Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Give and You Shall Receive (Prizes for Active Forumers)

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

as most of your (seminar graduates) would know, one Universal Law which I always share in seminars is "Give and You Shall Receive".

Most people in the world only think of "getting, getting, getting".

Many people are "go-getters". However, I think that these people will never get much, because they don't know the Universal Law is "Give and You Shall Receive."

So if you want people to smile to you, smile to others first. If you want love, love first.

This Discussion Forum is made up of Forumers, who are all our seminar graduates. In recent months, I'm sure many would agree that we have benefitted from selfless sharing of fellow forumers.

I like to acknowledge their contribution, and for this First Round, I like to acknowledge 3 persons First. (yes, if you want to be the next to be acknowledged, just "give more" from today onwards. (contribute more in the forum).

They are in Alphabetical Order:
1. Ein55
2. JamesTai
3. JimmyKKL

P.S. Can we all give them a Big Round of Applause to thank them for their contribution to the forum? :D

To claim the prize, they just need to email me their name, mobile number, and address so that I can mail to them.

I know I have omitted some other seminar graduates who also very active in contributing, but like I say, (the ball is in your court), just contribute more and you might be the next "Winner".

These 3 forumers (seminar graduates) have each Won themselves my 2 books and also 1 Ticket to "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" priced at S$298 on www.MasterYourFinance.com

I know they probably have my books and have attended this seminar, so again they can "give" to their friends or family, so that more people can benefit. Of course, they can also re-sell them, (it is ok to do so). The Choice is theirs to make.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
hahabear
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by hahabear »

Congrats James, Ein and Jimmy! Glad that u guys are acknowledged for your efforts, because I, myself have benefited from your sharing in this forum. In fact, this is a forum whereby i will log in whenever I have an internet connection after graduating from the class last year. Thanks for your passion in sharing on your thoughts, analysis and opinion of stocks and current trends. I believe all who read through your postings, would have benefited in one way or another. :D
serenecsc
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by serenecsc »

I sincerely would like to congratulate and thank James, Ein and Jimmy,who always unselfishly contribute to this forum with passion and at the same time continously educate & pass down the knowledge that they learnt and gained to all of us.
thank you so much!
dolphin0655

CONGRATS !!! THESE 3 SELFLESS HEROS & DENNIS DESERVE MOR

Post by dolphin0655 »

YES !!! They really deserve it !! I wish to contribute more like these heroes in this stock forum but just not good at stock investing....So have not much to contribute in this stock forum but in other ways like donate more to charitable organisations and giving treats to my aging parents and children when I had some gotten some gains from this stock forum, hope you all agree with me that these are also parts of contribution ?
Dolphin
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: CONGRATS !!! THESE 3 SELFLESS HEROS & DENNIS DESERVE

Post by Dennis Ng »

dolphin0655 wrote:YES !!! They really deserve it !! I wish to contribute more like these heroes in this stock forum but just not good at stock investing....So have not much to contribute in this stock forum but in other ways like donate more to charitable organisations and giving treats to my aging parents and children when I had some gotten some gains from this stock forum, hope you all agree with me that these are also parts of contribution ?
Hi dolphin0655,
each of us can give and contribute in our own ways. Even asking questions in the forum can also be a form of contribution as well.

I'm very glad that you are thinking of others eg. donating to Charitable organisations, and like to encourage everyone to do what we can, it can be time, it can be care and concern, it can be money.

It's not what we give or contribute, it is the Spirit of Giving that is more important.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
jamestai
Investing Mentor

Post by jamestai »

Hi Dennis and all,

Thank you very much for this acknowledgment. I had learnt alot from all of you here and this forum indeed help me to be wiser in investment and how to make my money work harder for me. Let all work and walk toward financial freedom together.

James Tai
ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Thanks to Dennis for this special encouragement. Thanks to everyone in this forum for being a contributor, listener & supporter, helping one another to achieve financial freedom.

Sharing and replying of each financial topic involves a logical thinking process. The more we ask, the more we learn. We may not be right all the time, more importantly is to learn from each experience. For example, recent correction seems to reach the bottom last week, but this week gets even worst. Although emotionally unhappy to see down market, but personally I view it as a "positive correction" because:

The market was down because it is too hot (property tax to control the rising housing price, higher interest rate to cool down the economy). This is "self control", very different from bear market, which declining over time. So, it may be a "good" problem to have now. Without correction, within 6 months, both property and stock market may quickly reach the peak, inflation flying high like rocket, it could collapse easily, more people will suffer later. We can expect more corrections in near future after each rally. Anyway, we don't gamble, if the fundamental of the market is unchanged, there is no need to worry now.

