmark Straits Times Index. (FSSTI)

The deal with Far East will also include parts of two medical developments close to the downtown owned by the parent company, Orchard Parade said last week.

The addition of health care, along with its property development and hotel businesses, will help broaden its appeal to investors, Chow said. The most expensive real estate in Singapore is in the health-care industry, Chow said, citing a recent transaction in the country.

“We like to call ourselves the emporium of real estate because we like to diversify ourselves into different kinds of properties,” Chow said, adding that health care is less sensitive to economic cycles compared with the property business. “If you diversify, you are also diversifying the kinds of cycles for the company.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Ee Chien Chua in Singapore at echua27@bloomberg.net
Dennis Ng wrote:
Chua Kim Kee wrote:Dennis, thank you for your explanation. One of my concern is that the YHS shares are not very liquid and may not be easy to sell for cash. According to the circular issued to shareholders, only 742 lots per year or about 2 lots per day. However, Having said that, they have recently delisted YHS in Malaysia & who knows, may plan to delist YHS from SGX one day.

CKK
even if nothing happen to YHS, if OPH just sell its properties to inject into another REIT and selling at price about NAV, guess what is likely to happen to OPH's share price?

Today, STI fall by 0.8%, but so far, OPH's share price went up to S$1.88 instead. :D

seminar graduate waterman has done a very good job in analysing the potential Rewards and Risk of buying/holding OPH shares at current prices in the posting below.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Waterman wrote:The share price closed on last Friday, 15-Jun-2012 at S$1.875

Kudos to James who discovered this exciting undervalue stock as early as in year 2010.

The event finally at it's proposed stage. i took some time reading the 30 pages media release and proposed restructuring doc.

Currently, due to issues in Europe, it is really not easy to choose between taking profit or pend for the potiental higher returns.

1] Take Profit
Profit = Current share price - Cash dividend collected - Price purchased

2] Hold
- To receive special dividend of S$0.12/share
- To receive spinoff of 229 YHS shares per 1,000 OPHL shares (YHS closed 15-Jun-2012 at S$1.46)
- Potential OPHL to rally further / Price drop if IPO of FEH-Trust fail to take place
- Potiential risk by the macro environment of the world

Interesting part i read from the doc page 20. Assumption of post transactions, special dividend and spinoff, the NAV per share is still at S$2.78 is just too amazing.

i wonder if my friend, CKK will go to attend the EGM this time.

Looking forward for Dennis to return and share his view.

By the way, even if the IPO of FEH-Trust fail to take place, OPHL may still adopt a nice new name as "Far East Orchard Limited"

Waterman

Source: SGX
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

You know almost next to nothing to analysing a stock and how to choose a stock to invest. Will attending the 2-day Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar really teach you "how to fish" (How to choose stocks to invest?) This is a question or skeptism many people have before they attend my seminar.

Here's a real life example - JamesTai.

You can read his first posting in this forum asking whether should he sell Starhub, a stock he holds, just after attending my seminar when he is still not very familiar with what is being taught in the seminar. Then compare to his posting after he learned to apply what I teach in the seminar when he discovered Orchard Parade Holdings.

You can literally see and feel his Transformation from knowing almost nothing to having the confidence to choose stocks to invest.

P.S. after I analysed Starhub, I actually bought Starhub shares at S$1.95 (which was also informed in this forum) and anyone buying Starhub then would be making over S$1.80 by now or about 92% gains), (current share price S$3.35, and Starhub gives out 20 cents divdend per share for last 2 years)...imagine seminar graduate jamestai was asking whether should he sell starhub shares at S$1.95. If he had not asked the question in the forum and sold Starhub shares then, he would have missed out on making S$1.80 in gains (including dividends) and even suffered losses becos he bought at S$2.21 and sold at S$1.95...this once again shows and prove to you that increasing Investment knowledge can indeed help you to become Richer.
Dennis Ng wrote:
jamestai wrote:13 Oct 2009

Hi,

Need some advise, not sure should I cut my losses for my Starhub stock.

