The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

Post by Dennis Ng »

Jim Rohn, the sifu of Anthony Robbins...

on what is successful is "to Do the Best You Can". Be the most you possibly can, the essence of life is Growth, to do the best you can...human is the only life form that will settle for less and does than its potential...

Dennis Ng's comments: I always remind myself 'Do the best I can" and CANI - Continuous and Never-ending Improvement.

By doing both, we can keep growing and growing...if you observe nature, there is no status quo, a plan is either Growing or Decaying...so if you think you're in status quo, you're actually decaying...whether you like to listen to this or not, this is the Truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk-pzUA ... re=related
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Ponzi scheme basically uses another "investor" money to pay off an earlier investor. It is such an Old trick yet everyday in the world, new Ponzi schemes are started and many people still fall for it. Why? I think Greed blinds them, they suddenly become Naive and cannot think logically. That day a seminar graduate told me someone promised him 40% to 80% returns a year by investing money with him. I told him, if he can get more than 24% return a year, he is better than Warren Buffett and should become Richer than Warren Buffett and big banks such as JP Morgan, CITIBANK will queue up to employ him as their Super, Super Star Fund Manager.

No one can consistently generate returns of 40% to 80% a year. Look at Madoff, he promised 10% return a year and in the end, conned many people, including big institutions.

What is the Best way to protect yourself? It is to increase your Financial Knowledge. In my "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" seminar, I teach "how to avoid falling into scams" and as my seminar graduate, please revise your notes so that you will NOT be blinded by Greed and regret later...the Ending of such story is always the same, you have a Group of 'investors' losing alot of money and crying and complaining. Help yourself to avoid being one of them.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Is Global Finance a Ponzi Scheme? Ask a Russian Expert
By Leonid Bershidsky - Jun 6, 2012

What's the difference between today's global finance system and a Ponzi scheme? This is the question that a 56-year-old veteran Russian financial scammer has been asking his victims.

Chillingly, he almost has a point.

Sergei Mavrodi is one of the most infamous names in Russia's recent history. Back in February 1994, amid the turmoil of the country's transition to a market economy, the mathematician organized a Ponzi scheme called MMM. He offered returns of 100 percent a month and advertised aggressively on national television. Before the pyramid crashed in July 1994, it attracted as many as 10 million depositors, making it more popular than the voucher privatization program that was supposed to give regular Russians a chance to take a stake in formerly state-owned enterprises.

Mavrodi managed to avoid prison for nearly a decade, in part by getting elected as a parliamentary deputy and using the status to obtain immunity from prosecution. He ultimately served out a four-and-a-half-year sentence for fraud. While in prison, Mavrodi wrote books and movie scripts, one of which -- PyraMMMid -- was later made into a successful film.

Now he's back with an even more audacious endeavor: the honest scam. Last year, he announced the new project, MMM-2011, by stating boldly that it would be another Ponzi scheme. “Even if you strictly follow all instructions, you can still lose," he wrote on a website describing the project. "Your 'winnings' may be withheld without any explanation or reason whatsoever.” Depositors would be paid solely from funds invested by other depositors. There would be no attempt to generate income in any other way. This, he said, was perfectly all right, and no different than the way some of the largest institutions in global finance operated, from the Russian pension fund to the U.S. Federal Reserve.

"What is money?" he wrote. "Nothing! Nihil. A phantom. … It is backed by nothing at all and printed by the masters in any quantity, at will.”

Such a case might have been hard to make back in 1994, when Russians saw the U.S. dollar as an unassailable store of value. But in today's post-financial-crisis world, it's easy to see how Mavrodi's arguments could convince an uninitiated observer. The U.S. is paying back its bondholders with money freshly printed by the Fed. Greece is paying back investors with money the European Union has borrowed from other investors -- or maybe some of the same investors -- via its bailout funds. The developed world's central banks have printed the equivalent of trillions of dollars in new money to keep their financial systems and economies afloat.

Mavrodi's sales pitch worked. On May 31, MMM-2011 claimed 35 million participants throughout the world. The number may be wildly inflated, but there were certainly hundreds of thousands of people in Russia, Ukraine and other post-Soviet nations who invested with Mavrodi. Their money allowed him to buy outdoor advertisements (this time avoiding TV) and open up chains of “consulting offices.”

The operation employed a structure borrowed from multi-level marketing. Early investors recruited new ones. A member who brought ten people into the fold could become a foreman and take a small cut from each investment by his “clients.” The first adopters could end up running an army of 100,000 or even a million. They offered returns from 20 percent for a one-month deposit up to 60 percent monthly for a 12-month deposit.

This time around, the mathematician was careful to mitigate the risk that he would be accused of fraud, or of operating a financial business without a license. MMM-2011 was not a legal entity. Money was moved strictly between people's private bank accounts or electronic wallets. The network made extensive use of communication technology: Potential foremen were interviewed via Skype, and each member was required to use a Gmail account.

Authorities were nonplussed. “The law enforcement agencies have a very high sensitivity threshold,” Russia's financial ombudsman Pavel Medvedev told TVRain. “They worry when someone gets killed, not when fraud is being perpetrated.” Criminal proceedings were started against Mavrodi in Novosibirsk, where he was accused of “aiding illegal enterprise,” but no move was made to arrest the MMM mastermind, who communicated with his followers only by posting videos on his website.

In Ukraine, Prime Minister Nikolai Azarov promised that the government would “check on what grounds this company started operating” and warned citizens that “there is no such thing as a free lunch.” No decisive action was taken. Alexei Plotnikov, a parliamentary deputy from the ruling Regions Party, argued that action wasn't necessary: “There is a general rule that you should not stick fingers in an electrical outlet, but there will always be people who do that," he said. "It's the same with Ponzi schemes and other questionable operations. All the government should do is issue a warning.”

MMM-2011 halted payments on May 31. “Unfortunately, I have to admit that a panic has started within the System,” Mavrodi wrote, blaming the media for spreading malicious rumors. “This is a pyramid! If everyone rushes to withdraw the money, there is no way there will be enough money for everybody. In fact, it would be the same with any bank.”

Undaunted, Mavrodi launched a new pyramid, MMM-2012, saying that it would be used to prop up MMM-2011. “Don't worry, don't be nervous, we will fix everything, and you'll get paid in full,” Mavrodi wrote, adding immediately: “This is not a promise, just a feeling I have.”

Experts pointed out the difference between those who lost their money to the first MMM in 1994 and the members of Mavrodi's modernized social network. “There is a different motivation now,” psychologist Akop Narvazyan told Russia's Channel One. “This is a gamble: People hope they will be smarter, more cunning than others. This is no longer mere inexperience, it's adventure-seeking.” Yet when the pyramid collapsed, Internet forums quickly filled with desperate pleas. “Please help me withdraw my deposit of 3.8 million rubles ($112,000). Am willing to pay 30 percent. Can anyone help or is it all over?” read one post. “Guys, save me, I borrowed serious money from serious people and now my foreman won't answer!” read another. Some MMM-2011 depositors, like their predecessors in 1994, have borrowed against their apartments to invest and are now facing homelessness.

It may all be their fault. They had been warned repeatedly by various officials and by Mavrodi himself. It is, however, an interesting moral issue, if not a legal one, whether governments have any obligation to protect financial innocents from themselves. One also wonders whether the policy makers managing the world's financial system might be able to extract some lessons for themselves.

(Leonid Bershidsky, an editor and novelist, is Moscow and Kiev correspondent for World View. Opinions expressed are his own.)

To contact the writer of this column: bershidsky@gmail.com.

To contact the editor responsible for this column: Mark Whitehouse at mwhitehouse1@bloomberg.net.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Based on FA, I will NOT buy Sheng Siong.

Trading or investing based on TA alone is like seeing the world with 1 eye, why not see the world with Both eyes? Learn both FA and TA.

FA helps me choose WHAT stocks to buy/avoid/sell, TA helps me decide WHEN to buy/hold/sell.

robinhan wrote:Sheng siong(buy when price reach 0.465, sell to stop loss at 0.45)formed an uptrend in the past 1 and a half month. Recently, it dropped to the support trendline already. We can see that the pull back ratio is 50%, a very nice figure for consolidation. And we can also see that the volume of pull back is quite low. If it go higher than Friday high, it is likely to continue it’s uptrend and give an opportunity to long.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

When Capitaland share price was S3.80, I hinted that it may drop below S$3!

If you increase Financial Knowledge, you can Reduce Losses and Increase Gains.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:Imagine if in Jan 2011 you read this posting of mine in "Discussion Specific Stocks" Discussion Thread (ONLY open to my Seminar Graduates)...

Let me ask you:

Would it have helped you avoid losing Money on Capitaland?
Would it have helped you avoid Buying Capitaland?

Capitaland dropped below S$3.80 and on 17 Jun 2011, closed at S$2.75, or down 27.6%...

Increasing Investment Knowledge can indeed help you to Increase Your Wealth and Avoid Losing Money. This is another Real Life Example.

Stop buying/selling stocks blindly, listening to Stock Tips and Rumours. Learn how to "fish" (Invest) from me and start making money and avoid losing more money.

What seminar am I conducting this weekend? It's "Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar". I'm looking forward to teaching another full house audience "How to Fish" (Invest)...it's sheer joy and fulfillment to see students coming to my Seminar with Zero Knowledge in Stock Investing and graduating with their Eyes Opened and confident in knowing What Stocks to Invest, When to Buy and When to Sell Stocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjLmWYskr0

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:
27 Jan 2011:

Looking at Capitaland 2 years' price/volume chart, S$3.80 is the major Support price, once break below S$3.80....no strong support price detected above S$3....all below S$3....

Note: it does not necessary mean that the price will drop below S$3 though....just looking at Price/Volume historical charts...
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

The story of a businessman and a fisherman, illustrating the benefit of Financial Freedom. Many small bizmen tell me they are happy just doing a small business. But I would ask them what is their Main Objective of setting up the business? If it is just to make a living, then there are many ways to make a living. But if it is set up to HELP people with needed Product or Service, then do they want to help more people or just a few people?

If they want to help more people, their business need to become Bigger and they should not be so selfish to just stay small just becos they are already financially comfortable.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.
As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.
The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherman, “How long does it take you to catch so many fish?”
The fisherman replied, “Oh, just a short while.”
“Then why don’t you stay longer at sea and catch even more?” The businessman was astonished.
“This is enough to feed my whole family,” the fisherman said.
The businessman then asked, “So, what do you do for the rest of the day?”
The fisherman replied, “Well, I usually wake up early in the morning, go out to sea and catch a few fish, then go back and play with my kids. In the afternoon, I take a nap with my wife, and evening comes, I join my buddies in the village for a drink — we play guitar, sing and dance throughout the night.”

The businessman offered a suggestion to the fisherman.
“I am a PhD in business management. I could help you to become a more successful person. From now on, you should spend more time at sea and try to catch as many fish as possible. When you have saved enough money, you could buy a bigger boat and catch even more fish. Soon you will be able to afford to buy more boats, set up your own company, your own production plant for canned food and distribution network. By then, you will have moved out of this village and to Sao Paulo, where you can set up HQ to manage your other branches.”

