How big is your wealth container?

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

alvin
Investing Mentor

How big is your wealth container?

Post by alvin »

Why are some people richer than others? What makes you deserve a greater wealth?

Dennis was sharing with us that the wealth of a person depends on how big his container is. Everyone has a container and it relates to the ability of the person to attract wealth. Essentially, his message is that we need to know the principle of Be-Do-Have. We need to be the kind of person to command $1 million first, before we can have $1 million. On the contrary, most people will only dream about having $1 million, and it often remain as a dream.

We need to ask how would a millionaire think and behave? Compare to our thinking patterns and behaviour, how far are we from a millionaire? What are the wrong perceptions we need to remove? What are the new beliefs that we need to adopt? What are the skills require to get to that level? What are the bad habits that we need to unlearn? You should know by now that the focus is about becoming a better person. The wealth container will grow as you turn better and the more money you can command.

Imagine Employee A is someone who always bitch about work, his colleagues and his boss. Everyday he shows no interest in work, he take lengthy coffee breaks, read newspapers, gossip with colleagues, shuns work, unwilling to help others and produces very little. Meanwhile, Employee B takes work seriously and focuses on completing his tasks. He even extends his helping hand to colleagues, or in fact, doing Employee A’s work. If you are the boss, who would you promote? Who would you give more bonus to? You will not promote him unless you really favour Employee A. Hence, it will not be long that Employee B will be rewarded for his efforts. Even if he is not recognised in his workplace, he could take with him his experience and work ethics and contribute elsewhere readily. He may even be poached by other companies. Employee B will pass any interview with flying colours because he will be able to display confidence and knowledge in his expertise. Employee B’s wealth container is bigger than Employee A’s. Overtime, Employee B will have a greater wealth as compared to Employee A’s. Compounding effect works in this aspect too.

The message is that we need to focus on ourselves, adopt the right mindset, behave the right way, and wealth will find us. Or like T.Harv Eker said to focus on the roots and not the fruits. You cannot change the quantity and quality of fruits (money) if you do not change the roots (thinking). People do not like to hear what is wrong with them. People are resistant to change. And that is why their wealth container don’t expand.
www.bigfatpurse.com - Living a Life of Abundance
walkinepark
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by walkinepark »

In my ex-company, I see a lot Employee B type of colleagues but they don't get ahead and not poached. Wealth goes to them very slowly as the boss view them as being "easy to makan" by other people and may not handle more challenging clients and subordinates.

So, i would like to add on top of the right mindset thingy:
1. Employee B must be vocal and not timid type
2. Employee B must be clear and serious of his/her career path and take action to change as soon as possible if things do not work out.

cheers
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

walkinepark wrote:In my ex-company, I see a lot Employee B type of colleagues but they don't get ahead and not poached. Wealth goes to them very slowly as the boss view them as being "easy to makan" by other people and may not handle more challenging clients and subordinates.

So, i would like to add on top of the right mindset thingy:
1. Employee B must be vocal and not timid type
2. Employee B must be clear and serious of his/her career path and take action to change as soon as possible if things do not work out.

cheers
Not replying to you personally, but replying to what you mentioned, so dont' take my reply personally.

well, we must always remember, just the Quality of the Product (the employee) itself will NOT ensure success. One still need to know how to let others know....this is the same whether for companies or for employees.

However, if a person is really good, it'll just be a matter of time he is being discovered, unless he has no contact with Outside world eg. customers...and even if he does not have, higher ranked superiors in other departments might still notice him and might poach him when he leaves for another company.

But what I want to say is that if a person does NOT increase his/her Container, his/her Chance of SUCCESS is ZERO.

Who is stopping you from becoming more successful or richer? At the end of the day, it is you yourself.

Your time for progress and transformation starts from the POINT that you Start taking responsibility for your own Thoughts, Actions and Reactions, which will then affect your Future.

I've never seen a successful person who does NOT take responsibility for his own thoughts, actions and reactions, but there are many people who remain unsuccessful and barely surviving becos they live life as Victims, blaming everyone else for their situation except themselves.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

cannizzaro wrote:A dialogue with Robert Kuok in China TV program, he is a humble & successful businessman,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXpF71Ra ... ture=share
nglc wrote:I had watched twice the interview to appreciate in depth. His humbleness and humility is a true define for a quote what Dennis had shared in a seminar on Saturday.
德者, 本也. 财者, 末也. 一个人的度量有多大,他的容量就有多大,容量有多大,他的能量就有多大。
Virtuous and humility are the fundamentals that one should hold, material should come the least thing to consider. The extent of one's capacity shall determine how much of one's energy.
Thanks cannizzaro for the sharing.
For a clearer explanation of 德者, 本也. 财者, 末也, please read what Alvin Chow (seminar graduate) after hearing me share about the concept of "Wealth Container" last Thursday after end of Path to Financial Freedom Workshop.

