Which insurance plans are the best?

Welcome ! As starter, you can discuss anything related to housing loan here, or create your new forum for other topics.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

fred845

Which insurance plans are the best?

Post by fred845 »

Nowadays, we have many insurance plans available in the market that account for our various situations and help us get the desired plan. We need plans for business, life and for many other things. Among this, I would like to know the affordable plans for my travel. I travel a lot and am looking for a good plan that can cover my needs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Which insurance plans are the best?

Post by Dennis Ng »

fred845 wrote:Nowadays, we have many insurance plans available in the market that account for our various situations and help us get the desired plan. We need plans for business, life and for many other things. Among this, I would like to know the affordable plans for my travel. I travel a lot and am looking for a good plan that can cover my needs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
u can get an annual Travel Insurance plan, most insurers have it. You can check out AIG, Great Eastern, etc, if you want, I can refer you to an insurance broker.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

Just curious.

Do travel insurance nowadays cover "acts of God", terrorism, natural disaster, etc? I remember that in the past, these were under the exclusion cause.

Recently when a telemarketeer talked to me about accident insurance, he very confidently stated that their accident insurance can cover such events.
I am not sure whether there is a distinction between accident insurance & travel insurance in this aspect.
Elmery

Re: Which insurance plans are the best?

Post by Elmery »

Selecting a better plan is totally dependant on the situation you are into. The circumstances and the conditions define the plan that you would undertake. Different plans have different terms and these also make up for a certain price. In my opinion, I would advice you to have a look at the Travel Insurance Quote deal offered by HCC Medical Insurance Services which may fit your requirements.
wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

Thanks Elmery!
I will take a look.

The most frustrating thing about many of these telemarketing is their mode of operation. They will offer to send me the application form by courier & expect me to sign up on the spot & return to the courier. Is this to "prevent" me from scrutinising the terms & conditions?

In fact, none are willing to even send me some information fact sheet or brochure so that I can at least verify that the features are accordingly to what they said over the phone.
dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

Hi everyone,

I'm researching through all the different Medical Insurance plans from all the different insurers, to pick the best for my family. I heard rumours that there are some insurers who deliberately find excuses not to pay you when you submit a genuine claim. Does anyone have any good or bad experience to share when you make insurance claims, and which insurer was that? Thanx a lot in advance! :D
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

dragon wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm researching through all the different Medical Insurance plans from all the different insurers, to pick the best for my family. I heard rumours that there are some insurers who deliberately find excuses not to pay you when you submit a genuine claim. Does anyone have any good or bad experience to share when you make insurance claims, and which insurer was that? Thanx a lot in advance! :D
Hi dragon,
from my own experience and that of my friends, I understand that Great Eastern is fastest in terms of claims.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
dragon
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by dragon »

Dennis Ng wrote:
dragon wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi dragon,
from my own experience and that of my friends, I understand that Great Eastern is fastest in terms of claims.
Thanx for ur reply, Dennis! :D