Likely I will transfer these 2 valuable books and seminar (already have them) to a friend, so that he can also benefit from Dennis' knowledge.

Thanks again, Dennis.
dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

Hi Ein55, James and Jimmy,

Congrats! All of you deserve your prize! Thanx for selflessly sharing all your valuable knowledge with us continually. :D
JIMMYKKL
Investing Mentor

Post by JIMMYKKL »

so "pai seh" but still thanks Dennis & fellow forumers for your patience with me.

i will give the books & ticket to friend's children.

kam sia.
----------------------------------------------
just sharing, not advising
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

what goes round, comes around. Sometimes, it becomes "blur" whether are we giving more or are we receiving more.

My personal experience is that the more I share, the more I learn. So in a way, the person who share the most (give the most), and sharing with others his/her knowledge/experience, stands to benefit the most as well.

In 2009, I've been investing for 16 years and learned from various "sifus", many are multi-millionaires in Singapore, on investing....and from May 2009, I started teaching what I learned...

In the few weeks it took me to prepare the Course Materials, it forced me to crystallise in words some of these concepts I learned (eg. Invisible Hands), and I realised that as I have to share (teach) people these concepts, through the process, I actually deepened my understanding and moved my learning to another level.

In the last 1.5 years in this Discussion Forum, I personally also learned and benefitted from sharing by seminar graduates, sometimes you shared with us Videos, articles, weblinks and other resources that I may never have a chance to know/learn if you (seminar graduates) did NOT share in this forum.

And as I said, even if you didn't share in the forum, by asking questions in the forum, this is also a way of contirbuting,
as others might have similar questions but for one reason or another, did NOT ask. And when someone replied to the question, everyone benefitted from both the questions, and the replies.

So please do NOT be a passive "reader" in the Forum anymore. I encourage ALL of you (all seminar graduates) to actively participate in the forum, be it asking questions, sharing useful information, interesting articles, videos and weblinks, sharing your personal knowledge/experience.

One day you might have the same realisation as me that the more you share, the more you learn. And the person who gives the most, actually receives the most (in one way/form or another).
Cheers!

wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

Truly, I am thankful for the sharing by ein55, james & jimmy as well as many other forumers, including those who ask questions, because everybody get to learn something new & see from refreshing perspective.

The collective knowledge has benefited a lot more people than what Dennis can achieve on his own. It seems like when Dennis provided this forum, it was just an act of 抛砖引玉, sowing the seeds that has now blossomed into a beautiful garden.

Let us all contribute what we can to make this a better place :D
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I really like this forum more and more. Nowadays, more and more people are stepping forward to share their views/knowledge/experience.

This is the Objective when I set up the forum. As I want this forum to be a lively Learning Community and Alumni, where seminar graduates can learn and share with one another.

Frankly, I've learned from sharing by other seminar graduates, sometimes we get to read information/news which we might not have access to or we didn't come across. I get to learn other perspectives, which is truly useful, as each of us have our own Blind Spot, knowingly or unknowingly.

So I just like to say:"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I'm a Teacher to some, but I'm a Student as well, and importantly, I dedicate myself to Life Long Learning. Observe Nature, there is NO status quo, there is only Growth or Decay...so we either Grow or we Decay, there is really no status quo.
Cheers!

DYONG28
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by DYONG28 »

Congrats James, Ein and Jimmy!

Really enjoy your postings...Will try to post more myself...
:D
Keep up the great work...
Cheers!!!
DYONG28
beet007
Senior Forum Member

Post by beet007 »

Congrats Ein, James and Jimmy.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being so selfless in sharing your knowledge and hours of research. I have benefitted a lot from your sharing, esp when you show how to apply the knowledge learnt in Dennis' class analysing real stocks and charts in current situation. Having the knowledge without application is useless, knowledge applied will enable us to gain insight and wisdom and this is so important in investment. Thank you once again.

Cheers! :D
ngtfook
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by ngtfook »

Thanks Dennis, James, Jimmy, ein55, etc...

I am new to the forum. For the last 1 months, I went thru many postings in relation to investing and I find the discussion is lifely and beneficial. Everyone is keen to share and emits positive energy.

Keep up the good work!
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg