Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

wemakebread wrote:ha ha, I think this makes an original quotable quote :)

Dennis, you're the rare gem in the market to offer such value-for-money seminars, no hidden agenda & FREE forum support so that we can continue to ask, learn and tap on your experience, as well as those of fellow forumers.

There's just too many fishy business in the fish market right now, where the big fishes are just thinking of eating the small fishes to fatten their own belly.
Dennis Ng wrote:
I just Teach, I don't try to sell any property to any Seminar Graduate in my seminar. The Objective is to "teach you how to fish" (How to look out for Good Property Deals you can buy yourself), not to Sell you some Fishes I caught.
Hi wemakebread,

Yes, I heard of another seminar whereby the guy (don't want to mention any names) actually bring you on a Coach to go around viewing properties in Singapore until they reach their final destination, a "fish" (property) they bought and NOW gladly offer to sell to the Seminar Graduates.

As mentioned, one of the Main Reasons I'm conducting seminars is becos I reached the "point of I cannot stand it anymore" of some of these seminars out there, that I want to just give the Public REAL Seminar that really TEACH you Secrets to Making REAL Money in Stocks and Property.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
lootster
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lootster »

Thanks Dennis,

From what I understand, you did invest with Walton right? I was waiting for you to talk more on that during your seminar which you didn't so would you mind sharing why you invest with them?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lootster wrote:Thanks Dennis,

From what I understand, you did invest with Walton right? I was waiting for you to talk more on that during your seminar which you didn't so would you mind sharing why you invest with them?
Hi lootster,
I share a few important questions to ask yourself before you invest into Land. I think if you go through those questions, you might come to the conclusion that only one Company, Walton answer all those questions satisfactorily.

This discussion forum is created NOT to discuss any specific company's products/services in detail, so if you really want more info about the company, I can refer you to speak to their company representative directly.

In my seminar, I also shared that Never, never, never invest into Green Belt Reserve Land, it is akin to investing into land in Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. If you don't know what is Green Belt Reserve land, here is some info from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_belt
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

Sometimes, it helps to go into Google Earth to take a look at the land & its surroundings. Check whether it is really close to developments, transport (rail, highways, airports, etc), population centers/towns/residential zones, etc

However, checking with the correct government authority (local land registry) is a MUST before putting any money down.

It is like checking with URA and SLA to know what is the landuse and future plans for that plot of land.

Also try to talk to someone who has lived in that country if you can.

There is really a lot of homework to do for overseas investments.
Yet, without such due diligence, we are putting our money at risk by jumping into overseas investments.

Sometimes, it is just simpler and safer to focus on investments that we can understand and get info on.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar

Post by Dennis Ng »

Property as a retirement asset Business Times 23 Feb 2012

Even within a portfolio of properties, one should diversify to include various property segments, says KU SWEE YONG

ALMOST one in 10 Singapore residents are aged 65 and above. There is no dispute that Singapore's resident population (defined as Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents) of 3,789,300 is ageing.

Recent media discussions about the proposed building of several eldercare centres threw the spotlight on the lack of space to provide our elders with better comfort. We would need to do more to provide for our elders, many of whom have survived the war and contributed to building this country.

The next largest category of our population is aged between 45 and 49 years. This group is 324,000 strong. No surprise that the population distribution bulges in the middle: low birth rates, alongside the need to maintain a strong workforce, meant that immigration policies of the past decade have favoured high net worth families and economically productive young foreigners.

Those who are approaching 50 and are sizing up their nest egg and looking forward to their next decade will increasingly demand retirement planning. Unfortunately, our bills do not retire. They continue to pour in monthly: credit cards, utilities, phones, cable access, etc. How many investment classes provide monthly incomes to help one maintain a reasonable standard of living post-retirement?

I am all for diversified investment portfolios. Depending on one's risk appetite, one might have some shares, foreign currencies, fixed income, real estate and perhaps some passion investments such as art, wines and watches. As we reach retirement, the portfolio might take on a lower risk profile, for example with less stocks and private equity and with more fixed income and cash.

At this point, a monthly rental income from real estate ranks high on the list of preferred investments. Real estate is a long-term investment, with low price volatility, steady income stream and especially for freehold property, well suited for multi-generational wealth preservation and wealth transfer.

Considering the above, and with the Central Provident Fund (CPF) withdrawal age being pushed further out, more people are investing their accumulated CPF funds into residential properties and collecting rental income from this source. This is an indirect use of CPF funds which might otherwise be available only when one reaches 65 years. There is no denying that life spans are getting extended due to the good quality of our environment and high standards of medical care. Consequently, CPF withdrawal policies might change further down the road.

Even within a portfolio of properties, one should diversify to include various property segments. Each segment of real estate has its own supply-demand cycles and policy risks. Policy risks in the residential segment are the highest, as evidenced by the numerous cooling measures introduced in the past three years. Therefore, the various streams of rental income should include retail, commercial and perhaps overseas properties.

If we were to broaden our scope further, within the real estate space, alternative investments include debt, private equity in completed buildings or development projects, convertible bonds and even Real Estate Investment Trusts (Reits). Several good quality Reits pay quarterly dividends of between 4 and 7 per cent per annum. This is an opportunity for some clients: they took additional leverage on their largely paid-up property at the current home mortgage rates of about 1.2 per cent to invest in Reits. With interest rates expected to stay low for a few more years, some clients also leverage on their property investments to invest in fixed income instruments such as corporate bonds and private equity debt.

Include some debt

We generally recommend clients to take some debt but not so much that it would stretch their finances, especially for retirement planning. A loan-to-value (LTV) ratio of 60-70 per cent, depending on the property type and the client's risk appetite, provides a good balance between cashflow and risks.

As most mortgages are available to borrowers until they are 70 years old, when investing in a property for retirement cashflow, borrowers need to note the loan repayment plans (which include principal plus interest) versus the potential rental income. For example, an investor aged 58 who has invested in a $1.5 million freehold residential property might take a $900,000 loan (60 per cent LTV) for 12 years. His monthly rental income could be $4,500 but his mortgage payment would be about $7,000 (principal plus interest).

Negative cashflow is not a good thing during retirement. Those who have access to private banking facilities might overcome the negative cashflow situation with revolving credit facilities. A private bank may view a client's total risk based on the total financial assets and property investments pledged with the bank.

Here, the loan against the client's property could be structured such that interest payments are serviced regularly but payments towards reducing the principal sum are deferred until, for example, when the client's investment in a unit trust matures or when a fund is redeemed.

Taking on some debt is good for cashflow purposes but when we consider handing over our wealth to the next generation, having liabilities on the family balance sheet is less desirable. Most of us would not want our children to bear the burden of the property loans upon our demise. In our diversified retirement portfolio, we should always include a Universal Life (UL) insurance plan which has a payout that will cover all the outstanding principal sum of loans.

Those who have several property investments of very different values - say, a landed property, two conservation shophouses and four apartments - might find it challenging to distribute the assets equally to their beneficiaries. In such cases, they could invest in a larger UL that will ensure that the liabilities are paid down upon their demise and in addition, allow for a more even distribution of assets to their beneficiaries.

Involve trustworthy partners

There are a few other things we should consider around our property investments before we can enjoy the cashflow. For legacy planning, would we want to hold the properties under a trust or a foundation? How active do we want to be in managing the investment portfolio after we have retired? Are there tax implications especially where foreign properties may be involved?

Right from the beginning of planning for our retirement, before we even begin to select the assets for our retirement portfolio, we should look for a trustworthy real estate agent and a personal banker. A good banker will assist in managing the loans, the outward payments and reinvesting the incoming rentals. A responsible property agent will help manage the leases and the tenants. Most importantly, the well-qualified property agent must keep tabs on market fluctuations, policy changes and recommend suitable divestments and additions to the portfolio of properties.

Having these strong partners will ensure that our retirement will be a relatively carefree and peaceful one.

