Our Goal is to help 1 million people reach S$1 million

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Our Goal is to help 1 million people reach S$1 million

Post by Dennis Ng »

many people if I ask them what do they want? Some tell me they want to reach Financial Freedom with at least S$1 million.

Then I asked them when you reached Financial Freedom, what will you be doing?

Then most of them would say:"then finally, I can don't work, I can do nothing." Others might reply me:"Never thought of that, maybe I would travel the world."

Then I asked them, after you travel the world, say you take 1 year or even 2 years to do that, after that, what are you going to do?

Then they might just say:"as I said, then I can do nothing, instead of work, work and work."

If I ask them again, other than doing nothing, everyday when they wake up after they are financially free, what are they going to do?

Most of them would again tell me:"I will think about it when I reach Financial Freedom."

I'm not trying to be funny, it is really a very important thing you must think about. For me in year 2000, when I resigned from the bank, and started on my path to mastering my own finances, I was very clear about what I plan to do.

I wrote down I want to learn how to master my own finances and reach Financial Freedom, so that I can then teach others how to master their finances and reach Financial Freedom. And since achieving Financial Freedom in year 2008, I really started doing what I said I would do, and I would say that today, I'm busier (in a way, cos I can learn until 12 midnight), but also very free, I can choose to do nothing if that is really what I want...However, I can tell you doing nothing can be really boring.

Don't believe me? This is a posting in another internet forum I saw:

funman168 Wrote: Hi all,
I am 36 this year. Nett asset of abt S$1m, single, no hse & car.
Been in retirement for a yr doing purely trading & investment & holidaying.
Finding it quite bored, think I will be looking for a job soon.

Life is too precious for us to Waste on doing nothing.

Please start thinking what you plan to do when you reach Financial Freedom otherwise you are likely to end up like this forumer in another forum "funman168", "finding it quite bored..."
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

As you might know, I was down with a cough and a serious throat inflammation resulting in my losing my voice since last Saturday. Don't worry, of course I saw a doctor, on Friday when I first started coughing and having a sore throat, I already went to see a doctor and got antibiotics and other medication... but the throat inflammation still worsened...

Up until yesterday morning, I could hardly speak, and I was so worried that if I miss the "Live" Radio program on Capital Radio 95.8 FM and tell them last minute (yesterday) that I could not speak on today's program, it would be difficult for them to find a replacement at such short notice...

Thus, throughout yesterday I prayed and also use CBA (Conceive, Believe, Achieve) ... I said please let me at least have some voice so that I can share with the public tomorrow...this morning I woke up and I can speak (but my voice still hoarse) and I was so happy and thankful... so I went to the Radio Station as scheduled...the DJ was "touched" when I told her that I went today becos I don't want to disappoint the public and listeners... and of course, deep in my heart once again it reaffirmed again that to help educate the public on financial matters mean more than anything else to me... in the past I ever even went on "Air" on Radio by speaking on my phone in my house when I was running a High fever 39 degrees and feeling very goggy and giddy...

But I have to apologise to DJ Ning Na of http://www.in988.com and DJ Keith of "Money Wise" program on News Radio 93.8 FM that I had to inform them on Sunday that I could NOT speak on their programs on Monday...

Don't worry, I actually take very good care of myself...and I will recover...of course since I fell sick on Friday till today, I have NOT stopped sharing on this forum or facebook, even though I'm given MC by doctor...

CBA really works. So far it has worked for me in all areas of my life. Now I am using it to work on my health as well. There is no reason why it does NOT work on health when it works in all other areas of my life...including getting married to my wife, (she is so good that I think is already extinct or non-existent in this world)... but I had used CBA on finding such a woman in my life and I did...other areas I used CBA and worked include the following:

