The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Happiness is knowing that my seminars benefitted others, received this email today from a seminar graduate and this will make me very happy the entire day :

I am in accounting field but have no knowledge on share investment at all. I have the same thinkings as Dennis' client who wanted only debt free and dare not to invest.

As mentioned to all of you, I have been seaching for someone who can really "open" my mind and have the real depth in the knowledge to coach me. I get to know Dennis through my Engineering Manager, who has no accounting or Finance knowledge but yet benefited from the seminar by Dennis two years' back. Dennis has really inspired me and "enlightened" me in just 2 days' time, a great mentor indeed;
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Saw this posting by one of the seminar graduates at his website and it makes me so happy to know that what I do does benefit people:

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

http://www.alexyeo.com/the-best-2000-i- ... /#more-245

The Best $2000 I Ever Spend
April 25th, 2011 · Investing

I attended an investing workshop recently on 2nd/3rd April. It’s a 2-day “Secrets to Making Money in Stocks” by Dennis Ng, from www.masteryourfinance.com. I know the title of the seminar sounds cheesy, but I can tell you, there are really secrets. I will explain later.

Some of you might be asking – Dennis who?

You might have came across him in TV interviews, newspapers etc. That’s how I got to “know” him. If you want to know more about him, you can click here.

http://wealthdirections.asia/

By chance, I went to attend Dennis’s preview seminar last month (through BigFatPurse). Don’t ask me why I chose to attend this specific seminar when there are dozens of preview seminars advertised on newspapers daily on making money in Stocks, Forex, Trading etc. I guess it’s because I have seen him on tv previously, so subconsciously I am “aware” of him.

Actually, I just want to take a look, with no intention of signing up any paid course. I have attended quite a few internet marketing preview seminars and I am usually quite skeptical about these kind of seminars.

Well, after attended the preview. You know what. I signed up for the workshop and paid S$1996 on the spot. It includes 3 workshops – stock, property and wealth management.

I signed up for the course, NOT because I got sold. It’s because I want to BUY. During the preview, I realized Dennis is not creating “hype” and he looks very honest and sincere. That’s my first impression of him. He doesn’t look the kind of person with the motive of ripping you off. So, call it my gut-feel for him. Well, there are internet marketing workshops that are like that, sad to say.

Anyway, I always want to learn more about investing. After doing internet marketing for about 4 years, I feel it’s time to pick up another new crucial skill – that is learning how to invest. That is how the rich get richer. I am not saying I am rich. But I strongly believe you need your money to work for you.

I have read some books on investing previously. But seriously, I don’t know how to apply. Also, there are tons of information online on investing. I don’t know who is right or who is bull shitting. So, I rather spend a few k to learn from an experienced investor and speed up my learning process.

After attended the workshop, I can say my money is very well spent Worth every penny of it. I really learned something. Well, you can say it’s fairly easy for me to “learn” something, because I am a newbie (call me a noob if you prefer) in investing.

Basically, Dennis teaches value investing, that is buying stocks that are undervalued through fundamentals analysis. But he also touches on technical analysis in areas which he thinks is important.

There are really “secrets” in the workshop. Like which are the certain specific indicators to look at, for specific industries. He also talk about the “invisible hand”. He describes that as – if right eye is fundamental analysis and technical analysis is left eye, then “invisible hand” is the third eye. Of course and a lot more.

In a way, those are secrets to me because I am not aware of them. But if you think those information are not valuable to you because you are a seasoned investor or purely because you have some financial/business knowledge background, then you are dead wrong.

Of course, if you are a millionaire investor now, then I have nothing to say. BUT if you have not make your million through investing yet you think you know a lot about investing, then something is wrong. What is it that Dennis knows but you don’t? Think about it.

I can say I picked up solid investing knowledge from Dennis. I know how to analyze a company and its stocks now. I felt more confident with my new-found knowledge. In fact, I have already started investing.

As cliche as it may sounds, but it’s really just the start of my investing journey. I still have a lot more to learn. But I am an action taker. I have been reading a lot and absorbing as much as I can.

This post is getting lengthy… to end it, I can say it’s the best $2000 I have spent so far in my life, because I strongly believe I will earn back x10 or even x100 more in the near future. My NTU degree can never do that! :P
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

20 Jul 2011

I decided to start conducting seminars when I saw photo of an elderly woman crying in Straits Times in year 2009...

How I wish I could have reached out to this lady and teach her so that she can avoid losing her entire retirement savings...

I hope my facebook friends can help me spread the knowledge I'm sharing on my facebook page. Let's try to help SAVE people from losing their fortunes in the Next Global Financial Crisis.

P.S. to be my facebook friend, add me, my facebook username is dennisngkw

https://www.facebook.com/DennisNgKW

One day, I was having coffee with one of my "sifus" at a hawker centre...with tears in his eyes, my sifu said it's so sad to see elderly Singaporeans working as cleaners clearing the tables...

Without him knowing, I promised myself that I will make sure in 20 years' time, NO Singaporeans need to be cleaners when they are old, becos I will teach them how to reach Financial Freedom before age 60...

I want to teach 1,000,000 people to reach S$1,000,000 at least...
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

TieGe wrote:Hi all
Thank Dennis.

This is a very powerful rule. I do know this but Dennis make it so clear. There are a few times I missed the opportunity cos i asked my friends should I venture into it and they said no.

I am going to teach others and also my son this powerful rule.

I just taught my son about rule 72 and I am pleased to have imparted some financially literacy to him.

In fact since last year I give him $120 for this birthday and I told him he can spend it or keep with me papa bank and I offer him 10% interest. He decided not to spend it. This year his birthday he also choose to save with me for 10% interest. If this is useful, use it.

Tie Ge
Hi Tie Ge,
I'm so happy to hear this.

The good news about Financial Education is that when a person attend my seminars, the knowledge he/she acquire can then be spread to his/her family and friends.

This is how I intend to help 1 million people, becos by having 10,000 seminar graduates in 5 years, (currently already over 2,100), each seminar graduate helping 100 people, together we will help 1 million people.

You have NOT joined a Seminar, you have joined a Movement, a Revolution of Wealth.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

25 Jul 2011

Sharing an email I wrote to a seminar graduate:

If today you're already a millionaire and financially free like me, what will you be doing?

In the book entitled "Notes from a Friend" (a very think book written by Anthony Robbins), this is a question that was asked...

Whatever the answer is, this might actually be what you really want to do. This is what your Passion really lies.

Few people have asked and answered this question, which is Sad.

I've seen clients who reached Financial Freedom by age 60, but they are NOT really happy becos there is no sense of direction or purpose in their lives. They merely managed to retire comfortably, that's all.

Money can help you buy luxury items, such as a Patek Philippe Watch, BMW/Mercedes, but it really cannot buy Happiness and Fulfillment. Trust me on this, since I've seen many clients who have money but do NOT feel really happy or fulfilled.

For me, when I asked myself this question in 1998, my answer is I will teach others how to reach Financial Freedom after I did it myself.

This is why I've been conducting seminars weekly since May 2009. If your answer is similar, actually you should think about how can you work with Wealth Directions to do this.

In 2 years' time, our plan will be to reach out of Singapore, to the region, including China.

Becos as Buckminster Fuller said, we should work for the entire humanity, and not just our own country (in my case, Singapore).

(I"m reading Critical Path right now), and many of Bucky's concepts and principles resonate with me.
I also think I'm just a function in the Universe, that each person is born in this world to serve the world, born with a Purpose to live.

And I'm glad I've found my purpose since 1998, which have led and guided me in the 13 year journey from year 1998 till the current moment.

We want to help 1,000,000 people to achieve Financial Freedom, and I really hope that you can be actively involved (eg. as a Trainer).

Think through again and reply.

If we work hard, we need to ask ourselves, is what we are working hard on really what we want to do or achieve in the long run? If not, then perhaps it's time to re-look, and possibly to re-start our journey, instead of just going down the path we have walked so far.

In 1998, after I discovered the answer to the question, I decided to pursue my Passion. I started planning to resign from the bank (which it took me 2 years to save enough money to quit the bank in year 2000)...

And in year 2000, I re-started on my journey, starting from ZERO, as a Financial Planner, 7 years after graduating from university.

8 years later, the decision I made helped me reached Financial Freedom in year 2008. Even though for the first 7 years of the journey from year 2000 to year 2007, I didn't earn much, especially duringthe initial first 3 years, I suffered a drop in income of over 50%, compared to my salary in the bank.

However, throughout the journey, the Happiness and Fulfillment that I enjoy and feel is what money cannot buy and a feeling I cannot use words to describe, it is simply Priceless.

And becos I reached Financial Freedom in year 2008, I could then Choose to decide what I want to do for the next phase of my life, I decided to start teaching others how to reach Financial Freedom, (something I set out to do since 1998), and this is why I relaunched www.MasterYourFinance.com in Apr 2009; wrote and launched my first book in May 2009; started conducting seminars from 23 May 2009; set up Wealth Directions with co-founder Yew Kin in Jun 2010 to market my seminars; launched my 2nd book in Dec 2010;

In the last 2 years since I started conducting seminars, there are so many memorable and very happy occasions, especially when seminar graduates shared with me how my seminar helped them decide to change their career; change their spending habits; helped them have the courage to start investing again as they had lost money in investing before; how parents have shared/taught their children what was shared in the seminars and how their children have changed thereafter; how some of my seminar graduates made as much as a few hundred thousand dollars from applying what they learned in my seminar; how they have saved thousands (as much as over S$11,000 in insurance premiums per year) after my seminar....