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... php?t=2347

Extracting from part of the full message here:
alvin wrote:Why are some people richer than others? What makes you deserve a greater wealth?

Dennis was sharing with us that the wealth of a person depends on how big his container is. Everyone has a container and it relates to the ability of the person to attract wealth. Essentially, his message is that we need to know the principle of Be-Do-Have. We need to be the kind of person to command $1 million first, before we can have $1 million. On the contrary, most people will only dream about having $1 million, and it often remain as a dream.

We need to ask how would a millionaire think and behave? Compare to our thinking patterns and behaviour, how far are we from a millionaire? What are the wrong perceptions we need to remove? What are the new beliefs that we need to adopt? What are the skills require to get to that level? What are the bad habits that we need to unlearn? You should know by now that the focus is about becoming a better person. The wealth container will grow as you turn better and the more money you can command.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
smarthsf
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by smarthsf »

Agree with wallinepark, need to get notice not end up a victim. What to contribute to the society.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

This article is written by me and Published in My Paper on 19 Oct 2011. Can download article from www.MyPaper.sg

"Important to Make Money With Ethics and Principles" written by Dennis Ng.

君子爱财,取之有道

很多人想快速致富,但是如果我们仔细观察,通常一些所谓快速致富的机会都很可能是骗局。而如果你想通过走“歪路”来快速致富,那么近年中国有许多富豪都最后落得锒铛入狱的下场应该让我们引以为诫。

记住,君子爱财,取之有道。想更有钱,想致富是无可厚非的事,但是我们要切记在赚取钱财应该遵守一些原则,必须在道德的基础下致富。例如,我个人赚钱的原则是第一是一定要合法,第二,一定要不能违背道德,更千万不能损人或害人。第三,只做能达到双赢结果的事。损人利己之事不管有多么有利可图,我都没有兴趣做,利人利己之事则可以多做。

因果效应
如果我们细想,我们今天的财务状况是一个结果,那是反映我们过去的思维与想法,行动与习惯所造成的结果。因此,如果我们想要改善我们自己的财务状况,那么我们不论在想法与思维需要做出改变,我们的决定与行动,包括日常的习惯也要做出改变。

有钱人的思维有何不同?
根据我的观察,有钱人都有很好的学习精神与学习的态度。他们一般都非常好学,而且非常地谦虚。
对他们而言,三人行,必有我师焉。择其善而习之。其不善着而改之。在我们生活的四周围,都有我们的“老师”。一些人有一些陋习与坏习惯,或言谈与举止都不得当,那么我们要加以反省,看看自己是否犯了同样的错。若有,便改过,若无,便引以为诫。如果别人有其优点与及值得学习的地方,我们要向他们看齐,向他们学习。在我的观察,有钱与成功的人士就是抱着这种心态不断求上进,不断改进,不断提升自己的能力与品德。
正所谓:
有德此有人
有人此有土
有土此有财
有财此有用

因为如果你有良好的品德“德”,便能吸引更多人与你合作,与你为友。因此,有德此有人。

有人此有土,这里土的意识是“机会”,如果你有很多人愿意与你为友,愿意与你合作,那么你的机会肯定会更多,那么如果你的机会越来越多的话,那么通常你的财富也自然地增加了。因此,有土此有财,有更多机会自然有更多的钱财。

要懂得善于把握机会
如果我们细读任何成功人士的传记都会发现他们懂得善于把握机会,才能因此鲤鱼跃龙门。
古代传说黄河鲤鱼跳过龙门(河南省洛阳市龙门山),就会变化成龙。后以“鲤鱼跳龙门”比喻飞黄腾达之事。后来又用作比喻逆流前进;奋发向上。因此,如果你要有出人头地的一天,必须学习奋发向上的精神,而且要善于把握机会。
富人决策的简单原则
当然,凡事都有其风险,因此,我发现富人有一套简单的方法让他们能够在10次投资中只对4次,错6次却仍然可以变得更有钱。
那就是富人在做任何决定以前都会问自己两个问题,那是如果决定错了,最糟的情况会亏多少钱。一般,他们会愿意亏损最多25%。那么如果他们6次投资错误,亏钱了,总共亏了150%。但是,第二个问题他们会问如果投资对了,可能赚多少钱,而他们只有在赚钱的可能比亏钱的可能至少多一倍的情况下才会投资。那么,如果最糟可能亏损25%,那么升值的潜能必须多出一倍,或至少50%。如此一来,如果10次投资,只是4次对了,他们总共赚了至少200%。总体而言,10次投资4次对但6次错,他们却非但不亏钱,而是变更有钱。按照这个简单的原则去进行投资,难怪有钱人能够有把握机会的果断与胆量。
而一般的人却通常畏畏缩缩,凡事举棋不定,犹豫不决,一生因此错过了一次又一次的机会。一些人却不知反省,还一味地怨天尤人,埋怨自己没有运气或机会。

财富取决于你为多少人服务与增值的多少

微软的比尔盖茨是全世界最有钱的人,为什么?如果你细想,那是因为他的公司的软件有全球最多的客户,全球90%的电脑都用微软的Windows软件。因此,你的财富的多寡取决于你到底为多少人服务,以及服务的增值。如果你为1百万人服务,但服务增值只是一元,那么你的服务增值为100 万元。但是,如果你能够提升自己的服务增值到1 千元,那么你的服务增值为1千万元。

按照这个简单的财富方程式,你只要不断设法增加你服务的人数以及服务的增值,那么你肯定会变得更有钱。10年前,我对此不懂,一年只赚3万元,如今我懂得财富的方程式,一年赚30万元,或多了10倍。

德者, 本也. 财者, 末也。 所以如果你想变得更有钱,你要想如何提高自己的德行,那是根本,那是“因”,财富只是你遵照我以上分享的心得,不断耕耘的结果。财者, 末也。我自己的成功就是一个不争的实例。

有财此有用。当你有钱时要学会用钱的智慧。如果只一味顾自己的享受,盖豪宅,收集名贵跑车,花钱如流水,那么你的钱财对社会却没多大作用。取之社会,用于社会。我们应该适量享受,但是也应该用自己取之社会的财富,用于社会,帮助社会上一些需要帮助的人,为社会尽一份绵力。有舍必有得,多舍便多得,不舍就不得。如果社会上有钱的人都有同样的想法与做法,则这世界会更加美好。

作者拥有多年的银行工作经验,在 2003 年创办房贷咨询网站,www.HousingLoanSG.com , 2009 年创办了www.MasterYourFinance.com
Cheers!

stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by stanlee »

Dennis Ng wrote:This article is written by me and Published in My Paper on 19 Oct 2011. Can download article from www.MyPaper.sg

"Important to Make Money With Ethics and Principles" written by Dennis Ng.

君子爱财,取之有道

很多人想快速致富,但是如果我们仔细观察,通常一些所谓快速致富的机会都很可能是骗局。而如果你想通过走“歪路”来快速致富,那么近年中国有许多富豪都最后落得锒铛入狱的下场应该让我们引以为诫。

记住,君子爱财,取之有道。想更有钱,想致富是无可厚非的事,但是我们要切记在赚取钱财应该遵守一些原则,必须在道德的基础下致富。例如,我个人赚钱的原则是第一是一定要合法,第二,一定要不能违背道德,更千万不能损人或害人。第三,只做能达到双赢结果的事。损人利己之事不管有多么有利可图,我都没有兴趣做,利人利己之事则可以多做。

因果效应
如果我们细想,我们今天的财务状况是一个结果,那是反映我们过去的思维与想法,行动与习惯所造成的结果。因此,如果我们想要改善我们自己的财务状况,那么我们不论在想法与思维需要做出改变,我们的决定与行动,包括日常的习惯也要做出改变。

有钱人的思维有何不同?
根据我的观察,有钱人都有很好的学习精神与学习的态度。他们一般都非常好学,而且非常地谦虚。
对他们而言,三人行,必有我师焉。择其善而习之。其不善着而改之。在我们生活的四周围,都有我们的“老师”。一些人有一些陋习与坏习惯,或言谈与举止都不得当,那么我们要加以反省,看看自己是否犯了同样的错。若有,便改过,若无,便引以为诫。如果别人有其优点与及值得学习的地方,我们要向他们看齐,向他们学习。在我的观察,有钱与成功的人士就是抱着这种心态不断求上进,不断改进,不断提升自己的能力与品德。
正所谓:
有德此有人
有人此有土
有土此有财
有财此有用

因为如果你有良好的品德“德”,便能吸引更多人与你合作,与你为友。因此,有德此有人。

有人此有土,这里土的意识是“机会”,如果你有很多人愿意与你为友,愿意与你合作,那么你的机会肯定会更多,那么如果你的机会越来越多的话,那么通常你的财富也自然地增加了。因此,有土此有财,有更多机会自然有更多的钱财。

要懂得善于把握机会
如果我们细读任何成功人士的传记都会发现他们懂得善于把握机会,才能因此鲤鱼跃龙门。
古代传说黄河鲤鱼跳过龙门(河南省洛阳市龙门山),就会变化成龙。后以“鲤鱼跳龙门”比喻飞黄腾达之事。后来又用作比喻逆流前进;奋发向上。因此,如果你要有出人头地的一天,必须学习奋发向上的精神,而且要善于把握机会。
富人决策的简单原则
当然,凡事都有其风险,因此,我发现富人有一套简单的方法让他们能够在10次投资中只对4次,错6次却仍然可以变得更有钱。
那就是富人在做任何决定以前都会问自己两个问题,那是如果决定错了,最糟的情况会亏多少钱。一般,他们会愿意亏损最多25%。那么如果他们6次投资错误,亏钱了,总共亏了150%。但是,第二个问题他们会问如果投资对了,可能赚多少钱,而他们只有在赚钱的可能比亏钱的可能至少多一倍的情况下才会投资。那么,如果最糟可能亏损25%,那么升值的潜能必须多出一倍,或至少50%。如此一来,如果10次投资,只是4次对了,他们总共赚了至少200%。总体而言,10次投资4次对但6次错,他们却非但不亏钱,而是变更有钱。按照这个简单的原则去进行投资,难怪有钱人能够有把握机会的果断与胆量。
而一般的人却通常畏畏缩缩,凡事举棋不定,犹豫不决,一生因此错过了一次又一次的机会。一些人却不知反省,还一味地怨天尤人,埋怨自己没有运气或机会。

财富取决于你为多少人服务与增值的多少

微软的比尔盖茨是全世界最有钱的人,为什么?如果你细想,那是因为他的公司的软件有全球最多的客户,全球90%的电脑都用微软的Windows软件。因此,你的财富的多寡取决于你到底为多少人服务,以及服务的增值。如果你为1百万人服务,但服务增值只是一元,那么你的服务增值为100 万元。但是,如果你能够提升自己的服务增值到1 千元,那么你的服务增值为1千万元。

按照这个简单的财富方程式,你只要不断设法增加你服务的人数以及服务的增值,那么你肯定会变得更有钱。10年前,我对此不懂,一年只赚3万元,如今我懂得财富的方程式,一年赚30万元,或多了10倍。

德者, 本也. 财者, 末也。 所以如果你想变得更有钱,你要想如何提高自己的德行,那是根本,那是“因”,财富只是你遵照我以上分享的心得,不断耕耘的结果。财者, 末也。我自己的成功就是一个不争的实例。

有财此有用。当你有钱时要学会用钱的智慧。如果只一味顾自己的享受,盖豪宅,收集名贵跑车,花钱如流水,那么你的钱财对社会却没多大作用。取之社会,用于社会。我们应该适量享受,但是也应该用自己取之社会的财富,用于社会,帮助社会上一些需要帮助的人,为社会尽一份绵力。有舍必有得,多舍便多得,不舍就不得。如果社会上有钱的人都有同样的想法与做法,则这世界会更加美好。

作者拥有多年的银行工作经验,在 2003 年创办房贷咨询网站,www.HousingLoanSG.com , 2009 年创办了www.MasterYourFinance.com
too bad there is no "like" button in this forum like facebook. I would give 100x "like" to this article if possible :D
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

怨就不要做, 做就不要怨。

Post by candy_chia »

Indeed, everyone should take responsibilities for OWN action.

Quote Master Li Ju Ming 李居明 from his book, Words of Truth to Fortune (改运学)

怨就不要做, 做就不要怨。
(Don't complaint if you decide to do a task)

不要因自己投资失误而埋怨股票。
(Don't blame loss in investment on wrong shares tips rather than wrong investment decision)

不要因为自己的失败而埋怨别人太成功太富有。
(Don't blame others for own failure)
Dennis Ng wrote: Who is stopping you from becoming more successful or richer? At the end of the day, it is you yourself.

Your time for progress and transformation starts from the POINT that you
Start taking responsibility for your own Thoughts, Actions and Reactions

which will then affect your Future.

I've never seen a successful person who does NOT take responsibility for his own thoughts, actions and reactions, but there are many people who remain unsuccessful and barely surviving becos they live life as Victims, blaming everyone else for their situation except themselves.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: How big is your wealth container?

Post by Dennis Ng »

danielcheng wrote:True.

A bit too tricky for me. Not analytical nor hardworking enough to play in the current market. Seems to be a 50/50 chance of making using whatever As(FA/TA/CSA) as a non trader.

Should be a great time for traders tho'. There is always a good reason to buy and excuse to sell either long or short.
Hi danielcheng,
actually if you remember, Yip Khiong did mention it is possible to just have 30% accuracy in TA and still make money, as long as one practises minimises losses by cutting losses and let profits run. (He shared the real life example of "Turtle Traders" as example) and also recommended a few books on Turtle Traders.

Using the only Invest when upside at least double downside rule, it is possible to be right only 40% of the time in Investing to become Richer and Richer over time.

Problem is few people realise the above Truths and keep thinking they have to be right all the time, which end up they unwilling to cut loss or admit they are wrong even when it is clear that their views are wrong.

Successful Investors/Traders do NOT have Big ego, average person loses money becos they have this Ego to be Right all/most of the times.

Thus, as I shared, learning how to invest, the BEST reward is NOT the additional Wealth that one would achieve but it is the process of becoming a Better person (less egoistic as just one of many examples, becoming emotionally calm, practise Logical Thinking and Decision Making etc)...

The Steps to Success is Be, Do, Have.

One need to be a a Better person in order to Do the things that average person would not do and after you have steps Be and Do, the Have (wealth) is just a natural end result that one does NOT even need to aim for or focus on. Focus on Being and Doing the Right things one would get the Right result....another Real Life example of the Universal Law of Cause and Effect. Wealth is the Effect or destination.

It's the journey that matters, the process that matters, the Destination (Financial Freedom) is just the End Result of the Journey or Path...
Cheers!

danielcheng
Investing Mentor

Post by danielcheng »

Dennis

Thanks. Actually what you've penned is technically nothing wrong. I cannot fault that.

Just that the market is very disrupted nowadays and sentiment driven. So, it is up to individual's experience and knowledge to participate in the market. Sometimes, it may not behave as expected, both hard and soft skills and an eagle's eyes are required. But this is just my personal thots. Maybe my wealth container is not big enough.

Anyways, I believe majority of the candidates are making money using your all weather method. Good for you guys.

Daniel
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

in this case, it is more of you having a different choice or preference and is NOT a case of the size of your Wealth Container, just posting this to ensure people don't confuse the concept of Wealth Container with choice/preference.

Earlier this year, by buying stocks in Jan/Feb when market was going up and selling at higher prices in Apr/early May, I managed to get over 10% returns. This is a real life example how knowing some TA can help one make money in a range trading market as the market (STI was trading between 2,700 to 3,000 level during this time period).

If I just use Market Cycle Investing, then I would NOT have done anything during this time period and missed the realised gains. Of course, I limit my risk my only allocating 10% of my wealth into stocks during this period and I was only investing part of my realised gains (in last 2 years) and not risking any Fresh Capital.

Just explain WHY I do what I did, and also the "safety" measures I took to ensure that the Upside (Reward) is at least double the Downside (Risk).

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
danielcheng wrote:Dennis

Thanks. Actually what you've penned is technically nothing wrong. I cannot fault that.

Just that the market is very disrupted nowadays and sentiment driven. So, it is up to individual's experience and knowledge to participate in the market. Sometimes, it may not behave as expected, both hard and soft skills and an eagle's eyes are required. But this is just my personal thots. Maybe my wealth container is not big enough.

Anyways, I believe majority of the candidates are making money using your all weather method. Good for you guys.

Daniel
Cheers!

candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

Our financial assessment with our financial planners a few months ago confirmed that using our quarter million for investment is sufficient for us to lead a comfortable golden years, as we have always been leading a frugal lifestyle; with no visit to restaurants (except celebrating birthdays) & utilising "BMW" like Dennis.
Dennis Ng wrote: http://financiallyfreenow.wordpress.com ... llionaire/

junne 25, 2011

financiallyfreenow Personal Finance

How a Salaried Employee became a Millionaire?