1. getting into School of Accountancy
2. Graduating with Honours degree even though I was very active in CCA in University and had little time to study.
3. Starting and owning my own business
4. Learn how to master my finances
5. to publish a book and be an author
6. to be not just any author but a Bestselling Author, to be in Straits Times Bestseller List
7. to have my own Radio Program
8. to have my own Column on Personal Finance in magazine, newspapers
9. to have my own TV program (somewhat come true becos Good Morning Singapore is launching a new weekly segment on every Tuesday to talk about Wealth and invited me to kick off this program for them.
10. to have my book break into international market (this also coming true soon as Samsung is going to put my book as an app for sale on their Learning Hub)
11. to be a Speaker and Teacher
12. to win an Entrepreneurship award... (I won the Top 5 Emerging Entrepreneur Award for the inaugural SME1 Asia Award in year 2011.
13. to write more than just 1 book...I already have 3 books under my belt. My 4th book (100% in Chinese) is planned to be published in Nov 2012...including content I wrote since 1 Jan 2011 till now for My Paper (my 2nd book (100% in Chinese) only have content till Oct 2010.

Not sure what else I miss...but CBA indeed worked for me and I am forever grateful to Napoleon Hill who shared this formula (after he learned from Andrew Carnegie)

I'm sharing the above to inspire and encourage all of you that CBA really works. It worked many, many times for me, but for it to work, you must believe 100%, even 99% would NOT do. You don't need to know HOW, becos the "How" will be revealed to you by the Universe and the Universe will bring to you ALL the people and resources you need to Achieve what you Conceived...trust me, I'm sharing this with you based on personal experience, not theory.

Push on, everyone, do NOT give up. Nobody failed, all succeeded, only a matter of time. You only failed when you give up.

Never, never, never, never, never, never, never Give Up (as Winston Churchill said).
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

In order to reach out to help educate as many people as possible, together with our trainers, we are launching a FREE Community Financial Education Outreach Program.

As the name imply, we will be conducting Financial Education Talks for FREE for the community, eg. Schools, Universities, Libraries, Community Clubs, Associations and any other non-profit organisations. These will comprise short 1.5 hour talk on general tips on Financial Planning, Insurance, Investment etc, and the talks are 100% purely educational without expecting anything in return.

I'm glad that our trainers are selfless to share as I tell them that these talks are NOT Path to Financial Freedom workshops and will NOT be marketing my seminars at all, and is done PURELY to educate the General Public from all walks of life. In so doing, our trainers will experience what is True Giving and to be Go Givers, and as I told them, sometimes they might receive thank you cards, emails, phone calls, SMS from people who attended the talks to thank them....this is what I experienced too in my 11 years of conducting FREE Public Financial Talks for various organisations...and to me, such "Reward" is most satisfying and is Priceless, a feeling that money cannot buy.

By participating, our trainers also made a contribution towards helping to raise the level of Financial Literacy in Singapore

I'm really serious in the goal to help one million people achieve one million dollars and I hope that such Community Outreach program can help to educate as many people as possible and of course, this can only be possible if our group of Trainers join in in this "movement".

In time to come, the public will finally realise that Wealth Directions is not another seminar company whose main aim is to make money...but we are actually starting a Wealth Revolution to help bridge the widening Rich Poor Divide.

What is Rich? Most people only think of material wealth, according to Napoleon Hill, there are 12 things that make a person Rich and money is the last one of the 12. I hope all of you can become Enlightened Millionaires and also possess the 12 Riches that Napoleon Hill mentioned.

Napoleon Hill-- 12 Things That Make Men Rich!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2zHUyC1D4

Calling ALL seminar graduates, if you know of any non-profit organisations interested in such a FREE Public Financial Education Program, can email to outreach@masteryourfinance.com with subject title "Financial Education Outreach Program" your name, mobile number, the organisation (eg. Thomson Community Club), and who can we speak to at the organisation to make this happen.

Let's all do our part to help bridge the Rich Poor Divide. If it is not me, then who? If it is not now, then when? (this is what Serene Loong's friend's grandmother shared with him and it seem exactly similar to the 3 questions that Jim Rohn in the video ask us to ask ourselves.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Mystique wrote:Hi Dennis, i share your views. I've set a target of 5 years to achieve financial freedom and i do not hope but believe it is achievable. The only way to achieve this is to learn to fish and the correct way to fish.