Each time when seminar graduates shared with me such news, it reinforced to me that whatever I'm doing, especially sacrificing 2 of my weekday nights and almost all of my weekends conducting seminars is worthwhile...that it makes a difference to many others..as Buckminster fuller shared that he stopped working for himself and his family but only work for the benefit of all humanity at age 27. After I achieved Financial Freedom in year 2008, I also make this same decision.

If you wonder why I spend so much time daily in this forum; in facebook; in contributing to various media, including newspapers, Radio, TV etc...is becos
I am dedicating the rest of my life to educate, to help as many people as possible, reach Financial Freedom.

I really cannot do this on my own. I really hope some of my seminar graduates, can also join us (ON a Full Time Basis) for this Same Cause.

You have NOT joined a Seminar, you have joined a Movement, a Revolution of Wealth.

There are many ways to make money and many routes to Financial Freedom. Why NOT choose to help in teaching/guiding others how to Reach Financial Freedom?

The more successful you are in helping to spread Financial Education, the more people you help, and you make a very BIG difference to their lives. I mean, you yourself probably can feel the difference my seminars made to your life yourself. So the more people you help (serve), the more money you make, the sooner you reach Financial Freedom, and you also help others to speed up on their path to Financial Freedom.

Our aim is to help as many people as possible (we set 1 million people) to achieve one million dollars at least...the ONLY question is:

Do you want to get involved full-time to help us?
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

dragonhart2 wrote:Tks,

the hardest and most important thing to change is their MINDSET. if a person mindset is still the same(thinks like the poor), he will not TAKE ACTION even if he paid a lot for a seminar to learn how to think and invest like the RICH.

well, for most people, they need to hit a brick wall and get injured, then they are "enlightened". it does take a lot of courage to bounce back (most people don't and gave up trying).

Warren buffett calls this "paying your dues"...u need to lose $ in stocks first(learn some lessons), then u learn how to make $.

As mentioned by Andrew Matthews: we take the same lesson again and again, until we learnt the lesson. then we move to the next lesson.

people must want to help themselves (badly enough), than we stretch out our hands to help.

on our part, we must be patient to wait till they are ready to receive the teachings(else we will be frustrated that their mindset still the same and not applying what we taught). if they are not ready, we cant' force them to learn (no use and no point getting ourselves frustrated)....the change must come from within them...they must have a BURNING DESIRE to be a millionaire/ to make it financially, then they will have DEFINITE GOALS AND DEFINITE PLANS to achieve it And will be absorbing the teachings like a sponge....hence, we just stand by and wait til they are ready lor..it is their destiny...their right to remain status quo..

"when the student is ready, the teacher appears". Strangely enough, this is what happened to me.

my mindset was ready and open to receive your teachings when i attended your seminar(2, 9,10 and 16 July), hence i am able to understand and apply what u teach.

my wife bought your first book 1 year ago, we tried to register for the free siminar(don't know why we couldn't managed to register .....so we figured that "free one so priority given to paying participants"...ha ha ha quite silly hor)..so we forgot about it....

Then 2 months ago, my wife's friend signed her up and she went(i declined the offer..thinking "uh..just another free seminar to con people to sign up for some get rich quick seminar costing a few thousand...property, stocks, trading forex, stocks...etc...bluff one la")...sure enough, her friends walked out halfway thru the seminar when "Dennis start promoting his paid seminars".......

But then, hearing what my wife said about your seminar and what u shared about "Chip Eng Seng". She said, u seems quite sincere in helping people grow their wealth.

The next day, i went to SGX.com to check CES out....wah! PER 3x, Nav 56.8 cts, share price 46 cts and the 5 yr chart....construction company and developer...stands to benefit from latest Koh BW, HDB announcement to build 22,000 BTO and more DBSS flats in the next 2-3 years....hmm this Dennis got "substance" aka "liao" one...worth attending....

So i signed up for the "Path to financial freedom" workshop...and the rest is history...

it's really THINK and GROW RICH!

hope my sharing can inspire others (who are still hesitating) to take the "leap of faith".

like u mentioned, i am not walking this path alone (there are geninuely helpful people HERE to guide, encourage and scold if necessary).

Jason.
thanks dragonhart (Jason) for sharing.

Yes, Being Happy by Andrew Matthews is one of the books I like as well.

Over time, I discover that True and Long-Lasting Happiness comes from Happiness and Fulfillment in what we do...that when doing the Thing (can be different for different people) itself brings happiness and fulfillment, that just the doing the Thing is the Reward one wants and nothing else.

To me, this Thing turns out to be learning and sharing about what I learn about Finance.

To tell the truth, I'll gladly teach what I now teach without charging any money at all. But I realise that sometimes the higher the price one charge, the higher the perceived value and if it is Free, the perceived value is almost zero as well.

Just look at this forum, just becos we didn't charge Seminar Graduates for it, I know there are many seminar graduates who do NOT really visit the forum daily to maximise the benefit of the forum. I guess people will visit daily if I charge say, S$1,000 per year for Forum membership. haha.
Cheers!

KIASU
Senior Forum Member

Post by KIASU »

Hi Dennis,

I beleived that there a lot of graduate like me who visited this forum daily but are shy to post our comment.
Guess it need courage to post or start doing something new.

Regards,
K S.
Tham Yann Fong

Post by Tham Yann Fong »

Hi Dennis sifu:
I am the new bb just graduate on Jun. I almost visit your forum everyday and I learn a lot , benefit a lot. Although I never post any comment, but I always here.
Warm regards,
Yann Fong
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

The Fact is each seminar, only about 60% of seminar graduates registered in the forum. Guess becos it's FREE.

For graduates who visit the forum, such as yourselves, you will realise the value of the forum. But to these people, they don't register nor visit becos they don't see the value.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

3 Aug 2011

A Real Teacher teach you the Thinking Process. eg. How to look at a stock? What questions to ask? How do I assess a company? How do I look at a Chart to determine whether a stock is in uptrend or downtrend.

A person who only want to make money ask you to sign up for Trading Software so that they can continue to make money from you and you FOREVER depend on the Trainer.

I hope people can wake up to this FACT.

Yes, a Real Teacher will teach a man how to fish. Student will eat for lifetime, but he does NOT "eat" student for lifetime.

It's becos there are so many such Seminars going on that I reached the point I cannot stand it that I started conducting Seminars to teach people How to Fish (Invest).

Someone need to start doing something that is Right and Proper.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
Cheers!

zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

Dennis Ng wrote:Hi all,

The Fact is each seminar, only about 60% of seminar graduates registered in the forum. Guess becos it's FREE.

For graduates who visit the forum, such as yourselves, you will realise the value of the forum. But to these people, they don't register nor visit becos they don't see the value.
The forum is a goldmine for knowledge.

Whenever I come across postings where I learn something new, I will write it down in my notebook. Learned a lot from the forum. :)
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
jfoo2
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by jfoo2 »

60% of seminars participants? Sounds like the remaining 40% has missed out a lot of golden nuggets here. Maybe they have a better way to becoming a millionaire :D

I don't post daily but I read almost every new posts here everyday.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

dvortex wrote:Hi Dennis,

I observe in your posts you never give direct answers and instead, provide supporting evidence and make the questioner think deeper into their quest for the answer to their own question.

In the quest for knowledge, other co-related knowledge are also learnt.

Chinese have a saying, "A good teacher is like a hundred years old tree" something like this...And you are one!

Thank YOU! :D
The problem with the education system is it does NOT educate.

Education derives from the verb educe, which means "to draw forth from within."
The original teaching method of Socrates of drawing from within has been largely displaced by professorial deference to received scholarly authority. Students are taught how to take exams but not how to think, write or find their own path.

Read more: The word education is based on the Latin word educo. What does it mean? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/480273#ixzz1TvtQ3V9M

I see myself as an Educator, this is why the first company I set up in year 2001 is Educo Associates, where I see a Teacher as an associate of the student, as walking by the side of the student, on their path to learning.

A Real Teacher teach you the Thinking Process. eg. How to look at a stock? What questions to ask? How do I assess a company? How do I look at a Chart to determine whether a stock is in uptrend or downtrend.

A person who only want to make money ask you to sign up for Trading Software so that they can continue to make money from you and you FOREVER depend on the Trainer. I hope people can wake up to this FACT.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

But ultimately the key takeaway driven home by Mr Robert Miles is: 'The best investment you can make, according to Warren Buffett, is on yourself and in your education.'
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

most seminars claim they teach you actually they don't. Some just teach you some basic things then ask you to continue to subscribe to their "software" and pay S$500 to over S$1,000 per year...so that they can continue to make money from you, year after year.

While I really teach people how to Invest in my seminars.

I teach the mindset of the Rich, my thought process in analysing and assessing investments. I teach the thinking process of investing, of how to decide what stocks to invest, When to buy and When to sell. So that after attending my seminar, you know how to analyse your existing investment and make your own decision.

I know I managed to do so when my graduates tell me so.

This is an email from a graduate named Sheldon Shen: "I feel that the most important point of your courses is to give people ideas to think and analyse when making investment, this is more than important to tell them to buy which shares or which property, they are very fantastic and practical courses."
Cheers!