This my current STARHUB shares holding.

Number of Shares: 5000
Average cost per share: $2.2130
Last closeing price on 12 Oct 09 : 2.00
My current losses is around: $1015

Since STARHUB lost the EPL right, the share price drop from around $2.15 to around $1.96. I am not sure does it still make sense for me to hold on my current STARHUB and hoping it will help me to make a profit in future. Some say STARHUB stock pay good divdend. But I not sure does it still hold true after it lost the EPL rights to Singtel.

Any opinion and advise is very much appreciated. Also I wonder does any body know what is the NAV for STARHUB.

James
Hi James,

you need to ask yourself, why did you buy Starhub at S$2.21?

Why are you thinking of selling Starhub now that the price is lower at S$2?

If price is lower, it actually makes the share more attractive not less. It does not make logical sense to want to buy at a higher price but think of selling at lower price.

Nobody buys Starhub for its NAV. As explained in my seminar, NAV is only useful for assessing Financial stocks and Property stocks.

For starhub, the key things to look for is its Operating Cashflow and Profits and the sustainability of its profits.

Let's assess the Financial impact of Starhub losing the EPL rights. Total revenue from Pay TV (cable TV) only constitutes 19.6% of Starhub's total revenues. Out of which, Starhub says only 30% of its Cable TV subscribers subscribe to EPL, or only 5.88% of its total revenues.

According to starhub, its EPL offering is actually at a loss. Thus, losing EPL might not reduce starhub's profits by much, Strahub's profits might actually increase if offering EPL is money-losing as Starhub said.

Starhub made about S$311.3 million for year ended 31 Dec 2008, down from S$3.30.3 million, mainly becos of higher expenses of its Pay TV business (increase of S$86.5 million).

Starhub has total shares issued of 1.71 billion shares, or Earning Per Share of 18.28 cents. Last year it paid total dividends of 18 cents per share.

If starhub reduces its dividend and pays say, 16 cents per share, based on share price of S$2, dividend yield is 8%.

Starhub has about S$237 million in Cash and Debt-equity ratio is about 14.38%. Even if Starhub needs to expand, it is still possible for Starhub to maintain dividend of say, 16 cents per share.

I hope the above sharing is useful. At the end of the day, you need to make your own decision. Above comments is not meant as investment advice to you. Ultimately, we have to be responsible for our own investment decisions.

All the information I shared are obtained from newspapers and the financial information from sgx website, something accessible by everyone, including yourself. One does not even need to be a shareholder of Starhub to get hold of such information.

In the 2-day seminar, basically I've taught "how to fish". Thus, graduates of the seminar can then apply what they learned to "look for fish" themselves.

Feed a man a fish you can only fill him for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll never go hungry again. This is why from Year 2009 onwards, I'm conducting seminars to teach people how to fish (how to invest).

Actually, Singtel, Starhub and M1 all majority owned by Temasek Holdings. Competing aggressively to pay for EPL Rights only benefit "outsider who own the EPL Rights" and burn a hole "indirectly" in Temasek's pockets.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Read and feel the transformation of seminar graduate jamestai yourself.

In Oct 2009, when he made his first posting, you can feel he is so unsure and still unclear about investing.

One year later, after he managed to learn and apply what I teach in the 2-day Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar, you can notice the confidence in his posting, when he discovered an undervalued stock "Orchard Parade Holdings", applying what I teach in the seminar.

Thus, if you still have doubts that I really teach people how to fish (How to Invest) and that after learning how to choose stocks to invest will you make money or not, I hope this real life example can gives you the confidence that I really can teach you. The only question is are you Willing to learn? When are you going to learn? After you learn, when are you going to apply what you learn?

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:
jamestai wrote:13 Sep 2010

Hi Dennis,

Just wonder did you know about this REIT stock ORCHARD PARADE HOLDINGS LIMITED ?

I look at their Financial statement on 13 Aug 10, it reported that it NAV is aound $2.44. So I look at their share price today and is around $1.14. I was surprise because this is almost 46% discount from it's NAV.

And looking at it's income statment, it profit compare to the same quater last year, it has improve significantly.

It's property make up of

Orchard Parade Hotel
Albert Court Hotel
49.9% Stake in Yeo Hiap Seng
THe Floridian Condo Development

Net asset value (for the issuer and group) per ordinary share based on issued share capital of the issuer at the end
of the (a) current period reported on and (b) immediately preceding financial year.
Net asset value per ordinary share based on
issued share capital at the end of the period/year
page 11
Group
30.06.2010 31.12.2009
$ 2.44 $ 2.34
Company
30.06.2010 31.12.2009
$ 2.26 $ 2.23

James Tai
Hi James,
great. You have identified another undervalued Property stock. Yes, Orchard Parade is closely held by Far East Organisation....typically its share price is "laggard" compared to other property stocks.

However, there is no doubt about the value of the properties it own. In the last phase of the Bull run (which we are entering into), typically laggard stocks would rise much more than the Blue chips (eg. Capital Land). So, I will not be surprised if the share price of Orchard Parade would surge up in the months ahead. In year 2007, Orchard Parade's share price was as high as S$2.90.

When you buy a stock worth S$1 and pay about S$0.50, that is a Classic "Benjamin Graham" strategy......so far, whenever I used this strategy (Price to Book Value) to buy a property stock, I have always Profitted and never made a single loss before.

That's what I want from all my graduates. That you analysed a stock first and Present your findings and comments, and I would then also take a look at the stock and share with you my comments. This is how all my "multi-millionaire" sifus (teachers) teach me, and this is how I want to pass on the knowledge/experience I gained. By doing so, you Learn How to Fish for yourself, instead of me giving you a fish.

Give a man a fish and you can feed him for a day, Teach a man how to fish and he'll never go hungry again. I'm here to teach all of you (graduates) how to fish, NOT here to give you fishes. A Real Teacher's greatest satisfaction is when his students surpassed him. While a "fake teacher" who just want to earn your money want you to forever depend on him and his "trading software" so that he can milk money from you forever.

Hope my reply is Crystal Clear to you. Please note that I'm just sharing my personal comments and not giving investment advice and not advising anyone to Buy/Hold/Sell any stocks.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

seminar graduate Hendra shared that FOCUS (shared by Robert Kiyosaki) means Follow One Course Until Successful.

Like you, I've tried many things, I've learned many things from many different seminars/books.

Now what I teach is actually a combination of many things I learned over the years, including the over 600 books I read; the many seminars I attended (invested over S$150,000 of my money to attend such seminars); learning from different Real Life Multi-millionaires in Singapore.

Did eveyrthing I learned work? No. Some of the things I realised do not work in Singapore.

Does what I teach work?

So now whatever I teach is a selection of the things that really work plus some of my own "enlightenment" and combining of different teachings that none of my teachers actually teach me. (since they teach me bits and pieces, not what I collectively now teach).

I'm sure it does, becos I have personally applied and reached multi-milionaire status.

Thus, I'm very certain that if you follow what I teach, you will reach your First Million, it is just a matter of time.

However, it is like learning to swim or cycle. I can teach you the swimming strokes, the breathing techniques etc...but you still need to go into the water, try to swim yourself (practise and apply what you learn), swallow some water (fail sometimes, lose money on some stocks), before you finally learned how to swim (how to invest).

I cannot swallow the water for you, you need to swallow the water yourself, experience it yourself, in order to learn how to swim.

However, I'm there beside you to guide you, to encourage you, to support you, until you learn how to swim and reach the other side of the pool (your first million or Financial Freedom).

Follow One Course Until Successful.

I'm certain you will succeed following the course becos it is tested and proven, it is not based on theory, that may/may not work in real life.

The only questions are:
1. Do you want to learn from me? (You can choose to learn from others as well).
2. When do you want to learn?
3. After learning, when are you going to apply?
4. Are you going to give up just becos you swallow some water (make some losses) or do you realise that swallowing some water is a necessary process before you learn how to swim.
5. Follow One Course Until Successful.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I feel so happy to read what seminar graduates dragonhart2 and sereneloong wrote in the postings below:
dragonhart2 wrote:dear Serene,

tks for sharing....yes...your employer is not your financial plan! You are! we earn, we save and we build our financial fortress....brick by brick, day by day....have faith..... one day, we can stand tall on our own. together, we can form the Master Mind Alliance and do much much more than if we are on our own....there's only so much each of us can do......:D

cheers,
jason.
sereneloong wrote:wow Jason, that was very heartfelt :) You have inspired me to share:

I have always been a good student (top schools all the way) and good worker (I work on average 12 hours a day at MNCs). On the social interaction front, I was also ok, can relate to people. I am well-like at work.
But when the financial crisis hit in 2009, it was like my track record didn't matter at all. I got retrenched nonetheless along with half the department. It felt like everything I was taught didn't quite work.
The old mantra society and my parents told me: study hard and get a good job - was only half the story. Then I joined Dennis' wealth revolution, and the rest like they said, is history.

The reason I start http://www.reallifetheory.com is because I believe I can help spread practical knowledge that will make a difference in people's lives. I do up the videos based on
what I have learnt in the last 10 years of attending/reading self-improvement seminars and books which has probably cost me about $30K. Using my life as a laboratory, I only put up theories that hv worked for me,
many of them from Dennis of course!

Here's to CANI!
Serene
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

candy_chia wrote:Genting Singapore: BUY; S$1.46
Too much reading between the lines
Price Target : 12-Month S$ 2.05

Echo’s stake likely an opportunistic investment for now

Better off saving bullets for new markets rather than outright tussle with Crown in their homeground

Maintain Buy and SOP-based TP of S$2.05

by Yee Mei Hui, DBS Vicker (Spore)
anyone listened to DBS Vickers to buy Genting Singpoare at S$1.46 now must be frowning, now share price only S$1.385. Based on TA, Genting Singapore broke below 200 day MA at S$1.60, so anyone who was holding Genting Singapore stock should have cut loss or took profit at S$1.60. Now, even the 2 day MA is below the 20 day MA, which is at S$1.46. So when price cut below S$1.46, it is more reason to sell, not buy from TA point of view. One cannot analyse a stock based on FA alone, as this real life example has shown.

So one with TA knowledge, would have cut loss or avoid buying at S$1.46, while DBS Vickers recommended buy at S$1.46.

I on the other hand sold Genting Singapore at S$1.70 and not interested in buying the stock. I will refrain from buying Genting Singapore stock again as I don't want to be involved in stocks that involved in gambling, which is bad for society.

Seminar graduates if you want to learn more about TA, you really should attend the 2-day Secrets to Technical Analysis Seminar conducted by Yip Khiong. My 2-day Stock seminar teaches 80% FA and only 20% of time spent on TA. So after attending my 2-day seminar, you have this problem of having one eye big (FA) and one eye small (TA knowledge). So in order to have the same "eyesight" in both eyes, to see clearly with both eyes, you need to go for "Eye Corrective Exercise" - ie. attend the 2-day Secrets to Technical Analysis Seminar.

After this seminar, you have 2 equally BIG Eyes for both FA and TA and would be ahead of 95% of the investors in the stock market, who might not have as much knowledge in BOTH FA and TA than you. :D
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

It's not just the higher income earners who are under-insured, I think in general, most people in Singapore are under-insured.

How much (life insurance cover) should you be insured?
It depends on your monthly Household expenses and number of years before your child reaches adult hood and can earn money themselves. In Singapore, guys graduate from university about age 24. Thus, using the age of your youngest child and deduct from age 24 is the number of years you need to insure yourself and multiply by your household expenses that would be your required insured amount (we have not even factored 3% inflation rate)...

Family household expense S$5,000
years before youngest child reaches age 24 = 20 (youngest child now age 4).
Amount of required insurance = 5,000 x 12 x 20 = S$1,200,000.

How many people in Singapore have insurance coverage of S$500,000 and above (exclude Mortgage Insurance)? Answer is few. Thus, it is clear that most people are under-insured.

However, I don't agree with the usual rule of thumb to insure a certain number of times of your income. Becos 2 persons can have the same income but different expenditure. We only need to ensure our family continue the lifestyle, which depends on our expenditure, and not our income. Think about it. For instance, 2 persons earn S$5,000. One spends S$3,000 and another spends S$5,000. The person whose household expenditure is only S$3,000 only need to have enough insurance cover to cover the expenditure of S$3,000 and not the income of S$5,000.

How can you plan your insurance properly to ensure you're adequately covered and yet monthly insurance premiums remain affordable or even only 50% of what you currently pay? Attend the "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars Seminar" , this is one of the many topics I teach in this seminar.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

'Rising rich' under-insured
Survey finds that only a fifth of relatively wealthy have adequate cover

Published on Jul 1, 2012

By Yasmine Yahya

They earn more than the average Singaporean and, in fact, have hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest, yet most of them are under-insured.

A survey by United Overseas Bank Wealth Banking of 412 such 'rising rich' found that a quarter of them had no insurance at all, while half were under-insured by industry standards.

Only a fifth had adequate insurance.

The survey was conducted in December last year.

The rising rich, as defined by UOB, are those who have assets under management of between $100,000 and $350,000.

This segment is mainly made up of young professionals in their early 30s and those in their 30s and 40s who are married with children, said UOB's head of sales and distribution, Mr James Phoen.

He noted that according to the Life Insurance Association (LIA) of Singapore, individuals should aim to have about 11 times their annual earnings as basic life cover.

For example, a person earning $42,000 a year should be insured for a minimum of $462,000.

This standard is based on a 2007 study by the LIA and the Nanyang Technological University, using data on the annual income of the average Singaporean and their protection needs, including funeral expenses, household debt and dependants' needs.

'Insurance is a necessity to help you prepare for the unexpected. It helps protect against risk, and helps people grow and preserve their wealth and save for the future,' Mr Phoen said.

It is also important to match your insurance coverage to your income as it rises, so that your standard of living can be maintained if the unexpected happens, he added.

'Unfortunately, many people do not think about increasing their insurance coverage as their income rises and so are at risk when unexpected events and expenses occur.'

Mr Phoen said the survey also showed that the younger respondents who did have insurance tended to prefer endowment plans, and many are opting for endowment plans with shorter premium terms of about five years, some of which also offer a cashback or annual payout option.

Endowment plans are savings products that also offer insurance protection, such as death and total and permanent disability protection, but policyholders usually take them up for the savings feature.

'Young people who have just started working usually aren't thinking about protection, but of how to earn more money,' said Mr Phoen.

'It is only later, when they have kids, that they start to look at protection plans, because they need to think of emergencies, critical illness, life savings and what they would leave behind for their children if they die.'

If an individual has enough spare cash, the mid-20s is in fact the best time of one's life to start signing up for both endowment and protection plans, he said. The earlier one signs up for an insurance plan, the cheaper the premiums would be.

'But when you start working, you usually don't have that much spare cash,' Mr Phoen said.

'If you ask me which type of plan to choose at the start, I would have to say that there's no one plan that's more important than the rest, but you have to think about what you value more - do you want to grow your money, or are you more concerned about protection?'

yasminey@sph.com.sg
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

the 52 week high price of S$2.07 is not really relevant NOW becos at that time, there was no clear direction and plans about the company. Now with the plans announced (of course still have a low risk that it might not go ahead), the situation is different and as a prudent guide, I would price the potential upside of Orchard Parade Holdings to 20% to 30% discount to NAV, or works out to S$2.20 to S$2.50 based on NAV of S$3.15.