A few days ago, I went for a talk on “Path to Financial Freedom” by Dennis Ng. It was actually a free preview for his workshops but one could learn a thing or two from the preview. He has been featured in many local newspapers and TV shows and writes for MyPaper every alternate Wednesday. What connects him to the layman is that he was once a salaried employee like most Singaporeans and he became financially free after several years of saving and investing prudently.

He also is very prudent in his expenses. He shared his experience on how he curbs his expenses. When he was working, his fellow colleague always bought a $5 Spinelli coffee everyday whereas he made his own 3-in-1 coffee. To commute between places, he uses BMW (bus, MRT, walk).
http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... &hilit=bmw

The Container Of Wealth
The Water Container.

So often over the years I have said that money is really important to living a full life, and then qualified things by saying that many people can spoil their life by keep amassing money at the expense of enjoying their life.

Rich is a relevant perception, to who is asking the question. Someone with nothing will think that maybe a $1000 can be regarded as rich, and then someone else will feel that rich will mean having the most money.

I think that joining the game of trying to get the most is a sad state, and I have met and interviewed some seriously wealthy people, and most of them say that if given their time again, they would ease up and really start doing the things they want to do at a point that they now know is ample wealth.

Whatever way we look at money, a Surplus of it is of absolutely No Use to You, and if you Cannot find it in You to GIVE it Towards HELPING OTHERS, then it becomes Stagnant.
donations.png
donations.png (178.73 KiB) Viewed 28758 times
This is one of the hardest things to get clear when changing your mindset, because lots of people just think of a huge amount of money, and think that obtaining this will make you a different person and allow you to enjoy yourself and live a fulfilled life.

It could be worth then looking at the richest woman in the world as of today. Gina Reinhart the mining Baroness is worth almost $30 billion, and is embroiled in a family dispute over her money. One must then ask the question, has the extraordinary amount of money brought her happiness?
dispute over money.png
dispute over money.png (76.81 KiB) Viewed 28758 times
I don’t know any details of her personal life, but I am sure that this situation is taking up a lot of her time and she would rather be doing something else. So with all her money, because she is NOT in Control of her Time, she is having to do things that she would rather not be doing.

It is evident then that having very large amounts of money, brings with it some pressures, from many diverse areas. It would be safe then to say that far from solving problems, it can throw up a lot of other problems.

I have never actually had an analogy that could explain a surplus of money, but last night I suddenly thought of one that may work.

If we were given a container that filled with a certain liquid ( representing money )was enough to keep us in a lifestyle that we wanted for our whole life, what would you do when filling it?. You only get one visit to the tap.

1) Some people may start filling it and then get impatient and run off with the container only A QUARTER or HALF FULL,
~~ they will then either have to live Frugally to make what they had last,
~~~ or they could live very well for a given period and then suffer at other times.

2) Others will stand there and although it is a bit of a pain and quite strenuous to keep hold of the container, they will fill it to 3 QUARTERS FULL, and say that will do.
- These people could divide the content of the container up over their life and be OK, not quite living the high life, but OK.

3) Then you will get the ones that go through the pain barrier and wait until the container is FULL, these people will have a fulfilled life and have enough to keep them living a Very Comfortable lifestyle with not too many problems.

4) A very unique group, will go through the pain barrier fill the container and then keep TRYING to Get MORE liquid into the container, and every time they try and move away, they leave the tap running into the container to just make sure that there is no possible way they can get any more in.

==> They are Frightened to Leave because they really Do NOT Believe that what is in the container will be Enough.

===> So they spend their lives all the time having enough, but Scared to Do Anything just in case it is not.

===> At the end of their life they are still standing at the tap trying to get more in the container and suddenly they realise that they have actually NOT Done A Lot of the Things that they WANTED to Do.

I think that knowing How Much we need is such an important part of life, and removing the fear of lack is a major part of being able to relax.
how much money do we need.png
how much money do we need.png (195.01 KiB) Viewed 28758 times
Having reached the ripe old age of 64 years young I can tell you that Living well and Creating Money is much more fun when you are CONTENT and RELAXED, and although the amount needed to live confortably is quite substantial, it is in no way prohibitive.

I get so many people who say that they would be prepared to sacrifice everything to have a huge amount of money, and now I can have a great mental picture of them standing at the tap with their container overflowing stuck in one position with no way to enjoy themselves.

I hope this little analogy helps you put into perspective what we need to get through life and also explains that to fill the container requires different disciplines. The more effort you are prepared to put in to filling the container the better your life will be.

I really hope that you are not one of those people who are afraid to leave the tap.

Go fill your container.

http://croz.com.au/the-container-of-wealth