The writer is CEO of real estate agency International Property Advisor Pte Ltd and the author of 'Real Estate Riches - Understanding Singapore's Property Market in a Volatile Economy'
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

No worries, in our Secrets to Making Money In Property Seminar, we only educate you, we do NOT try to sell/market you properties whether in Singapore or overseas (U.S., Philippines, Malaysia etc) like what is done at MOST Property Seminars out there.

Here are Comments on another 3 day Property Seminar in hardwarezone:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money ... 546-2.html

WONDER WHY wrote:

you bet, I am one of the participants. she d not teach at all. she jus a co-ordinator who invite 1 lawyer assistant, 1 clerk who help you open a co., 2 propety "guru". she also introduce USA property, you ppl buy 10 untis she get 1 free. manila property, commercial property etc. she do not teach you anything, there is always disclaimer clause.

pls pple, if you are also the participants, your money is yr responsibility, don invest until you find outmore n ask more qns.

She normally will say she buy how many units, but don show us the contract, who knows? you know, 200pplexpay 3000 for 3 days, she made 600,000 in 3 days. now you know wat is use other pple money to make more.....

her partner is Jerome, malaysian who is almost bankrupt n now clear all debts, how? you must hv guts! to be millionaire use other ppl money as many times as you can. PPl is so easy to put in 60% for a property, yet they still minor shareholder, they cannot ask qns, or involved, or withdraw, Wendy will handle everything. d u investor ask qns, read the contract before invest?

the problem here is the ppl are all way out to get passive income,to make capital gain. they forgot to ask qns n find out more first. they are so trusting in her. watever she do, they follow. by the way,there are more ppl organising such courses. one immitate the other.

she got this entrpneur award.Wonder wat basis is use to give the entpreneur award. I was also eager to learn the technique of property investment ,pay 3k, but d not gain any relevant knowledge n technique. I am very angry but do not know how to get back this money?? most i spoke to are not happy too,but they don want to take action, as they find it troublesome. so wendy know the trend n chances of such thinking. one even cute, still want to cont'nue follow her, not wake up yet, though she know she is already stpd....already invested with her recommendation.

tell yr friend n relative wat is happening here, or they too w swallow their ignorance (lost investment) in silence n don dare to tell anyone. of course, u will make profit in 1st round, slowly then u wake up, not immediate....it took 5 to 8 yrs to find out the truth. who is millionaire? u or her/her partner?
Cheers!

AdrianChua
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by AdrianChua »

After attending Secrets to Making Money in Property seminar conducted by Dennis, I applied the 30 things to increase the property value by at least $50,000. Guess what? It worked!

2 days ago, I successfully helped my dad sold his property at $60,000 above valuation. Our agent initially was skeptical that the property could not fetch the price. With Dennis's tips, the result speaks for itself.

I'm grateful for what Dennis has shared with us things that can work in real life.
Thank you Dennis!
Adrian Chua

Twitter: @adrianchua9
Facebook: adrian.xplore

Join our facebook group to learn tricks and tips on iPhone/iPad/Mac, "iPhone/iPad/Mac users in SG"
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

AdrianChua wrote:After attending Secrets to Making Money in Property seminar conducted by Dennis, I applied the 30 things to increase the property value by at least $50,000. Guess what? It worked!

2 days ago, I successfully helped my dad sold his property at $60,000 above valuation. Our agent initially was skeptical that the property could not fetch the price. With Dennis's tips, the result speaks for itself.

I'm grateful for what Dennis has shared with us things that can work in real life.
Thank you Dennis!
Hi AdrianChua,
I'm so glad to hear this.

Yes, some people do not believe much in the 30 things I shared that can increase property value by S$50,000...but I can assure everyone that all 30 things work becos I learned all these from multi-millionaires who apply these techniques and some of the techniques you would clearly realise can only be from real experience and not from books.
Cheers!

yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

AdrianChua wrote:After attending Secrets to Making Money in Property seminar conducted by Dennis, I applied the 30 things to increase the property value by at least $50,000. Guess what? It worked!

Thank you Dennis!
Great to hear the good news!
Believe is the beginning.... Persistent (faith) is the end!
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab