I took 15 years to reach S$1 million, but 2 years to S$2 m..

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

I took 15 years to reach S$1 million, but 2 years to S$2 m..

Post by Dennis Ng »

As you might know, I reached my first million in year 2008, 15 years after starting to work in 1993 (after graduation).

I took 15 years to reach my first million dollars, but in just less than 2 years, I've now reached S$1.8 million and might be able to reach my 2nd million dollars within 2 years'.....when I took 15 years to reach the first million...

That's the Beauty about Wealth Accumulation....when you start, it is slow and takes a long time before you see any tangible results (15 years to reach my first million), but once you reached a Critical Mass (S$1 million), just doubling it would grow to S$2 million.

And when you reach S$2 million, just doubling would be S$4 million, and then S$8 million, next S$16 million, it just gets easier and easier as you built up your Wealth and also Investment Knowledge and Experience...

I'm sharing my personal life journey to Inspire you, not to boast to you.

I would definitely reach my 10th million, it is just a matter of time. However, when I look at the average Singaporean, most of them are still struggling financially. I mean can you now Quit your Job and Retire? Most of you cannot becos your current financial situation does NOT allow it. On the other hand, I'm aged 41 and I already reached Financial Freedom since 2 years ago, when I was age 39. On the other hand, whenever I go to hawker centres, I can see elderly Singaporean cleaning the table and working as cleaners. Why?

I think it is becos they are not financially literate and they were not financially educated....

If I as an Average Singaporean earning average of S$6,000 a month, after Learning How to Master My Finances can become a Millionaire, so can you, if you learn to Master Your Finances.

Of course you need to learn HOW, but the good news is I'm now teaching it, the only question left for you is Do you want to Learn from Me? When do you want to learn from me?
(NOW or sometime in future?). Please don't wait too long....each moment of wait is time wasted and time is needed to Grow Money.

And if you delay your journey to the First Million Dollars, you also delay yourself in reaching the 2nd million, the 4th million and so forth...

I look around and found that there is really NO ONE in Singapore teaching you How to Accumulate Your First Million Dollars, so in the end, I decided to step up to do just that, to teach you "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars".

Details of this 1-day seminar, from 9 am to 6.30 pm is here:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

There is so much I want to teach you that we decide to include Buffet Lunch and 2 Tea Breaks for you, so that you don't spend 1 hour on lunch, but just 30 minutes, so that I can have an extra 30 minutes to teach you.

Some Seminars have little content. NOT this one. This seminar comes with over 100 pages of Course Materials, and of course, it might be your Turning Point to becoming a Millionaire.

Last edited by Dennis Ng on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: I took 15 years to reach S$1 million, but 2 years to S$2

Post by Dennis Ng »

thanks to the rising stock market and rising Gold and Silver prices, my investment portfolio, including Cash in Bank, has now grown to about S$1.97 million and looks on track to reaching S$2 million within 2 years, by 31 Dec 2010.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng, http://www.MasterYourFinance.com
Dennis Ng wrote:As you might know, I reached my first million in year 2008, 15 years after starting to work in 1993 (after graduation).

I took 15 years to reach my first million dollars, but in just less than 2 years, I've now reached S$1.8 million and might be able to reach my 2nd million dollars within 2 years'.....when I took 15 years to reach the first million...

That's the Beauty about Wealth Accumulation....when you start, it is slow and takes a long time before you see any tangible results (15 years to reach my first million), but once you reached a Critical Mass (S$1 million), just doubling it would grow to S$2 million.

And when you reach S$2 million, just doubling would be S$4 million, and then S$8 million, next S$16 million, it just gets easier and easier as you built up your Wealth and also Investment Knowledge and Experience...

I'm sharing my personal life journey to Inspire you, not to boast to you.

I would definitely reach my 10th million, it is just a matter of time. However, when I look at the average Singaporean, most of them are still struggling financially. I mean can you now Quit your Job and Retire? Most of you cannot becos your current financial situation does NOT allow it. On the other hand, I'm aged 41 and I already reached Financial Freedom since 2 years ago, when I was age 39. On the other hand, whenever I go to hawker centres, I can see elderly Singaporean cleaning the table and working as cleaners. Why?

I think it is becos they are not financially literate and they were not financially educated....

If I as an Average Singaporean earning average of S$6,000 a month, after Learning How to Master My Finances can become a Millionaire, so can you, if you learn to Master Your Finances.

Of course you need to learn HOW, but the good news is I'm now teaching it, the only question left for you is Do you want to Learn from Me? When do you want to learn from me?
(NOW or sometime in future?). Please don't wait too long....each moment of wait is time wasted and time is needed to Grow Money.

And if you delay your journey to the First Million Dollars, you also delay yourself in reaching the 2nd million, the 4th million and so forth...

I look around and found that there is really NO ONE in Singapore teaching you How to Accumulate Your First Million Dollars, so in the end, I decided to step up to do just that, to teach you "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars".

Details of this 1-day seminar, from 9 am to 6.30 pm is here:

There is so much I want to teach you that we decide to include Buffet Lunch and 2 Tea Breaks for you, so that you don't spend 1 hour on lunch, but just 30 minutes, so that I can have an extra 30 minutes to teach you.

Some Seminars have little content. NOT this one. This seminar comes with over 100 pages of Course Materials, and of course, it might be your Turning Point to becoming a Millionaire.

Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: I took 15 years to reach S$1 million, but 2 years to S$2

Post by Dennis Ng »

Dennis Ng wrote:thanks to the rising stock market and rising Gold and Silver prices, my investment portfolio, including Cash in Bank, has now grown to about S$1.97 million and looks on track to reaching S$2 million within 2 years, by 31 Dec 2010.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng, http://www.MasterYourFinance.com
It's official, yes, I've reached my 2nd million, S$2 million. It took me 15 years to reach my first million dollars, but it took me slightly less than 2 years, 1 years 11 months, to reach my 2nd million dollars.

I'm sharing this to Inspire and Encourage you. So, what are you waiting for? The longer you delay in making your first million, the longer you delay in making your 2nd million.

Meet you at the "Millionaire Club". :D
Cheers!

daringd
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by daringd »

Congrats, Dennis!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
alvin
Investing Mentor

Post by alvin »

soon it will be multi-millionaire club!
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Hi Dennis,

Congratulation to end the year 2010 with such an inspiration to all of us. I am working toward to profit 100K out of stock market this year. One little step at a time. Next year hopefully double or tripple ;).

In fact last week and today, while people are selling away their stock out of fear and panic, I am buying more to load up my stock portfolio. In fact many people don't realize that this is a golden opportunity to buy good fundamental stock at low price again when all of them Rise more than 10% 3 weeks ago.

My collegue told me he just sold all his stock today and I was surprise and ask him why. He said that the stock market is going to crash ! Then I spend hour to explain to him the it is not time to sell stock and ask him to come to listen to Dennis Seminar, but being a close minded person I am unable to convince him. Well I have try, so not everybody is that lucky to learn the real secret of stock investing. He even tell me that I am crazy to believe Dennis. But I tell him he is only the living proof that he become a millionaire by investing in stock and property. And he is teaching us how to do it without any holding back anything. Then he tell that he rather learn from Warren Buffet and Jim Roger. So I say "OK, if you have really have learnt from them, then why are you selling all your stock today ? I don't think they will advise you to sell your stock at this time when they know all the hot money is gong to flow to Asia" He cannot give me a good answer.

So I hope all of us graduate did not sell their stock due to panic during the last few days. If not you going end up buying more stock at higher price later. I personally think the next few week there is going to be a big rally in Stock market and by year end you shall see the new headline " Stock Market end Year 2010 at all time high since 2007 Crash". Then we have to watch out when to get out when people start rushing in to buy stock without thinking.

James Tai
daringd
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by daringd »

jamestai wrote:Hi Dennis,

Congratulation to end the year 2010 with such an inspiration to all of us. I am working toward to profit 100K out of stock market this year. One little step at a time. Next year hopefully double or tripple ;).

In fact last week and today, while people are selling away their stock out of fear and panic, I am buying more to load up my stock portfolio. In fact many people don't realize that this is a golden opportunity to buy good fundamental stock at low price again when all of them Rise more than 10% 3 weeks ago.

My collegue told me he just sold all his stock today and I was surprise and ask him why. He said that the stock market is going to crash ! Then I spend hour to explain to him the it is not time to sell stock and ask him to come to listen to Dennis Seminar, but being a close minded person I am unable to convince him. Well I have try, so not everybody is that lucky to learn the real secret of stock investing. He even tell me that I am crazy to believe Dennis. But I tell him he is only the living proof that he become a millionaire by investing in stock and property. And he is teaching us how to do it without any holding back anything. Then he tell that he rather learn from Warren Buffet and Jim Roger. So I say "OK, if you have really have learnt from them, then why are you selling all your stock today ? I don't think they will advise you to sell your stock at this time when they know all the hot money is gong to flow to Asia" He cannot give me a good answer.

So I hope all of us graduate did not sell their stock due to panic during the last few days. If not you going end up buying more stock at higher price later. I personally think the next few week there is going to be a big rally in Stock market and by year end you shall see the new headline " Stock Market end Year 2010 at all time high since 2007 Crash". Then we have to watch out when to get out when people start rushing in to buy stock without thinking.

James Tai
Thanks for sharing your personal experience and I personally have benefited from your hard work and keen observations. I hope soon you can reach your profit of 100k :D and soon you will be the millionaire ... and I also hope I will get that profit of 10k as a start :D We all got to start somewhere and thanks for this platform where we can learn and LEVERAGE on each other's sharing.
jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Hi Daringd,

Thanks for the compliment, we all learn from each other here and try to help each other here to be financially free. Dennis would be a good role model here that it is possible for anyone who learn the right way to invest in stock and property to make their hard earn money grow.

Actually for me I don't need to be a millionaire, I just want to be financially free. What I like is when I wake up in the morning, if suddenly I get bad news from my boss they have to lay me off, at least I won't panic and worry about money. Then I will take a short break, catch up with my friend, go listen to Dennis's talk and then look for a job again, so to me as long as I have a year of income saving to survive on and comprehensive insurance to cover me when I am sick so that my family no need to worry me where to find money to pay for the hospital bill, to me I am already financial free.

I am going to be a devil to poke at my colleague later on, because the US stock market just start to rally again when this morning he is telling me that Stock market going to crash.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/15/markets ... /index.htm

Stocks climb on retail sales, Caterpillar deal

James Tai
alvin
Investing Mentor

Post by alvin »

I must thank you in person for Orchard Parade :D

There are many people out there who thinks highly of themselves when it comes to investing. I must applaud your courage to poke these people.

Worst, they don know what they don know and it is this complacency that kills them in the market.

I can feel your persistence to change his thinking :D But I believe only when he lose money then he will be more receptive to know he has to learn the right way to invest. Of course I hope he can learn without losing the money first.

All the best to persuade him!
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
hope
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by hope »

Hi all sifus,

I totally agree with all of you. I am currently in the situation whereby am not sure if i will still have job and I told myself that i will not let this happen to me again and i want to be financial free in few years time.

I really greatful and appreciate all of you sharing selflessly..to be honest, i dont think there is any other forum out there like this. I share with my collegue..told her/him to attend Denise seminar on secret of making money in stocks but they are sceptical and said they will think about it.

They want to know which are the stocks that people buying but didn't want to attend course to learn.

Hope we all jia you and reach financial freedom asap!
Hi, I am newbie and just graduated from Dennis's seminar last week. Hope to learn from all of you :)
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

hope wrote:Hi all sifus,

I totally agree with all of you. I am currently in the situation whereby am not sure if i will still have job and I told myself that i will not let this happen to me again and i want to be financial free in few years time.

I really greatful and appreciate all of you sharing selflessly..to be honest, i dont think there is any other forum out there like this. I share with my collegue..told her/him to attend Denise seminar on secret of making money in stocks but they are sceptical and said they will think about it.