Today, the share price went up to S$2.10, breaking the 52 week high.

I have already shared that when news announced on 13 Jun 2012 about setting up a REIT with Far East I still went ahead to buy when price shot up to S$1.86 from S$1.63 then (and Waterman was asking whether he should take profit). If any seminar graduate simiarly bought at S$1.86, is now looking at 12.9% gain in a few weeks.

P.S. imagine before that becos of market uncertainty, I sold Orchard Parade Holdings at S$1.75 and took profit, yet when situation changes, I review the situation and instead went in to buy at a higher price of S$1.86. Psychologically, it is not easy to do that but over the years I try to overcome such psychological barrier but to take action based on latest change in situation.

Such learning can only be done when we actually go into the market to buy or sell...so seminar graduates, I really encourage all of you to get at least "dip your feet" into the water, you need to get into the water to learn how to swim (actual action in the stock market) and not just paper trade (becos it would lack emotions, the most difficult part to learn) or worst still, just didn't do anything after attending my seminars . Don't be afraid to swallow some water (lose some money), you need to swallow some water to learn how to swim (learn how to invest). Of course, we all hope we can learn to swim without swallowing water, but is it possible? We want to learn how to cycle without losing balance and falling at all, but is it possible?

If you apply the investment rule of only investing when upside is at least double downside, you can lose money on 6 out of 10 investments and still get Richer and Richer. So why are you so afraid? I'm a living example what I teach works and I also share my buy/sell of stocks in this forum for people to witness the actual process that I go through myself in deciding buy/hold/sell.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Waterman wrote:
Hi,

The many figures we used here are estimation from the financial statements of OPHL for FY2011 back-dated to 31 Dec 2011. They are not marked to market, and hence they are only estimation.

Dennis is very prudent to use only 70% (at S$2.20) and 80% (at $2.50) to NAV. Should an investor buy in now, our usual requirement of 30% discount to NAV is not met.

The share price at S$2.07 was already at her 52 weeks range high. Investors buying now are buying against the efficient market theory, based on the expectation on past prices, past earnings, and other past indicators, and believe that expectation of past prices and the potential future earning will influence the future price. Therefore, be very careful here.

Waterman
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

see the difference yourself.

when seminar graduate jamestai knew little about investing, he bought Starhub at S$2.21 and was scared that price might fall further and considered selling when price fell to S$1.95.

I upon his request, look and analysed the company and commented that the Starhub was a Buy at S$1.95 instead. The rest is history.

If he had sold, he has lost money. I bought at S$1.95 and I made money.

1 year after attending my seminar and after learning how to apply what I teach in the seminar, jamestai is transformed. If you read his postings from Oct 2011 compared to Sep 2010, you can notice the big difference yourself, he becomes confident in analysing stocks and even discovered an undervalued Property stock Orchard Parade Holdings when share price was S$1.14, using what I teach in the seminar.

Today, 4 Jul 2012, Orchard Parade Holdings' share price is S$2.10, or 84% higher.

Can you now see for yourself (Through Real Life Example) the difference between NOT knowing how to invest and knowing how to invest?
It can mean a difference of making a Loss on stocks and making a Profit on stocks, it can mean whether you get Poorer investing into stocks or getting Richer investing into stocks.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

ilovecck wrote:
robinhan wrote:Hi Dennis, would you please share your opinion on IHH IPO. I found the use of proceeds, 90% is repayment of bank borrows. does that mean this IPO is likely to be initiated by bank to pay back their borrows from the bank? Thanks a lot!
Actually, for me, imho, in this case IHH is just trying to raise cash to pay and NOT trying to using the cash raised for expansion. This could have said something about the state of it financial health also.
100% agree with ilovecck.

I would also look at the PE of the IPO vis-a-vis any Peers listed in Singapore, eg. Raffles Medical, with PE of 24.7 times vs IHH's 93 times (trailing earnings) and 35 (expected earnings this year).

P.S again you notice the BIG jump in Net Profits the year the co goes for IPO. A common "phenomenon" I share in the 2-day Stock Seminar.

These are the numbers and again it shows that IHH is "expensive" in terms of PE, thus, I would personally give this IPO a miss. Its coming year expected PE is 35 times, can it grow its profits by 35% or more? May not, so just by this, I would not bother to do further in-depth analysis of the company. Whatever info (use of IPO proceeds) and PE already enough info for me to decide to avoid this IPO.

Can this IPO's price go up after listing? Maybe. But I don't invest based on hope. Hope is not a strategy.

Share Price RM 2.85

Market Cap RM 22,958,753,425

Total Shares Out 8,055,702,956

Offering (27.74%) 2,234,652,000

2011 Earnings RM 245,655,000

2011 EPS (sen) RM 3.05

FYE 2011 P/E 93x

Q1 2012 Earnings RM 164,504,000

2012 Annualized EPS (sen) RM 8.17

FYE 2012 P/E 35x
Cheers!

liau1970

Post by liau1970 »

Dennis Ng wrote:
ilovecck wrote:
robinhan wrote:Hi Dennis, would you please share your opinion on IHH IPO. I found the use of proceeds, 90% is repayment of bank borrows. does that mean this IPO is likely to be initiated by bank to pay back their borrows from the bank? Thanks a lot!
Actually, for me, imho, in this case IHH is just trying to raise cash to pay and NOT trying to using the cash raised for expansion. This could have said something about the state of it financial health also.
100% agree with ilovecck.

I would also look at the PE of the IPO vis-a-vis any Peers listed in Singapore, eg. Raffles Medical, with PE of 24.7 times vs IHH's 93 times (trailing earnings) and 35 (expected earnings this year).

P.S again you notice the BIG jump in Net Profits the year the co goes for IPO. A common "phenomenon" I share in the 2-day Stock Seminar.

These are the numbers and again it shows that IHH is "expensive" in terms of PE, thus, I would personally give this IPO a miss. Its coming year expected PE is 35 times, can it grow its profits by 35% or more? May not, so just by this, I would not bother to do further in-depth analysis of the company. Whatever info (use of IPO proceeds) and PE already enough info for me to decide to avoid this IPO.

Can this IPO's price go up after listing? Maybe. But I don't invest based on hope. Hope is not a strategy.

Share Price RM 2.85

Market Cap RM 22,958,753,425

Total Shares Out 8,055,702,956

Offering (27.74%) 2,234,652,000

2011 Earnings RM 245,655,000

2011 EPS (sen) RM 3.05

FYE 2011 P/E 93x

Q1 2012 Earnings RM 164,504,000

2012 Annualized EPS (sen) RM 8.17

FYE 2012 P/E 35x

Thanks Dennis,
Yesterday I also read this IPO see whether good to invest or not. After I read,
I remembered during yr class, you mentioned, whoever raise money to pay their bank loan and not for expansion. This is no good. In addition, the PE is hight at 35. So I decide to drop this IPO.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

What is the best way an individual can do to protect yourself? Not more regulations, but you should increase your own financial knowledge, so you know what insurance plans to buy, how much insurance coverage you need, how to invest, how to grow your own money, etc, etc.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Jul 7, 2012
Findings of MAS financial advice survey 'disturbing'

By MAGDALEN NG

NEARLY a third of customers looking for financial advice and products were steered to unsuitable investments, according to a mystery shopping survey conducted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).

People posing as normal customers assessed the advice being given by banks and insurers. Between October and December last year, 126 shoppers made 500 visits to 11 banks and four insurance companies seeking advice from representatives.

It found that in 30 per cent of the cases, the products recommended did not match the person's financial objectives or their stated investment horizon.

An independent panel of industry practitioners reviewed the suitability of the products based on the shoppers' personal profile, experience during the advice and sales process and the sales material handed out by the institutions.

While most advisers did engage in some form of fact finding - asking questions about the customer's financial situation, risk appetite and what products they already have - most did not go beyond basic information such as names, personal particulars and employment.

About 50 per cent of the mystery shoppers were not quizzed about their risk tolerance or financial objectives and 40 per cent were not asked for their investment experience.

Mr Lee Chuan Teck, MAS assistant managing director for capital markets, told the Singapore Management University Market for Financial Advice Symposium yesterday that these two findings were 'particularly disturbing'.

Mr Lee, who also chairs the panel for the Financial Advisory Industry Review (Fair), said: 'If we do not make an effort to understand our clients' needs, how do we expect to recommend the right product to them?'

The survey also discovered that most representatives disclosed basic information about the products recommended but details on risk factors and the amount and frequency of fees and charges, for example, were omitted in a significant number of advisory sessions.

The MAS imposed a rule in January that gets customers to take a test to prove that they have the relevant financial experience and knowledge before getting the go-ahead to buy certain complex investment products.

But the MAS can only do so much, Mr Lee said, adding: 'While we can regulate on what an adviser needs to do and who needs advising, it is harder to regulate the quality of advice given.'

MAS said that this survey differs from the last one in 2006 in terms of scope and the types of financial institutions surveyed so the results are not comparable.

It said that it will work with the Life Insurance Association (LIA) and the Association of Banks in Singapore to carry out regular mystery shopping exercises. Findings will be made public.

LIA president Tan Hak Leh said: 'We note the shortcomings, which require the industry's further attention.' LIA sees the regular mystery shopping surveys as a 'further initiative to enhance the effectiveness of the life insurance sales advisory process.'

The Securities Investors Association of Singapore said it was disheartening to know vital information such as risk factors was not disclosed to retail investors.

One customer, Mr Mervin Wang, 39, a marketing head at a multinational corporation, believes that the customer should not rely completely on the adviser. 'You need to be more knowledgeable about what is available so you can ask the adviser the correct questions, and engage him more meaningfully.'

songyuan@sph.com.sg
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

yes, Ms Tan.

I used to think that as an individual, what can I do? How can I change anything? I'm just an individual.

Then I learned from Master Cheng Yan, founder of Tzu Chi foundation who said:
1. do not underestimate what an individual can achieve. Many drops of water make an ocean. You just need someone to start gathering the water together and why wait? Why not be the one who do it?

2. She also said:"if something is Right, Just Do It." She said everything we say or do there are bound to be people who don't like us, who criticize us, or may express all kinds of opinion and comments about us. Why bother with others? We cannot control what others say or do, but we can control what we say or do. And if you see something is Right, something is worth doing, just do it.

And last but not least, I like to share this teaching by Jim Rohn (the sifu of Anthony Robbins) in this short video: 4 questions You Should Ask yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAa9FagS ... re=related

Watch and re-watch this video by Jim Rohn and then answer the 4 questions yourself. I answered them and that's why I am now doing what I am doing.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Ms Tan wrote:Isn’t “flash mob” similar to what Dennis is doing in teaching Financial Freedom? Of-course this is not 100% identical, I just like to connect the dots with my own imagination, my way of seeing the world.

The way one person started the music and brings in random people together as a group to jointly play the music and grow the participation from the rest singing together is such an amazing and joyful event.

This is like Dennis started the financial education alone and orchestra to a team of Wealth Educators, Forumers & Seminar Graduates to spread the message out to others to be financially literate to achieve Financial Freedom.

Dennis Ng wrote: My dream and deepest hope is someday some of you can be much, much better than me, so that all of us can then reach out to educate even more people.
I don’t see how Dennis’ dream cannot come true. I can vision that many of us will be Millionaires or Multi-millionaires with Hearts, the S$100 Million Charitable Foundation to help bridge the Rich-Poor Divide will be established very soon. Cheers!
Cheers!