The fisherman continues, “And after that?”
The businessman laughs heartily, “After that, you can live like a king in your own house, and when the time is right, you can go public and float your shares in the Stock Exchange, and you will be rich.”
The fisherman asks, “And after that?”
The businessman says, “After that, you can finally retire, you can move to a house by the fishing village, wake up early in the morning, catch a few fish, then return home to play with kids, have a nice afternoon nap with your wife, and when evening comes, you can join your buddies for a drink, play the guitar, sing and dance throughout the night!”
The fisherman was puzzled, “Isn’t that what I am doing now?”

The businessman explained, “In the first instance, your livelihood is dependent on catching that fish and for whatever reason that you're unable to catch any fish for a proloned period of time.. there goes your happy and easy going life style... In the 2nd instance, you are fishing for the fun of it... You have a choice to do whatever you want to!
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

As I share in my seminar, the main way to become Rich and Richer is through Capital Gains, not through Income (or cashflow) such as dividends from stocks or rental income from property.

Then there are people who do NOT agree with above. (NOT sure why though becos they did NOT back up their disagreement with actual supporting information or numbers, but I can show you the numbers supporting my view.

The other day I have a conversation with a multi-millionaire who also invest into start-ups, or what people termed as "Angel Investors", and these are what he said to me:

1. I primarily invest into start-up, so first few years of operations there is little or no profits, and thus, I'm not investing to get any dividends, but I'm investing to get Capital Gain either when the co goes IPO or is sold to another company.

2. Many start-ups fail, thus how I ensure that overall I make money is that I would only invest if the upside is alot eg. if I invest into a company at start-up stage and may need 5 to 7 years to exit my investment, I would require 10 times Potential Returns (ie. 10 baggers, or 1000% gain on his capital). If I invest mid-way and may need 3 to 5 years to exit my investment, I would require 3 to 5 times potential returns....(ie. 100% per year). By doing so, even if I invest into 10 companies and only 1 or 2 make it, overall, I would make money.

3. On how he chooses company to invest, he said: these are the criteria:

1. the company must have something UNIQUE to offer, or maybe can carve out a Niche that others might not be able to easily copy.
2. the key founders and management must be Passionate about their business, without Passion, one would easily give up.
3. the management must have the Competence to Execute the business plan, they must have the requisite knowledge or experience, I am not interested to try my luck investing into a Newbie.
4. the management must also have significant investment into the company, so if company fails, they will also suffer alot and feel the pain. I will not invest if the management does NOT put their own money at risk into the company.
5. the business must have a sufficient market size so that it can grow probably 5 to 10 times in a few years, thus the business must be scalable. I will not invest into a company that is not scalable.

when I asked so far did he make or lose money overall? He said of course he make, he is not really an Angel, ultimately he is also trying to grow his wealth through investing.

Why invest in such start-up then? Becos other than financing, his vast experience can come in useful to guide the management team, he can sort of "Mentor" up-coming entrepreneurs and he also enjoy a lot of satisfaction seeing the people he mentor grow and develop over time...so this is why he continues to be an "Angel Investor".

Thus, anyone starting a company if you think you can easily get Private Equity or Angel Investors to invest into your company, by now you should know that this is not the case. Read and re-read what I shared above.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

yes, now people are fijnally awakened. Why Facebook founder, the youngest Billionaire (valued US$15.6 billion) need to borrow a loan for his house for only US$5.95 million?

yes, as I mentioned I learned from multi-millionaire sifus that the Rich always try to use Other People Money instead of their own money, this is called Leverage ie. minimise input, maximise Output (returns). Thus, the Rich do NOT aim to be debt-free unlike the average middle class. ALL the Rich borrow, many examples eg. Genting Singapore now borrow S$2 billion and pay 5.125% interest just to be standby money for possible Opportunities...shareholders of Genting Singapore even questioned why the management is doing such a silly thing....and Mr Lim (the boss) have to tell the shareholder that you need to borrow the money before you need it, becos by the time you need it, it is too late to borrow and the Opportunity may already be gone.

Many seminar attendees before they attend my seminars, many hold the Middle Class Thinking "to be debt free as soon as possible", "do NOT borrow if I have cash myself" or pay double the insurance premiums and only get half the coverage or "insurance plan is a good form of saving" or Bank Deposit is safest (truth it is most dangerous becos guaranteed to lose money as interest less than inflation)...some got a Big shock and feeling of Enlightenment (in financial matters) after they attend my seminars, but I know there are some seminar graduates who are NOT confident or doubtful about some of the things I taught (I can only say this is their Loss, not mine, since I did teach everything I know that WORKS).

Thus, truly if you attend my seminars, you will get to Learn How the Rich Think (mindset of the Rich), what the Rich do (borrow Good Debt avoid Bad Debt to become Richer and Richer), How the Rich invest into Stocks, How the Rich invest into property...what I taught in the seminars alot of it is NOT available in ANY books outside other than some portion from the 3 books I wrote myself.

Thus, as I said, what I teach in my 3 seminars is the ONLY Comprehensive Financial Education Seminars in Singapore, which cover Overall Financial Planning (How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars Seminar), how to invest in stocks (Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar) an how to buy for home stay and how to invest in property (Secrets to Making Money in Property)...and now with the launch of Secrets to Making Money in Business, we will really cover the 3 main ways How people get Rich. If you go through the Richest 40 people in Singapore, you would realise their source of Wealth comes from making money from stocks, property and/or business.

What about Forex Trading and Option Trading. Well, I have many millionaire customers and several mult-millionaire sifus, the FACT is NONE of them got Rich through Forex or Options.

And in order to make sure more people can attend our seminars, our seminars are Priced at the Lowest Price compared to other seminars in the market (this is something that anyone can easily verify). A typical stock seminar is S$3,000, a typical Property seminar is S$3,000 or more, a typical Business Seminar is S$3,000. So one needs to pay about S$10,000 to attend 3 seminars out there. But they can attend ALL 4 of our seminars at a Special Price of only S$4,096 or 60% DISCOUNT!

Furthermore, we have this forum where seminar graduates can ask questions daily after attending the seminar. We have Monthly Investing Mentor Sharing session and the Quarterly Seminar Graduates' Gathering/Seminar - which are currently ALL complimentary to seminar graduates and we bear all the costs ourselves which run into easily a few thousand dollars just to rent a auditorium alone. And a tea break typically can be S$6 per pax. (x 500 = S$3,000).

Why are we charging the Lowest Price and yet provide FREE continuing follow up and education/guidance to the public?

Becos my main objective is to educate the public, not to make money. Some seminar speakers even sell properties to their graduates, and you know 1% commission on a property can be already S$10,000 (for a S$1 million property). I know it is very lucrative but I do NOT sell any properties in my seminar, becos my Main Aim is to educate, not to make money.

The funny thing is there remains 1,000 seminar graduates who did NOT even register themselves in this Forum. Thus, I think this happen becos the forum is offered FREE to them. Thus, I am likely to going to introduce a Paid Forum Membership in future, becos as I said, when it is FREE, problem is people do NOT see or appreciate the Value, if it is Paid, then I bet the Forum will be 10 times more active with more participation from seminar graduates. So this is going to happen soon. Why am I doing it? I already provided the reason becos people don't value things that are FREE.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
racoon12 wrote:So....the rich get richer ... refinance let other pay for his assest

Why does billionaire Mark Zuckerberg need a loan?
Jul 18, 2012
By Romesh Navaratnarajah:

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) recently refinanced his Palo Alto home near the company’s headquarters with a 30-year 1.05 percent adjustable mortgage rate.

This has left many wondering why a billionaire such as himself, valued at around $15.6 billion (S$19.67 billion), would take out a loan for a US$5.95 million (S$7.5 million) house when he can buy it outright.

According to analysts, this is because US mortgage rates are at historical lows and Zuckerberg’s loan costs absolutely nothing.

“When you borrow at an interest rate that’s below the rate of inflation, you’re essentially borrowing for free,”
said Greg McBride, Senior Analyst at mortgage tracker Bankrate.com.

“When you can borrow for free, there’s no sense in tying up your own money, when you can use that money for more profitable things,” he added.

Zuckerberg’s low rate is due to the fact that his mortgage is adjustable, so the interest rate could go up. While these types of loans usually have lower interest, they are reserved for borrowers with zero risk.

“This is not a product reserved for celebrities,” McBride said. “They aren’t necessarily billionaires. We’re talking about people who are millionaires, at least – corporate executives, wealthy people.”
Cheers!

Battleship
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by Battleship »

Alamak.. That means people like me who read the forum everyday has to pay too. =(
Haa. But then again, if there were more people after making this a paid forum, then the value-add would have been more.
Dennis Ng wrote:yes, now people are fijnally awakened. Why Facebook founder, the youngest Billionaire (valued US$15.6 billion) need to borrow a loan for his house for only US$5.95 million?

yes, as I mentioned I learned from multi-millionaire sifus that the Rich always try to use Other People Money instead of their own money, this is called Leverage ie. minimise input, maximise Output (returns). Thus, the Rich do NOT aim to be debt-free unlike the average middle class. ALL the Rich borrow, many examples eg. Genting Singapore now borrow S$2 billion and pay 5.125% interest just to be standby money for possible Opportunities...shareholders of Genting Singapore even questioned why the management is doing such a silly thing....and Mr Lim (the boss) have to tell the shareholder that you need to borrow the money before you need it, becos by the time you need it, it is too late to borrow and the Opportunity may already be gone.

Many seminar attendees before they attend my seminars, many hold the Middle Class Thinking "to be debt free as soon as possible", "do NOT borrow if I have cash myself" or pay double the insurance premiums and only get half the coverage or "insurance plan is a good form of saving" or Bank Deposit is safest (truth it is most dangerous becos guaranteed to lose money as interest less than inflation)...some got a Big shock and feeling of Enlightenment (in financial matters) after they attend my seminars, but I know there are some seminar graduates who are NOT confident or doubtful about some of the things I taught (I can only say this is their Loss, not mine, since I did teach everything I know that WORKS).

Thus, truly if you attend my seminars, you will get to Learn How the Rich Think (mindset of the Rich), what the Rich do (borrow Good Debt avoid Bad Debt to become Richer and Richer), How the Rich invest into Stocks, How the Rich invest into property...what I taught in the seminars alot of it is NOT available in ANY books outside other than some portion from the 3 books I wrote myself.

Thus, as I said, what I teach in my 3 seminars is the ONLY Comprehensive Financial Education Seminars in Singapore, which cover Overall Financial Planning (How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars Seminar), how to invest in stocks (Secrets to Making Money in Stocks Seminar) an how to buy for home stay and how to invest in property (Secrets to Making Money in Property)...and now with the launch of Secrets to Making Money in Business, we will really cover the 3 main ways How people get Rich. If you go through the Richest 40 people in Singapore, you would realise their source of Wealth comes from making money from stocks, property and/or business.

And in order to make sure more people can attend our seminars, our seminars are Priced at the Lowest Price compared to other seminars in the market (this is something that anyone can easily verify). A typical stock seminar is S$3,000, a typical Property seminar is S$3,000 or more, a typical Business Seminar is S$3,000. So one needs to pay about S$10,000 to attend 3 seminars out there. But they can attend ALL 4 of our seminars at a Special Price of only S$4,096 or 60% DISCOUNT!

Furthermore, we have this forum where seminar graduates can ask questions daily after attending the seminar. We have Monthly Investing Mentor Sharing session and the Quarterly Seminar Graduates' Gathering/Seminar - which are currently ALL complimentary to seminar graduates and we bear all the costs ourselves which run into easily a few thousand dollars just to rent a auditorium alone. And a tea break typically can be S$6 per pax. (x 500 = S$3,000).

Why are we charging the Lowest Price and yet provide FREE continuing follow up and education/guidance to the public?

Becos my main objective is to educate the public, not to make money. Some seminar speakers even sell properties to their graduates, and you know 1% commission on a property can be already S$10,000 (for a S$1 million property). I know it is very lucrative but I do NOT sell any properties in my seminar, becos my Main Aim is to educate, not to make money.

The funny thing is there remains 1,000 seminar graduates who did NOT even register themselves in this Forum. Thus, I think this happen becos the forum is offered FREE to them. Thus, I am likely to going to introduce a Paid Forum Membership in future, becos as I said, when it is FREE, problem is people do NOT see or appreciate the Value, if it is Paid, then I bet the Forum will be 10 times more active with more participation from seminar graduates. So this is going to happen soon. Why am I doing it? I already provided the reason becos people don't value things that are FREE.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
racoon12 wrote:So....the rich get richer ... refinance let other pay for his assest

Why does billionaire Mark Zuckerberg need a loan?
Jul 18, 2012
By Romesh Navaratnarajah:

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) recently refinanced his Palo Alto home near the company’s headquarters with a 30-year 1.05 percent adjustable mortgage rate.

This has left many wondering why a billionaire such as himself, valued at around $15.6 billion (S$19.67 billion), would take out a loan for a US$5.95 million (S$7.5 million) house when he can buy it outright.

According to analysts, this is because US mortgage rates are at historical lows and Zuckerberg’s loan costs absolutely nothing.

“When you borrow at an interest rate that’s below the rate of inflation, you’re essentially borrowing for free,”
said Greg McBride, Senior Analyst at mortgage tracker Bankrate.com.

“When you can borrow for free, there’s no sense in tying up your own money, when you can use that money for more profitable things,” he added.

Zuckerberg’s low rate is due to the fact that his mortgage is adjustable, so the interest rate could go up. While these types of loans usually have lower interest, they are reserved for borrowers with zero risk.

“This is not a product reserved for celebrities,” McBride said. “They aren’t necessarily billionaires. We’re talking about people who are millionaires, at least – corporate executives, wealthy people.”
Cheers!
Battleship
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Dennis Ng wrote:Hyflux, once a darling by many analysts, who issued research reports saying it is a Buy. Once, Hyflux was above S$3.

Hope ailing sold her Hyflux shares at S$1.60 then. Today, the share price fell to S$1.405 and it recently announced huge cost overrun of S$160 million of its Tuaspring project. The cost overrun has material financial impact on its current year..

Increasing Investment Knowledge can indeed help you to reduce losses and increase gains.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
ailing wrote:Hi Dennis,

I checked and found that I sold off Hyflux in Aug 2011 at $1.685 then, incurred some losses.
so aren't you glad you sold then at a higher price? If you had held on, today the share price is S$1.41, or 16.3% lower. So you avoided further loss of 16.3%. Every loss you reduce/avoid actually is a GAIN, don't you see?

Question is why did you sell then? Was it after doing a FA and TA, or was it just by feeling? If it is just by feeling, then problem is this is very unreliable and cannot be relied upon to make money in the stock market. But if it based on FA and TA, then congratulations! You have taken a big step forward in learning to be a Real Investor.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Rothschild, one of the main families that control the world Finances. The choice of their heir will even have more impact than who is the next President. They have more REAL power than U.S. President, I think they even get to DECIDE who to be President, and I don't mean decide by casting a vote at the ballot box.

Most people cannot see the Real World, what they see as Real World is actually an illusion or game planned and managed by the most powerful people in the world,
and the Most powerful people are NOT the government in most countries (except Singapore), but are the Super Rich which own or control the Global Finances, Food supply and even Pharmaceutical industry. (control without showing ownership).

Once they control these 3 areas, they basically can control the entire world with governments bending their backs for them, as they (the Super Rich and Powerful) can choose to break Politicians' backs anytime.

P.S they can even create virus and then create the cure for virus and make BIG money out of it. This can be done over and over again. They can even choose to make sure it is not a cure, but you need to be medication for the entire life time and milk money from you every month. Unbelieveable? Impossible? Well, it is up to you to call me crazy, it is ok.

Most people are manipulated by them, becos most people confuse Money is Wealth. By manipulating money, they manipulate you who erroneously think that Money is Wealth.

Money is NOT Wealth. What is wealth?
As I said Wealth equals number of people you serve x Value Add you provide. Once you apply the formula for Wealth, you don't worry about inflation, becos if prices rises, you also charge more as well...you are hedged against inflation. While most people who work for a certain amount of money and when inflation rises, they become Poorer immediately.

Wake up to the Real World, when you attend my seminars, you are actually joining a Wealth Revolution, becos we (middle class) will rise to become Rich after understanding HOW the Rich and WHAT they do, and we get richer with each Crisis, just like the Super Rich become more and more Rich and Powerful through each Crisis (merger of banks in year 2008 Crisis now make 10 banks in U.S. control 80% of the assets in the banking sector).

My seminars are probably the only seminars that teaches Real Financial Education in Singapore, not teaching you to trade or speculate, that even Billionaire Peter Lim (once a Remiser King) advises against. If even a former Remiser advises you against Trading, and he is now a BILLIONAIRE, you ought to pay attention and listen, becos I may be too small for you to want to listen to.

Wake up to the Real World, the sooner you wake you, the sooner Life becomes smoother for you. The later you wake up, the more difficult life will become in the years ahead as the Middle Class will be squeezed further and further. (can't you see this TRUTH?)

Wake Up.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Rothschild Anoints Alexandre Heir as Family Cements Reign
By Jacqueline Simmons and Anne-Sylvaine Chassany - Jul 20, 2012 5:00 AM GMT+0800

Alexandre de Rothschild said his father always told him to “do what you want -- if you want to play tennis, go ahead.” Alexandre, now 32, did not devote his life to perfecting his serve, breeding horses, or the other pursuits one might imagine are available to a scion of the world’s biggest family-owned bank.

Instead, he took jobs at other financial firms before joining the family business four years ago, becoming the seventh generation of a banking dynasty that can be traced to the 18th century.

Family photographs of the Rothschilds are seen on the desk of Alexandre de Rothschild, executive director of the Rothschild Group and a member of the supervisory board of Paris Orleans SA, at the company's headquarters in Paris. Photographer: Balint Porneczi/Bloomberg
Enlarge image Rothschild Group Executive Director Alexandre de Rothschild

Alexandre de Rothschild, executive director of the Rothschild Group and a member of the supervisory board of Paris Orleans SA, poses for a photograph alongside a portrait of his grandfather Guy de Rothschild, at the company's headquarters in Paris.

Today, as the firm undergoes a generational shift to younger bankers, he’s being groomed to run Rothschild and succeed his 69-year-old father, David, within five years, according to three people with direct knowledge of the plan.

“Whether it’s chairman, CEO, one, the other, both -- it could take various forms and there’s no timing pressure,” said Alexandre in his first interview. His father, David de Rothschild, isn’t worried about his readiness. “What I observe of Alexandre’s attitude and behavior and what colleagues tell me is very comforting,” he said. “But again, he’s not under pressure to be more visible or add titles. Things are progressing as they should.”

The comments by David and Alexandre are the most explicit yet to spell out succession plans at Rothschild, a storied name in finance that reported revenue of 1.14 billion euros ($1.42 billion) last year and ranks 10th among banks worldwide in advising on deals, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. It advised Nestle, the world’s biggest foodmaker, on its $11.9 billion takeover of Pfizer’s infant nutrition unit this year.
Presumed Ascension

Alexandre’s presumed ascension is part of his father’s long-sought goal to establish a new corporate structure that cements control of the firm within the Rothschild family. The plan, approved by shareholders on June 8, converted Paris Orléans, the holding company for Rothschild operations in France, the U.K., and elsewhere, into a limited partnership. The family now has 56 percent of voting rights, though its ownership stake is 47 percent. About 38 percent of the group’s shares will be listed on the Paris exchange.

Combining operations gives Rothschild a central balance sheet where it can book fees from advising on mergers. That will enable the creation of a global profit statement -- meaning less infighting over fees and more incentive to work together, according to Olivier Pecoux, co-chief executive officer of Rothschild’s financial advisory unit alongside Nigel Higgins.
Balance of Power

The consolidation further shifts the balance of power to Paris, where David and Alexandre are based, along with 150 of Rothschild’s 900 investment bankers. “They became very decentralized, and it’s a good thing this is happening,” said Niall Ferguson, a professor of history at Harvard, who wrote The House of Rothschild: The World’s Banker 1849-1999. The Rothschild business model, he said, “will look more and more attractive as the age of global megabanks comes to an end.”

Like other banks, Rothschild has been rocked by the slowdown in deals. About 70 percent of its revenue comes from advising on takeovers, restructurings, and other transactions -- and that revenue is down about 30 percent since 2007. Rothschild also oversees private equity investments. It doesn’t underwrite debt or equity or lend to companies.

“The business is taking a lot of knocks from the economic climate, and there’s nothing to suggest it will change soon,” said Anis Bouayad, chairman of Strategie Alliance, which advises companies and banks.
A Strong Team

Bouayad suggested Alexandre will need a strong team to succeed. “The key for their diversification as a family firm will be to bring the right people in alongside Alexandre,” he said.

After graduating from the Ecole Supérieure du Commerce Extérieur outside Paris, Alexandre worked at Bear Stearns as an analyst in the mergers and acquisitions group for two years. He spent the next two years at Argan Capital, a European private equity firm that was spun off from Bank of America.

On joining Rothschild, Alexandre was charged with helping to set up and build the bank’s private equity unit. Thanks in part to his efforts, private equity revenue rose 37 percent last year to 78.5 million euros, just under 7 percent of the firm’s total.

His father also tapped him to play a role in the restructuring, sending him to Hong Kong before he even joined the firm to “get to know” long-time shareholder Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd. (JM), an investment firm, Alexandre said. He then helped negotiate with Jardine to swap its shares for Paris Orleans SA (PAOR)’s.
Recent Recruits

“In normal market conditions, someone at that age coming in with a view to taking over would have been ludicrous,” said Jason Kennedy, CEO of Kennedy Group, a recruiting firm. “But given the state of banking today, older doesn’t necessarily mean wiser.”

In France, the bank has in recent years recruited a handful of bankers in their 30s and 40s, often with ties to the French political establishment. They include Gregoire Heuze, 39, who handled this year’s $10.2 billion buyout of International Power Plc by GDF Suez (GSZ) SA. He was an adviser to former Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin. Sebastian Proto, 34, once a director under former president Nicolas Sarkozy’s budget minister, may return to the bank, people familiar with the matter said.
Rebuilding Rothschild

David, born in the U.S. after his parents fled the Nazis, has wanted to rebuild and protect the family firm ever since then-President François Mitterrand nationalized the French arm in 1982. David established a new French bank in the same year and in 2004 took managerial control of the U.K. side of the business after his cousin Evelyn de Rothschild retired. While under the same corporate umbrella, the group largely remained a collection of regional banks, sometimes leading to tension among bankers.

One point of contention arose this year with the Nestle- Pfizer deal. Rothschild’s Paris bankers, who secured the deal, feel they should reap more of the fees than their U.S. colleagues, according to a banker at the firm. Co-CEO Pecoux denied any dispute and said none of the bankers have brought the issue to his attention.

For now, Marc-Olivier Laurent, a 19-year veteran of the bank who runs the private equity unit, is Alexandre’s boss. The two helped raise a 600 million-euro fund in 2010 called Five Arrows Principal Investments, after the five sons of Mayer Amschel Rothschild, who sent them across Europe to set up banking activities in the 18th century. Alexandre is the great- great-great-great-grandson of Mayer Amschel Rothschild.
Retirement Plans

The bank’s private equity team typically buys minority stakes in European companies worth as much as 500 million euros, putting in 20 million to 60 million euros, and plans to raise money for a new debt fund.

David is noncommittal on his own retirement plan. “I’m in good health and active at 69,” he said. “As soon as I feel I am declining, I don’t want to fall into a trap of wandering the halls where people are saying, ‘I wish he’d leave.’ Some days I say I’ll retire in seven years, other days three. Suffice to say, I won’t hang around longer than reasonable.”

Alexandre, who is married to Olivia Bordeaux-Groult and has three sisters, is the only family member of the younger generation with an operational role at the bank. “What I’d really like is for another family member to join,” Alexandre said. His cousin James works at a Washington D.C. private investment and advisory firm.

His youth can be an asset. Using his friendship with John Elkann, 36, an heir to the Agnelli family of Italy, Alexandre got the family, which controls the Fiat carmaking empire, to invest in Paris Orleans.

When talking about succession, Alexandre is careful to state that his ascension would happen only with the backing of the bank’s top managers.

“The last thing I want to do,” he said, “is impose myself as a leader and CEO just because I carry the name.”

To contact the reporters on this story: Jacqueline Simmons in Paris at jackiem@bloomberg.net; Anne-Sylvaine Chassany in London at achassany@bloomberg.net
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

"True and Fair View" in Audited Financial Statement does NOT mean True or Accurate or Correct at all, anyone who does NOT have an Accountancy Degree and study Accounting Theory (only taught in the final year of Accountancy) may be shocked to hear this, but it is True.

Financial Statements are prepared based on GAAP or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles...look at the definition, it is so General, so Vague and Principles, how to interpret and apply principles may differ from people to people....so an Audited Financial Statement that say the account is True and Fair does NOT mean it is True or Accurate or Correct.

Please note that Auditing is based on sampling test. Becos there are simply too many records to audit, so they take sample. The sample has NO problem does NOT mean ALL the transactions have no problems. I did 2 months of Business attachment for Audit and decided NOT to go into Audit when I realised how auditing is done...and sometimes, when we audit, we write down so many comments but eventually the Auditing Partner signing off may decide to include or not to include some of these comments writen...

There are only BIG 4 Accounting and Auditing Firms in the world. With so many companies scandals, you must ask yourself why they are NOT implicated or in trouble? If Firm A audit and company goes into trouble, then they may appoint Firm B to do Special Audit, and next time, it may be the other way round, time for Firm B is the auditing firm and Firm A is doing the Special Audit...wake up to the Real World please.

In my seminar, I share many accounting tricks that can be done legally to twist and change the accounting figures, they are learned from many heartaches and losses suffered where I was tricked by such tricks and now I share all the Accounting Tricks I learned in my 19 years of Investment Experience in my seminars, which even someone after investing 30 years might NOT learn all these things if they do NOT have sufficient accounting knowledge. (Mind you, I'm an Accountancy Graduate, during my time when I graduated in 1993 (only 30% are guys), there is only One School of Accountancy, it is very strict and only the best can enrol, similar to having only one Law School and Only One School of Medicine). Of course, nowadays, even SIM plus 3 universities offer Accountancy Degree and each year there are many, many more graduates, I'm NOT so sure whether the standards are maintained or not.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Do you know that if you attended my seminar, you could have avoided losing money in China Hongxing and China Gaoxian? Becos one of the Financial Warning Signals I teach in the seminar is Rising and High Accounts Receiveables...you would have cut loss or avoided investing into these 2 companies if you analyse their Accounts Receiveables...

So please ask your family, friends, colleagues to attend my seminar ASAP, before they cry over losses that could have been AVOIDED if they had learned from me.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

some angry comments I saw in internet forums:

Below comments not written by me.

"SIAS is totally useless.

I used to subscribe to their services to show my support for the organization. I tell you, their research will make you lose money...and they have the cheek to say that they do plant visit? "

Company in comment? China HongxingSports:

and can you believe it? China Hongxing won "Most Transparent Company" Awards by SIAS and Asiamoney?
http://www.chinahongxing.com.sg/Awards& ... ations.asp

Some of the awards, they garnered in year 2008:
Runner up in the 'Most Transparent Company in the Foreign Listings' category in the 9th annual Investors' Choice Awards 2008 by the Securities Investors Association of Singapore (SIAS

Garnered five award wins in Asiamoney's Corporate Governance Poll in 2008: Best Overall for Corporate Governance, Best for Disclosure and Transparency, Best for Responsibilities of Management and the Board of Directors, Best for Investor Relations and Best Investor Relations Officer in China
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

many people rely on Analysts' Research Reports recommendation to buy stocks. Do you know that they OFTEN get it wrong? And some might even recommend BUY shortly before the company goes into trouble. Oh my gosh, do they really know how to analyse?

What they analyse is based on what is taught in the school and might not pass the Real World Test, ie. what works in the real World. In my seminar, I only teach something after I'm VERY SURE it works in the Real World, theories such as "Intrinsic Value" that are good on paper and does NOT work in real world, I do NOT teach. I don't teach useless stuff, only Professors will like to teach theory, I only teach what works in the Real World.

As I said, you would have cut loss or avoided investing into China Hongxing Sports before it went into trouble, becos its financial statement showed a sudden jump and increase in Accounts Receiveables, which is taught as one of the Financial Warning Signal....the company shares were suspended from trading after previous financial statements have been issued for some time...(enough time to analyse and avoid/cut loss).

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:31 Mar 2011

NextInsight.net was one of the websites that issued Buy call for "China Hong Xing" before it got suspended. (NextInsight is set up by Leong Chan Teik (former Editor of Invest section of Sunday Times) set up in mid-2007 (what a Bad Timing, just before Stock Market Crash) together with Leong Chan Teik, a former Straits Times senior correspondent, and Kathy Zhang, founder and MD of Financial PR, (which helps companies list in Singapore, mainly China companies).

Chan Teik was a journalist for 18 years with The Straits Times, where he won several in-house awards for excellence. He also received the SIAS Financial Journalist of the Year 2002 accolade. (SIAS stands for Securities Investors Association of Singapore).

After his departure, Lorna Tan took over as Editor of Invest Section of Sunday Times from then till today.

I've been interviewed by Leong Chan Teik on several occasions and even met up with him to talk about investing. He appears to be a strict 100% Value Investor who does NOT believe in using Technical Analysis to help to decide when to Buy and Sell stocks. He's like Warren Buffett, prefers to buy and hold stocks forever...(actually Warren Buffett do sell stocks, despite what he said, for example, in year 2007, he sold all his holdings of PetroChina before China Stock Market crashed...so people might be just listening to Warren Buffett blindly without observing what he DOES (Action Speaks Louder than Words).

I personally think it is silly to buy and hold forever, which is akin to riding a Roller Coaster up and down, not knowing when to get down. (Sell).

I'm a Market Cycle Investor, preferring to hold a stock to ride the uptrend and sell High and get out to avoid Market Crash...then I repeat the process, after Market Crash, Buy Low and ride the next uptrend in Markets, that's how I made my first Million in year 2008.

NextInsight’s senior writer and photographer is Sim Kih, who was an investor relations consultant for several years after working in equity sales at OSK-DMG & Partners. She has cleared all her Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations.

Before that, Kathy Zhang of Financial PR set up WallStraits.com with Curtis Montgomery in year 1999.

Curtis uses a 8 step analysis process to analyse companies. In the end, many of the companies he analysed as Good Buys turned out differently and anyone investing in those companies would have lost alot of money, including stocks such as United Food and Sunray. Curtis disappeared from internet forum in year 2007 before WallStraits.com was discontinued...

Curtis wrote a few books, including "Sun Tzu On Investing". I even helped organised a few seminar for Curtis and exchanged knowledge and ideas with him, but in the end, I realised that what he uses to analyse may not make sense as he Project profits and cashflows for 10 years (similar to formulas calculating Intrinsic Value)....which resulting in him having overly Optimistic View of some stocks...

So even Authors of Stock Investing books might NOT get it Right themselves...he also does NOT consider Technical Analysis and the Presence of Invisible Hands, things which I learned from other Real Life Multi-milionaires which I found to work very well in Investing into Singapore Stock Market...and of course, the rest is history, I made my First Million in year 2008.

one of the books written by Curtis Montgomery:

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Tzu-Investing ... 0470821078

8 business screens of the WallStraits devised by Curtis Montgomery :

1. Consistent historical sales and earnings growth
2. Conservative Financing with total debt less than a single year's net earnings
3. Consistently high return-on-equity (ROE), > 15% each year
4. Intelligent Capital Allocation Decisions
5. Business is easy to understand, and Management is open and honest
6. 2x5y: Industry sector supports doubling of sales and earnings
7. Sustainable Competitive Addvantages are evident
8. Attractive Valuation based on Discounted Cash Flow projections
Cheers!

racoon12
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by racoon12 »

SOS message:

Hi All
"This forum will discontinue unless 30 participate to Give" http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... =16&t=2690

please support by doing 3 charity work: and report in on the above forum :D :)

1. do a donation
2. tell them about this forum information able to enlightened them on crisis preparation
3. teach kids or children to be good by sharing what they have on their hands
4. Tell them about positive debts & negative debt difference
TieGe
Investing Mentor

Post by TieGe »

Hi Friends,
Please allow me to ride on this thread and reading at the content, this topic is indeed very important to Dennis's heart.

I am deeply sadden...............and shocked.

Dennis Ng passed away this morning 12:20 am. The wake runs tonight till Sat at Blk 632 Veerasamy Road. Funeral on Sunday.

Do attend the wake and show our last respect.

Tie Ge
93380331TieGe
Investing Mentor