The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Re: The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

Post by candy_chia »

Dennis must be very happy with the silent readers finally took action, see so many 1st postings. :D
zzzhou

Post by zzzhou »

Very shock and sad. Dennis sifu enlightened me to contribute to society with living happy life and how to master own financial destiny. I highly respect him for his selfless spirit to help other people lead better lives. Thanks a lot for your guidance, Dennis sifu, I'm sure you will rest in peace.
kolch
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by kolch »

Dennis Sifu, your selfless spirit has leave a good legacy. Thank you and Rest In Peace.
David Goh
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by David Goh »

I just saw the news thru Wan Bao. It's really shocked and sad. He is a real sifu and mentor that willing to teach and share selflessly. I really appreciated what he had contributed to the society.

I express my Deepest Condolences to Dennis Family. May him rest in peace.
xinfoyu511

Post by xinfoyu511 »

I feel sorry and express my Deepest Condolences to Dennis Family.

I could not attend the wake tomorrow, may I know anyhow that I can pay the "白金"?
TieGe
Investing Mentor

Post by TieGe »

xinfoyu511 wrote:I feel sorry and express my Deepest Condolences to Dennis Family.

I could not attend the wake tomorrow, may I know anyhow that I can pay the "白金"?
You can still attend the wake on Sat.
The wake runs tonight till Sat at Blk 632 Veerasamy Road. Funeral on Sunday.

Do attend the wake and show our last respect.

Tie Ge
93380331TieGe
Investing MentorTieGe
Investing Mentor
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

Shared the same view as ein55, let's bury the hatchet and be united as a greater force.

Perhaps tonight, 27 July, (7pm to 7.3opm when you pay respect to our beloved teacher) maybe a great opportunity to gather all interested graduates to discuss the future directions of this forum or whether the Investing Learning Group should proceed?
ein55 wrote:I have been away from this forum for the past 4 months, no reading nor writing until today. It happens to be a sad day for all in this forum.

After knowing the background of Dennis' poor health, I think some of us may have misunderstood his past actions to close the forum and stop teaching. He probably knows about his poor health condition and seriously considering reserving more time for himself and family, if the forum not worth his attention anymore. So, he has probably make up his mind recently by giving a final test to the forum to make a decision, whether it worths his sacrifice.

Unfortunately, it is too late. Looking back, I am actually hoping he could successfully close the forum and exit from the investment education programs, as he deserves the enjoyment of financial freedom. This way, he may be able to improve his health over the time.

His unique way of teaching (with strong emotion to "wake up" the learners) probably has affected his health over the years, especially for heart/liver, esp with very little rest and overloaded work. It is also not easy for someone who is under the spotlight (TV, radio, books, seminars, interview, etc) to quit everything overnight, even he has achieved financial freedom. Once the train is moving to full speed, it is hard to change the momentum to slow down or stop it.

His strong character (a common quality found in many successful people) helps him to be persistent in achieving his dream project of helping others achieving financial freedom. At the same time, this same character unfortunately has somehow clashed with some graduates who have different opinions, including some of us, causing unwanted misunderstanding, resulting in ineffectiveness in his teaching plans to deliver the desired results. This has probably depressed him further, especially over the past 1 year when market is highly uncertain, most graduates look upon him for direction, but in reality, probably only God knows whether the market will be eventually up or down. Mixed market signals and different views have somehow disintegrated the forum group, as few people will admit they are wrong. As a result, more people keep quiet, less sharing, leading to recent misunderstanding that the graduates are not willing to share.

No one is perfect. Under the same condition, perhaps few of us can do better than him to resolve the difficulties encountered to achieve the goals.

It is time for RECONCILIATION , learning from the past but MOVING FORWARD without further regret.

Let's continue to share the investment knowledge with one another, not just within the forum, but also with the people around your circle of influence.

HE HELPED US AND WE HELP OTHERS, I believe this is what Dennis hopes to see from us eventually.
accord
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by accord »

I believe dennis greatest dream project is
- graduates like us can continue sharing, & educating the public to become financial free.
- to "pay-it-forward. Continuous helping whoever is in need and contribute to the society in whatever ways...

We must keep this forum more lively than before...
Maintaining this forum is a Must.

United is power.
smile822

Post by smile822 »

I went to his wake yesterday night. I felt sad but life goes on. His family members have accepted his death. His wife looks strong too. 9.58 DJ Wang Li Zheng was there also.
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

危机是一个机会? Is this CRISIS an OPPORTUNITY TO UNITE EVERYONE?

dragonhart2 wrote:dear All,

一日为师,终生为父. This forum, investing group, and other activities will continue.....WE (everyone) will make sure it does......Even in his passing, Dennis also continue to teach us.....to wake us up!

i will be there tonight.

regards,
jason.
lynnboh
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by lynnboh »

I am inspired by Dennis's vision of helping people and bridging the rich and poor wealth. An article in the Straits Times a few days ago said the a top US CEO pay is 263 times that of an average worker and an another article said that the rich has stashed up trillons of financial assets in tax safe havens therefore depriving government of tax revenue in their coffers. Dennis has seen this earlier than anyone one of us and therefore have set up of this forum with the purpose of helping people reach financial freedom.

Let his legacy lives on.
May the peace of the Lord be to his family.
Barney

Post by Barney »

I agreed with dragonhart2 , 一日为师,终生为父. I will attend the wake tonight to pay my last respect. Will try to get more graduate to attend the wake.
真正的快乐来源于宽容和帮助。
teomt

Post by teomt »

This forum must go on. I will attend the wake tomorrow.
lewnk
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by lewnk »

天妒英才!

My Deepest condolences to Dennis' family.

I am deeply saddened over the loss of my Dennis sifu.

Your training course is an eye opening for me how as an average person can do to reach financial freedom.

You are really a committed and selfless teacher that I have ever met.

Dear Dennis Sifu, Thank you very much for your guidance and Rest In Peace.
Andy Ong

Post by Andy Ong »

Dear Dennis Sifu.

May you rest in peace and thanks for all your teaching and sharing. My deepest condolences to your family.