RIP, our dearest mentor and teacher, Dennis Ng

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

moonman

Re: RIP, our dearest mentor and teacher, Dennis Ng

Post by moonman »

RIP Dennis. Thank you for your selfless sharing.

My condolences to his family and hope all is well. May his spirit and belief live on.
nglekhong
Senior Forum Member

Post by nglekhong »

A very sad news, my beloved teacher... A Great Loss to the society.
My deepest condolences to his family. RIP
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

Shared the same view as ein55, let's bury the hatchet and be united as a greater force.

Perhaps tonight, 27 July, (7pm to 7.3opm as suggested by Yew Kin) maybe a great opportunity to gather all interested graduates to discuss the future directions of this forum or whether the Investing Learning Group should proceed?
ein55 wrote:I have been away from this forum for the past 4 months, no reading nor writing until today. It happens to be a sad day for all in this forum.

After knowing the background of Dennis' poor health, I think some of us may have misunderstood his past actions to close the forum and stop teaching. He probably knows about his poor health condition and seriously considering reserving more time for himself and family, if the forum not worth his attention anymore. So, he has probably make up his mind recently by giving a final test to the forum to make a decision, whether it worths his sacrifice.

Unfortunately, it is too late. Looking back, I am actually hoping he could successfully close the forum and exit from the investment education programs, as he deserves the enjoyment of financial freedom. This way, he may be able to improve his health over the time.

His unique way of teaching (with strong emotion to "wake up" the learners) probably has affected his health over the years, especially for heart/liver, esp with very little rest and overloaded work. It is also not easy for someone who is under the spotlight (TV, radio, books, seminars, interview, etc) to quit everything overnight, even he has achieved financial freedom. Once the train is moving to full speed, it is hard to change the momentum to slow down or stop it.

His strong character (a common quality found in many successful people) helps him to be persistent in achieving his dream project of helping others achieving financial freedom. At the same time, this same character unfortunately has somehow clashed with some graduates who have different opinions, including some of us, causing unwanted misunderstanding, resulting in ineffectiveness in his teaching plans to deliver the desired results. This has probably depressed him further, especially over the past 1 year when market is highly uncertain, most graduates look upon him for direction, but in reality, probably only God knows whether the market will be eventually up or down. Mixed market signals and different views have somehow disintegrated the forum group, as few people will admit they are wrong. As a result, more people keep quiet, less sharing, leading to recent misunderstanding that the graduates are not willing to share.

No one is perfect. Under the same condition, perhaps few of us can do better than him to resolve the difficulties encountered to achieve the goals.

It is time for RECONCILIATION , learning from the past but MOVING FORWARD without further regret.

Let's continue to share the investment knowledge with one another, not just within the forum, but also with the people around your circle of influence.

HE HELPED US AND WE HELP OTHERS, I believe this is what Dennis hopes to see from us eventually.
KIASU
Senior Forum Member

Post by KIASU »

A truly selfless teacher.
A great loss to all of us and to the society.
My deepest condolences to his family. RIP
lynnboh
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by lynnboh »

I am inspired by Dennis's vision of helping people and bridging the rich and poor wealth and I am not even one of his graduates. I used to visit this forum because my wife is one of his gradautes. An article in the Straits Times a few days ago said the a top US CEO pay is 263 times that of an average worker and an another article said that the rich has stashed up trillons dollars of financial assets in tax safe havens therefore depriving government of tax revenue in their coffers. Dennis has seen this earlier than anyone one of us and therefore have set up of this forum with the purpose of helping people reach financial freedom.

Let his legacy lives on.
May the peace of the Lord be to his family.lynnboh
Jonas
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by Jonas »

Very very sad to loss a sifu like Dennis.. RIP..
My deepest condolences to his family..
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

A thought-provoking video as a tribute to our sifu who shared selflessly, till his very last breath, presented by fellow seminar graduate, Serene Loong.

Cannot hold back my tears while watching this magnificent masterpiece.
sereneloong wrote:Even in his death, Dennis continues to teach and inspire me. I have made this lesson into a video:
HOW TO ACHIEVE IMMORTALITY.
It is testament to Dennis' amazing life. Thank you for all that you have given so selflessly.

To watch Dennis' final lesson for me, click here: http://www.reallifetheory.com

Much love and respect,
Serene
P.S. I tried uploading the video directly on the forum but that didn't work. Pls click to view in memory of our Sifu...
johnltc8

Post by johnltc8 »

Hi all,

These few chinese wording best describe Dennis sifu, that is 春蚕到死丝方尽, 蜡炬成灰泪始干.

Johnson Lim
relaxman
Senior Forum Member

Post by relaxman »

Dear Shifu Dennis, really can't accept you left us!
Really felt very very sad..
I learnt and I'll give what you taught.

RIP..
ealan2000
Senior Forum Member

Post by ealan2000 »

Went down yesterday to bid shifu good bye. Kinda miss shifu. While I may not be a bright student, I still managed to learn something from him. He inspires me alot and I will also continue to share what I know to my loved ones.