They want to know which are the stocks that people buying but didn't want to attend course to learn.

Hope we all jia you and reach financial freedom asap!
Hi Hope,
I can understand your friends' skepticism. In fact, I started conducting seminars becos I reached the point of "I can't stand it anymore", as I see so many seminars out there charging S$3,000 or higher but teaches very little of the Real Stuff. There are many seminars on Options Trading, Stock Trading, Forex Trading.

However, I look around at all the Rich people I know, including all the sifus I met (the Real Multi-millionaires) and I discovered that they did NOT become Rich through Trading, but through Investing into Stocks and Property, not Option Trading or Forex Trading.

I myself also personally reached my first million through investing, not through Trading.

Your friends do NOT understand that giving them a Fish can only feed them for a day, whereas teaching them How to Fish, they will never go hungry again.

Maybe one day they might be interested to attend when I raise the seminar fees to S$3,000 or more. (to be in line with other seminars out there) :wink:
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

jamestai wrote:Hi Dennis,

James Tai
Hi James,

Out of curiosity, may I pls know what you loaded up more of in your stock portfolio recently?
jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Hi Dragon,

I loaded more of

Orchard Parade holding,
Koh Brothers
Breadtalk
Sky China Patroleum

Another stock which I loaded more is Sapphire Corp limited. This stock is mostly base on my 70% speculation, 20% reasoning/study and 10% because is so damn cheap ! This stock is a Catalist listed stock so not in the SGX mainboard. But so far I see that this is the only Singapore company that partner with China to manufacture of steel & vanadium products. For me my downside is I lost 10K, but the upside I cannot imagine. A lot of invisible hand suppressing the stock price at $0.02 so I may have to wait for years before I see profit out of it if the company don't go bankrupt.

Some info on this company.

http://www.sapphirecorp.com.sg/index.html

Sapphire Corporation Limited (Sapphire) is a Singapore-based company. The Company is engaged in the sale of paints and building materials, repair and renovation works, building construction and retrofitting works, painting contractor, and investments in resources and infrastructure-related companies. It operates in four segments: Integrated steel-making operations, trading of minerals, building maintenance and architectural finishing products and services, and property development. It subsidiaries include Lucky Art Holdings Limited, Sapphire Construction & Development Pte. Ltd., Sapphire Mineral Resources Pte. Ltd. and Neijiang Chuanwei Special Steel Co., Ltd. On June 8, 2009, it acquired 56.85% interest in Lucky Art Holdings Limited. During the year ended December 31, 2009, the Company wound up Sapphire Investment Holding Pte Ltd and Wan Kang Holding Pte Ltd. In August 2010, Sapphire announced the disposal of Sapphire (Shanghai) Management Consultancy Co., Ltd

BRIEF: For the nine months ended 30 September 2010, Sapphire Corporation Limited's revenues increased 28% to SP$71.1M. Net income totaled to SP$88.4M from SP$3.6M. Revenues reflect higher income from manufacturing of steel & vanadium products. Net income also reflects lower building maintenance & architectural finishing product cost, an increase in interest income- associates and the absence of amortization of bond expenses.

I get excited with the market correction last few weeks so I get a little bit greedy.

James Tai
dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

Hi James,

Thanks for your sharing! :D
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Global Financial Crisis was in 2008. How have your Financial Position changed in the last 2 years? I managed to avoid losing money in the Stock Market Crash as I sold most of my stocks in year 2007, and from Oct 2008, when the Crisis was at its worst, I started investing big time into stocks again. I managed to grow my money from S$1 million in year 2008 to above S$2 million now.

When you learn how to Invest, each Financial Crisis is NOT a Crisis but instead a Rare Opportunity for you to get even Richer.

I'm saying this to inspire and encourage you, not to boast, in case you get the wrong impression. So I would suggest you learn How to Invest if you don't know. Becos the Next Global Financial Crisis might hit us again in the next 12 to 24 months.

The Good News is since May 2009, I have started sharing my knowledge/experience through seminars. You can check out these seminars here:

I'm willing to teach and guide you. The only question is: When do you want to learn?
Cheers!