Belief- Desire- Burning Obsession coupled with persistence = Goal attained
Great! The most important is your Belief, must believe 100%, even 99% would NOT do. As Henry Ford says:"whether you think you can or you can't, you're correct." Whenever I have self-doubts, I always remind myself of this quote from Henry Ford which I also share in ALL my 3 books too.

P.S. yes, I'm human, and there are times I have self-doubts too. But I then swiftly change my mental state by repeating Henry Ford's quote to myself.
Cheers!

racoon12
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by racoon12 »

SOS message:

Hi All
"This forum will discontinue unless 30 participate to Give" http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... =16&t=2690

please support by doing 3 charity work: and report in on the above forum :D :)

1. do a donation
2. tell them about this forum information able to enlightened them on crisis preparation
3. teach kids or children to be good by sharing what they have on their hands
4. Tell them about positive debts & negative debt difference
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for your ever-ready attitude in sharing to others!!
This is the spirit that Dennis had kept telling us: "The more you share, the more you learn... Give and you shall receive..."

I happened to be in his seminar, the Stock Seminar, on 21st/22nd July 2012 at Suntec City, with other 'trainers', Serene Loong, Adrian Chua, Jimmy.
It was our 'revision' to learn more from him in order for us to replace him conducting the seminar in future.
So that he can do some other strategic planning to reach out to more people.
We recorded the seminar for our learning. However, it happened to be his last seminar.

Just for sharing to everybody part of the first hour of the seminar. When I re-watched the video again the day after his wake.

I compiled the video and you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzK998SXgx0

Coincident or not that we recorded the seminar just before his departure,
I hope everybody now knows that he REALLY is SERIOUS about sharing and teaching to more people.

alvin wrote:Dear fellow graduates, it is heartening to see most us want the forum to continue.
Yew Kin has decided the monthly mentoring sessions will continue.
I will be conducting the next session on 13 Aug 12, Mon.
More details will be released soon.
Keep in touch!
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
patap
Site Admin

Post by patap »

We are ready to launch the FREE Financial Education Outreach Program!

This is one of the initiatives by our late Mr Dennis Ng, together with Wealth Directions and its trainers, to reach out to help educate as many people as possible. We believe the FREE talks will help raise the level of Financial Literacy in Singapore and thus bringing us one step closer towards our goal of helping one million people achieve one million dollars.

As proposed by Looster earlier, we shall name this program "Dennis Ng Financial Education Outreach Program".

We will be conducting Financial Education Talks for FREE for the community, eg. Schools, Universities, Libraries, Community Clubs, Associations and any other non-profit organisations. These will comprise short 1.5 hour talk on general tips on Financial Planning, Insurance, Investment etc, and the talks are 100% purely educational without expecting anything in return.

During the talks, we will NOT be marketing our seminars at all. It is PURELY to educate the General Public.

If you know of any non-profit organisations interested in such a FREE Public Financial Education Program, please email to outreach@masteryourfinance.com with subject title "Dennis Ng Financial Education Outreach Program" your name, mobile number, the name of the organisation, and who can we speak to at the organisation to make this happen.

Let's all do our part to contribute to the Society and help bridge the Rich Poor Divide.
Regards,
Patricia Hung
MasterYourFinance.Com
AdrianChua
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by AdrianChua »

I would like to add on to the Wealth formula that Sifu Dennis has shared with us.

From my own experience and learning from many others, this is the revised Wealth formula:

Expressing your unique talent x Number of people your serve x Value that you add

The most important thing is to find your unique talent. Every one of us has it that no one else has the exact same talent as you. How do you know if you are expressing your unique talent? When you are expressing your unique talent, you will continue to do it even though you already have all the money you need. The earlier you find your unique talent, the earlier you can unlock the Wealth Formula.

After I apply the above formula, my life changed totally.
Adrian Chua

Twitter: @adrianchua9
Facebook: adrian.xplore

Join our facebook group to learn tricks and tips on iPhone/iPad/Mac, "iPhone/iPad/Mac users in SG"